• PM To Join • Another Day In Parad-Ice

(Vega) With some ice fishing to boot!

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Ricky
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Fisherman
Renown: 70
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 2

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Another Day In Parad-Ice

Cylus 2 718, Early

Bloody miserable hell it had gotten cold, far too cold for Enrick's standards in this case. He'd spent as much of Zi'da as he could in his sloop The Windrunner, before too long where he had to board up somewhere with better heating and insulation. Seven forbid he tried and sailed out to open water this time of the Arc, since the shores of Scalvoris had taken to freezing conditions that severely limited travel. When he arrived at the harbor he'd worn the wintry apparel appropriate for the occasion, as he had little else to do solve his dilemma other than to fish... on ice.

That's right. He would literally be going out to fish on frozen water, because as it stood his boat was incapable of moving at all. No matter how much he wanted to free the sails, it would only damage both them and the mast as the sloop had been frozen in place. To make matters worse the waters near shore were nothing but thick ice, so that mean he'd have to wait for the warmer weather to release his boat once more. What a time he couldn't wait for then...

Outfitted with the attire of his shirt, trousers, glove, and boots; Enrick also had over him a couple more layers for warmth. Those layers consisting of a combination of his new fur padded jacket, and of course the black cloak he had wrapped and draped over his shoulders. Already he felt the skin of his cheeks sting from the cold, thankfully with that cloak he'd be able to manage while he set up a spot for fishing. Turquoise colored eyes flashed to the cargo hold of his sloop, as flecks of orange started to mix into the hues of his eyes with deep breaths. To see the hot moisture leave his nostrils and lips in a puff of moisture was a sure sign of the cold, as well as the dangers that seemed to await those who dared remain in it for too long.

Once he'd reached inside to pull out the essentials for this trip, the fishing gear as well as the ice pick he'd purchased recently, Enrick shut the trapdoor to his cargo and looked down over the bow. Ice. Seemed sturdy enough for him to land on really, which he did after he dropped his things down below. He had heard the snow and ice beneath his feet crunch as his knees bent to cushion his landing, his eyes widened as he froze completely still for a brief moment. How about that. The ice wasn't cracking at all thankfully...

Enrick picked up his fishing rod and rested it on his shoulder, the kit then held in left hand while the ice pick remained in his right. With a tall stand he moved a little ways from his sloop into the open... ice. Or was it considerably water still? Whichever really. He had to tread carefully as he walked across the surface, the spots of orange in his eyes larger as he managed to trek several yards without hearing any cracks. Good. The ice was thick out here as well. With his fishing gear rested on the surface Enrick moved a couple steps away, the ice pick held up to aim where he wanted it to hit first. With the raise of his right arm he brought the tool down to smash the tip into the ice, which chipped off a small chunk but didn't really produce any cracks.

"Ugh, great." He murmured with another raise of the ice pick, this time however he angled it slightly before he made another strike. Another chip but this time there seemed to be a bit of depth with the tool, and with a few tugs Enrick could hear a crack in the ice he'd hit. Still only ice remained between him and the water... He exhaled another cloud of moisture as both red and orange specks decorated the turquoise coloration in his irises, and then with another raised arm he took in a breath of freezing cold air. Strike. The ice pick sank deeper into the area he'd chipped with a satisfying crunch at that, and when he exhaled yet another white puff of moisture he yanked to pull it further apart. Success.

He'd struck deep enough to be able to reveal a water hole within the ice, which was made big enough after he continued chipping more ice away. Next came the part in preparing his rod, and hopefully once that was done he'd bring home freshly frozen fish. U'frek forbid he'd accomplish that before long, otherwise Enrick would turn into a snowman for sitting out longer than he should.
Last edited by Ricky on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 813
"Every side attacks ya, when y' don't take sides."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1739
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Another Day In Parad-Ice

2nd Cylus, 718
Boredom was a disease, she had decided, and she had a terminal case of it. It was cold and it was dark and it was dull around here. It wasn't, not at all and she knew it. There were a hundred things that she could be doing on the Wanderlust, things that would continue to prepare them for the journeys ahead, but no. No, Vega was going a little bit stir crazy. It was the walls, she knew.

