• Event • At the base of the brightest lighthouse

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Aegis, Pegasus


• Event • At the base of the brightest lighthouse

Postby Pegasus » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:16 pm

Image

Image



30th Cylus 718

The snow was heavy over Scalvoris Town, large, fluffy clumps were steadily piling up through the streets and in the alleyways. The sky was dark, completely blanketed beneath the cover of clouds that looked to hold seasons of snow and, already, the light of the sun had not been seen for a ten-trial. The shops kept lanterns lit out in front of them, and several animals had been brought through town to help clear the roads yet still, the snow was somewhere between ankle and knee depths. At the very least, the wind was feeling a bit generous today, taking it easy after the hail storm it had whipped up two trials gone. The remnants of what was becoming known as the "ScalvStorm" were evident everywhere, yet the people here shared something with the people of Almund, of Havardr and Gunvorton. Scalvorian. Resiliant. Stubborn. Survivors.

Tonight, though none of them knew it, and for the nights to come, it would serve them in good stead.

Among all of this snow and ice and darkness, one particular spot in town was showing to be warmer. At the harbor, locals were busy releasing floating lanterns into the waters, thankful that the waters had not yet completely frozen. It was a quiet, somber ceremony. But