And the ice.

The ice which was currently stopping them from going anywhere. She didn't want to go anywhere, they had nowhere they needed to be, but it was still stopping her and she was not one little bit happy about it. Not one little bit. So, she'd told Arlo that she was going for a walk. Somewhere. Anywhere. She got the feeling that maybe, just maybe she'd been a little bit grouchy. Just a little bit because he looked almost relieved to see the back end of her.

Hmmm.

So, she'd decided, she was going to do some fishing. That was fun, it was interesting and it was outside. Plus, it would mean that she'd done something useful, so she gathered up the stuff and made her way out. Vega, it had to be said, was dressed for the weather. High boots, thick socks, trousers, thick tights, a dress, coat and cloak. Gloves, scarf and a hat which hat ear-flaps and tied under her chin made from bee-skin. The hat was barely visible under the tight hood of the coat and the loose but heavy hood of the cloak. There was another bloke out there, she saw and so, Vega, being who she was, watched him for a while.

Judging by the way he made such a drama out of just breaking the ice, Vega figured either he was new at this, rubbish at it or about as strong as a dead kipper. Maybe, she figured, it was all three. Yes, definitely still a bit grouchy. She hoisted the bucket with her that she had and she wondered whether she should just let him get on with it. But then, that would be cruel.

So, Vega made her way over. "Heya," the woman said, and there was a smile there judging by the crinkling of her eyes. "I'm Vega." Her accent and her eyes betrayed her as biqaj and she motioned to where he was fishing. "If yer gonna be ice fishin' you need live bait. They won't bite without. An' you need to jigem while yer feelin' fer stickies." Yes, she said it like she meant it. Like she understood it and expected him to, also. Putting her bucket down, Vega pulled a small piece of wood, then put a folded blanket over it. Stopped her knees getting wet as she put the wood down then the blanket and knelt on it.

"So, you don't do ice fishin' much, then, eh?" She grinned at him and started to attach a fairly large lure to her hook, her hands moving quickly and with confidence to attach. "Want some 'elp? Or I can go do my own. But you picked a good spot." Looking at him she couldn't quite help but ask what seemed to her to be a relevant and rather obvious question.

"That luck or judgement?"
word count: 571

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Ricky
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Another Day In Parad-Ice

He hadn't anticipated the fact that another would have came out here to fish also, yet alone a woman who also seemed somewhat well equipped for the task. Enrick looked from his fishing gear as he paused in his prowess, the line and hook in separate hands as silvery eyes shot up to her. The woman introduced herself on the spot, the name Vega reached his ear and sure enough he couldn't help but smile to her. She was redheaded. Already subtle spots of magenta decorated the silvery hues, as he returned the greeting with a nod when before he focused on the hook again. "Hey t'ere Vega, m' name's Enrick." He introduced himself as he threaded the line through his hook, a few inches fed into the loop as he started to knot it.

"Don't have any live bait actually..." He admitted with a furrow in his brows, hopefully the bait he did have would suffice. "Just frozen tadpoles is all." He remarked with a nod to the small canister near the handle of his rod. With a few twists made with the line, Enrick looped the end through the base where the hook was attached, and then from there pulled the rest of the line down to complete the knot. "Any other advice t' offer love? Seems yer the expert on fishin' 'ere so suddenly." He teased with a grin as the magenta darkened to violet next. She actually offered to help him with the effort to ice fish, something he didn't want to outright accept but...

Well company wasn't so bad to have when out in this cold weather, and given the lady had tactfully pointed out the spot... well let's just say she made it seem like Enrick was easy to amuse. "Well admittedly, Oi can't say it's all skill alone Oi rely on. But luck's never been a kinder thing t' have either." He remarked with eyes on her fully now, a hand gestured for her to join him at the hole he had managed to create earlier. "I'd say try t' avoid tanglin' our lines but y' seem t' know what yer doin'." He mused with another heavy smirk as he scooted over for her to find a spot to rest, it did after all help to have their wind at their backs instead of their face.

"To be fair Oi don't like t' fish out in de cold. Least not in this degree, money's tight t'ough so I kind'a need t' make an effort." He murmured with the canister of tadpoles opened, the dirt inside proved to hard and cold to chip away without damaging any of them however. "Aahh shyte..." He sighed with a look down to the water below, admittedly his silvery eyes turned a yellow color when they slowly rose up to Vega. "Ho'kay... Got any fresh bait?" He inquired retrospectively with the realization that he was rather poorly prepared for the season.
word count: 510

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Another Day In Parad-Ice

2nd Cylus, 718
Enrick? Vega grinned and nodded. "Nice to meetya." She grinned and noted his shifting colours in his eyes as she looked at him. Another biqaj? Vega's grin widened slightly, her own eyes swirling different shades as she realised that. So, she settled down next to him and raised an eyebrow, watching him. It made sense that he was biaqaj, she thought, he was tall enough ~ she'd never seen a short biqaj man after all. It was strange, but just seeing those eyes made her feel at home. "Frozen tadpoles? Yummy," her smile was teasing, as she set herself up and got about putting the bait on her hook.

As for advice to offer? Vega looked at the bait she was attaching as she checked her line and shrugged slightly. "Beware obnoxious red'eads off'rin bait?" It seemed like good advice to her. "An' I'm not an expert. I'm jus' related to a lot of 'em. Self proclaimed, so my Papa is. I dunno if it's all right, really. But apparently, ice fishin' is what separates out men from boys." Vega's shoulders lifted once again and she added, apparently seriously. "An' he tells me, it's all in the bait." Which, considering his were frozen tadpoles might not leave him in the best of positions, somewhat.

"I'll try." Vega said, dryly, when he fussed about getting their lines tangled. But he liked to rely on luck? "Silver blood 'as U'frek's luck in it, for sure." But for her, luck wasn't to be relied on. Which left her with the often dubious prospect of relying on her wits; thankfully, these trials, she had a secret weapon when it came to wit. Good job too, she thought with a wry and rather self-denigrating smile. But when he asked for some live bait she motioned with her eyebrow. "Go for it," she said with a half smile. Dropping her own line down, Vega started to feel for the stickies. Apparently, that meant that the floor of the ocean had more fish there, if there was a sticky feeling to the line.

"So, Enrick," Vega said, her eyes on him. "Tell me about yerself?"
word count: 374

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Ricky
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Another Day In Parad-Ice

At her grin and general greeting Enrick reciprocated it with his own warm if not wry smile, a nod given to her as he too returned the mutual feeling of introduction. "Likewise lass." Afterwards when it seemed all he had for 'live bait' was the frozen tadpoles, Vega remarked with the comment 'yummy' and a smile that Enrick knew all too well. It was a form of teasing his fellow fishermen fed him almost every trial, only this time however it seemed to come from a complete stranger. Well... not completely. They did just meet now after all.

"Aye," He remarked to her with narrowed eyes and a natural grin, "Oi reckon them be tasty in their own roi." He then looked to the hole in the ice where they were fishing from, his eyebrows rose as he looked back to Vega with flecks of violet in his eyes. "Oh really?" He inquired when she warned of obnoxious redheads, although the statement itself provided a good short laugh for Enrick to maintain. That and of course being told that ice fishing could tell the men from the boys, already her sharp tongue gave emphasis to the nature this woman carried. A fiery lass just like so many others, Enrick would clearly need to be wary of this one.

"Considerin' Oi dun like it much, Oi must be more boy t'an man." He mused with a lofty smirk shot her way, just as he primed his rod and merely needed the fresh bait he clearly lacked. "Does it?" He inquired when he heard Vega say their silvery blood had U'frek's luck in it. It was a statement that didn't seem real or false to Enrick, as he pretty much never relied on luck or chance when it came to things he knew. Sure enough when she seemed to permit him, Enrick pinched at it a couple of times until he had a reasonable amount in grasp. Just enough to prick on his hook as well as wrap around it, so that the fish would have more than an easy challenge in catching an early supper.

"Me?" He checked with an eyebrow raised to her after he lowered his hook into the water. "Not much t' tell honestly. Grew up a fisherman 'ere, learned most o' what Oi know through light readin' and practice. Never knew me mum and me pa skipped out once Oi was old enough t' fend fer me self." He checked the line and reeled in in just a bit, for the practice of assurance in knowing he'd snag a fish if one decided to bite in a couple of Bits. "Aside from me simple upbringin' though, Oi can only say t'at Oi'm half sea folk an' half uh... Sev'ryn Oi t'ink it's known as." He had a moment of self doubt when he thought more about it, quite sure that his lack of knowledge in the Sev'ryn race would've been apparent.

"What'a bout y' lass?" He turned his attention to her while he watched the rod, determined to spot the movement of the line the moment it would occur. "Anythin' interestin' Oi should know 'bout ya? Aside from te fact yer probably an obnoxious redhead Oi should watch out for?" Enrick asked with a wide smirk, clearly capable of teasing her just as well as she teased him.
word count: 574

Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Another Day In Parad-Ice

2nd Cylus, 718
"Ew," she replied at the thought of frozen tadpoles being tasty. "You enjoy findin' that out." Her expression told of her distaste at the thought of it, but her smile was good natured and when he said that he must be more boy than man, considering he didn't like it she chuckled. "I think that's probably one of them questions where no matter what I say I get into trouble. So, I'll let you be the judge o' that, an' I'll jus' concentrate on my fishin' thing goin' on here." He seemed surprised at the thought of their silver blood bearing U'frek's luck, but maybe he could tell she wasn't a full Biqaj, maybe he'd assumed it by the red hair, she thought and he was pointing out that maybe the luck didn't run in her veins.

Except instead, he said something very different. Vega's face showed her surprise and she beamed a sudden, genuine smile. "Half Sev'ryn?" Vega looked amazed and delighted. "Me too! My Mama, she died in birthin' me, but she was Sev'ryn. My Papa is Biqaj." Vega had never met anyone the same mixed race as her, having met very few mixed race Biqaj, it must be said. "I never knew anythin' about the Sev'ryn neither, my Papa didn't talk about my Mama, because 'is father declared 'im Ej'qy an' chucked him from the clan. An' 'er family turned them away jus' before she birthed me. He blamed them for her dyin'." Vega's eyes swirled colours, shifting and changing as she said it. "I can't blame 'im, but I needed to know, you know?" Her attention seemed almost exclusively on the fishing, the hole in the ice. Just in case it might seem like she had an emotion, she supposed.

Immortals forbid, after all.

With a shrug, she smiled a humourless smile and then turned to look at him. "I used to get seasick. Worlds only seasick Biqaj. But then I went to Desnind, where the Sev'ryn come from an' I found out about my Mama, from her sister." With a slight smile at him she spoke in a quiet, almost thoughtful tone - which was rare as rare could be for Vega. "I can tell you about it, about them if you like? About that bit of us, I spose." She motioned out towards the water. "They're earth to Biqaj water, that's for sure. Live in a forest city, wander round barefoot, all sorts. One with nature, an' we 'ave familiars. You heard of them?" Where she was pointing, though, it turned out was somewhere specific. "That there, that's Moseke's Landin'. The flutterbus leaves from there in the warmer seasons, apparently, an' goes to Desnind." She shrugged, slightly. "I needed to know. Don't know if you feel the same way. But yeah, 'appy to tell you about the place if you've an interest?"
word count: 504

Ricky
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Another Day In Parad-Ice

Though he kept from laughing aloud Enrick couldn't avoid hiding the fact Vega amused him, what with how she liked to banter when he fibbed about the tadpoles. "Can't be too different from caviar Oi'd imagine." He pitched with a shrug as he looked down at the canister, although he really didn't want to entertain that idea much further quite honestly. Hearing Vega go on about how she might find trouble either way, no matter how she answered nonetheless, gave Enrick a credible pause with eyes briefly narrowed when he looked to her.

Sure she had a tongue as sharp as her wit but she certainly didn't have to tone it down any. Quite honestly Enrick enjoyed it when he encountered people that spoke their minds, particularly when they were redheads with fiery attitudes much like her's. Dammit. His eyes probably revealed too much then as the color magenta started to brew, his gaze then shifted back to the rod as he focused more on fishing once again. "Ain't no skin off my back if ya got words lass, s'far as Oi can tell Oi enjoy the idea o' trouble in yer standards." He mused with a soft smirk as he remained focused on his rod, the line felt a couple of times to make sure he wasn't imagining the faint tug he saw.

Just the motions of the water beneath them. Sure enough there are fish lurking down there, likely awaiting their next meal as it dangled plainly for them. Admittedly Enrick's own bum was starting to get a little cold from the ice, and his knees definitely didn't appreciate being crouched for too long. Curses. He clearly wasn't very well experienced when it came to the ice fishing part. When he mentioned that he were only half Sev'ryn though, somehow that statement seemed to catch wind with Vega. She too happened to be of the same heritage he was and while they weren't family, the same type of blood seemed prominent in both of their veins. "No shit?!" He checked with surprise in his tone, by now the color of his eyes were a silvery teal color. "Same sort'a situation also, te fates sure have a sick sense o' humor."

While he could admittedly easily relate to the fact Vega's parents lived the same situation as he did, he couldn't outright admit he shared the same love for his own father. Respect seemed there sure enough but love? That remained questionable the day his father decided to walk out on him. "Damn." He muttered with awe still in his tone. "Least y' still have him 'round in yer life roi?"

When it came to her admitting she got seasick easily he laughed, his smile plain as he started to enjoy the conversation more than the fishing. "Oi was raised t' learn sailin', Pa always said Oi was born on te sea so it explains why Oi'm always drawn t' it." He remarked with a sigh as he started to remember more of his old man. When Vega seemed to mention that she could tell him of the Sev'ryn folk though, he immediately turned to face her more with eyes alight in curiosity. "Yeah, please?!" With a glance over to the isle where the flutterbus was located, he listened to what little she already had to clarify. So it would take him to Desnind come the warmer seasons of the Arc? He always wondered about those but never really investigated before, so now that he knew it provided a better case for exploring at least.

Desnind. He knew very little of the location save for the fact his mother lived there once, and it was also where the Sev'ryn settled as their home really. "Really? Oi'll have t' consider visitin' next season ten." He remarked with intrigue as he rubbed underneath his chin in thought. "Tell me 'bout te Sev'ryn some! Oi know Oi often get weird dreams tat feel almost real t' me, dreams where Oi'm somewhere else Oi've never been where Oi'm swimmin' in some sort'a body o' water." Naturally he couldn't help but wonder if Vega knew what this meant, since it had to be something pertaining to the Sev'ryn side. He really hoped that she might've known something about this, anything which could help him figure it out. It had been a mysterious part of him he never understood, and somehow for the first time he might actually have answers he'd been needing.
word count: 778

Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Another Day In Parad-Ice

2nd Cylus, 718
When he said that he'd enjoy trouble by her definition, she grinned, blushed a little and then guffawed with laughter. She had to admit, she liked this chap and the easy banter that they seemed to have. Maybe it was the half-biqaj nature of him - or the half-sev'ryn as it turned out. As they spoke, more evidence of their similarities raised themselves and Vega grinned. "I've never met anyone who's the same race as me. It's right nice to meet you. Though, I feel less special now," she grinned, adding the last in a teasing manner. Any conversation was cut short for a moment as she felt a bite and she reeled her fish in, slow and careful. "Apparently, an' I don't know why, yer more likely to lose the catch on the pull-up in this kind of fishin'. So Papa warned me." Shrugging slightly, she wasn't entirely sure she believed it, especially when she pulled the fish and grinned. "Not bad."

Not willing to let a creature suffer, she made a quick kill and then put the now-dead fish in the bucket she had for the catch. She'd gut and skin it later, or maybe just scale it, depending on how Arlo wanted to cook it, she thought. Then, she attached some more bait and lowered her line again. With a slight grin at Enrick she gave him a slightly challenging look. "You a'right there? Lookin' a bit uncomfortable. You managin' a'right?" She hadn't moved more than she needed to, her endurance for such being good.

She nodded, "Yeah Papa's great. He's raised me himself, took no help from anyone, an' he taught me what's right an' wrong. To be proud of myself an' make my own choices." The seasickness was gone now, though, she told him and she'd bought half a schooner just a short while ago. "Soon as the weather clears, there's four of us an' we'll make our way. Me, my Papa, my cousin Huw and Arlo. We'll go find a new place, then another." It was the way they worked, and had since they met.

When he talked about the Sev'ryn, though, Vega forgot about the fishing and nodded her head. "Those dreams, they might be yer familiar. Sev'ryn were made by Moseke, an' every Sev'ryn is linked to an older soul. It's part of yours, mine is part of mine. But you've got to find it, an' when it's time for you to, they come to you in dreams, at first. Listen to yer dreams, pay attention. See if there's an animal what recurs." Vega considered and then spoke, her eyes shifting into a swirling range of greens and blues with lilac being a prominent feature.

"Desnind's like nowhere I've ever seen." Her voice was wistful. "It's beautiful. There's all these tall trees, an' they live in them. There's a big forest, a communal area with a big fire pit. They're kind an' they're gentle." She turned her gaze back to Enrick and her grin was wicked. "They're peaceful, you know, an' really in touch with nature. They respect it. Walk around barefoot an' sit round the firepit sharin' stories an' songs. Great respect for the elders, an these glowin' butterflies." She chuckled as she remembered that.

"They're short, too. Most of 'em are dark haired. Right welcomin' so long as you're respectful." She'd met a Naerrik there, she said, who'd been wandering round in the dirt in high heeled shoes and with painted nails. "I don't think she 'ad it as easy as I did. But yeah, it's nice there." Glancing at the flutterbus stop, Vega grinned. "You should. I'm so glad I did. But if you do? Man, do NOT eat in the one an' only Inn. It's Immortals-awful. The chef there is a biqaj an' he discovered salt an' they've never once parted ways, you know?"

Looking at him with an intense gaze, for she fully understood the question she was about to ask. "Do you know, 'ave you got family there still?"
word count: 722

Ricky
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Another Day In Parad-Ice

With how so easily their conversation flowed Enrick could've fully enjoyed himself better, that is if they didn't have the cold to contend with while the both of them fished. While that one factor did kind of distract him a little, Enrick couldn't deny that Vega kept him interested at best. They were in some ways alike in such unusual ways, almost a cut from the same cloth as one would say. "Aye," He agreed with a chuckle, "All t'is time Oi've spent feelin' peculiar and now? Certainly not so strange and isolated as before." Just then movement cut their conversation short as Vega reacted, her reels slow and paced in accordance to the technique her father taught her.

Enrick took great note of that as he watched her closely work, impressed that she appeared to know her fishing stuff. "Good work, yer Pa must be proud." He complimented with a grin as green eyes watched her pull the fish aground. Then came the urge to move a couple of times, just to check and make sure his bum hadn't completely froze off. "Aye Oi'll manage lass, just wasn't as prepared as Oi t'ought." He admitted with a bashful chuckle to follow, his legs brought under to fold beneath him so he didn't sit directly on ice any longer. She proceeded to reminisce on her father a little more, the corner of his lip turned into a bigger grin then.

It always enlightened him to hear how others had good relationships with their parents, something he felt as though he sort of missed out on growing up. "Oh? So yer gonna be off sailin' te waters eh? Not a bad lifestyle to live in my book, Oi've always been drawn t' te water as a wee lad." It was a statement that rang true to his core, as Enrick always felt deeply connected to the waters off shore. He could remember always trailing back to the water, even in dreams that felt like distant memories of his early childhood. She then described to him what his dreams were, after he had mentioned them earlier. Sev'ryn people were linked to some older soul apparently that's out there, waiting for him to seek it out and find it some day. He wanted to that much was certain, but as lucid as the dreams were he hadn't a single clue where to begin.

But apparently he needed to look for some kind of animal, within the next dream he wound up having to pay closer attention to. Enrick never really kept up with their occurrences, just knew to suspect them as they manifested when they wanted. Vega talked of Desnind more and from the sound of it, the place seemed a beautiful and nature filled community in detail. Enrick could easily relate to the words she described the people there, as he would often sometimes be referred to as a gentle soul. Or giant. Guess that's where his Biqaj side came into play, since he was taller than the average folk. "Yeah Oi t'ink Oi already have some o' t'ose quality traits, when it's warm out Oi like walkin' barefoot often." He remarked with a brief chuckle with a look down to his boots. He sort of wished he could be now oddly enough, but the cold wasn't the best place to walk barefoot in.

At the encouragement that he should visit he looked to her once more, his eyes a combination of green and teal hues when directed to her. "Yeah? Oi'll keep t'at in mind!" He mused at the remark of the Biqaj chef, evidently some weren't meant to be wonderful cooks. Yet when he heard the question of family, his gaze then drifted back to his own line steadily. He wanted to be able to say yes outright but in all honesty, the fisherman had no such clue as to what family he had. If anything few of the Scalvoris community were the only ones he could call 'family,' and even then the word lacked the same terminology as Vega's. "Oi've no clue really," He finally managed to say after a moment of silence, "Never been outside Scalvoris t' find out anythin'." It became evident that this had to change for him, that he needed to make the first step himself. The only issue being that the answers were beyond these icy waters, and Enrick's sloop wasn't going anywhere for the remainder of the season.

Finally his own line tugged a little and he almost reacted eagerly, that is had he not remembered how Vega treated her line earlier. Slowly with the crank he reeled in the line, patient with it as the fish beneath the water tugged a few rough times. When the surface of the water hole splashed about some, Enrick leaned forward a little to grip the line with his hand; and then craned the fish from the water into the bucket next to him. "T'ere we go," He enthused softly with a warm glance shot to Vega, "nice tip wit' de reel by te way." With the compliment he firmly held the fish's side in one hand, thumb pressed underneath the mouth to prop it open to remove his hook. "First portion o' dinner t'night." He reckoned after the hook finally slipped out the fish's mouth, another piece of bait grabbed to attach to his hook
word count: 930

Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Another Day In Parad-Ice

2nd Cylus, 718
"The waters, yeah. But the land too. All of it. I wanna see all of it. Mountains, valleys an' oceans," unlike her biqaj family, Vega was not focused entirely on the seas, but rather just on exploring, learning and doing. It was very much who she was, what she did and how she lived her life. For all the similarities between her and Enrick, and she was surprised at how many there were, and how easy he was to talk to, Vega couldn't do what he did. To live, all his life, in one place? It was a complete anathema to Vega and she could honestly say that she simply didn't understand it, either what he did or how he could do it. But then, it wasn't hers to judge, there were lots of folks who lived their lives in houses and farms, but it wasn't the life for her, that she knew.

He didn't know if there were any family in Desnind? Vega nodded. "I had a name. My aunt. She's still there, I write to her. She's good people, though she'll be tryin' to set you up with a 'nice Sev'ryn girl' in a heartbeat." Also, she entirely did not approve of Arlo. Not because she didn't like him, she didn't know him, but he was a human and only a Sev'ryn would do. Vega hadn't said anything to Arlo, there was no point. "I'll give you 'er name, and when I write her next, I'll tell 'er yer comin'. she'll help you." The slightest quirk of her brow told the truth of her next words, "an' when she finds out that you're 'alf Sev'ryn an' alf Biqaj, like me? She might jus' try all the harder. But she'll treat you like fam'ly, so now you've got some there." Vega understood, all too well, that feeling of fear, of isolation and the worry that you'd just never fit anywhere. "Also, there's a library. The librarian, he's older than dust, but he's real helpful, an' he has records of people what've been there. So yeah."

With a grin, she nodded to the catch he made. "Good work." Glancing over to the town itself, she smiled a sudden bright smile. "So, I've gotta go, my fella an' I are goin' out to-trial. It was right nice to meet you, Enrick, an' I hope you find what yer lookin' for." That said, she stuck out her hand to shake and would start to clear up her stuff, doing so efficiently. "Ibiti sarkin, Enrick. That means 'good trial' in the Sev'ryn language. So now, you know a bit o'that too." She grinned, waved and sauntered off.
word count: 477

Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”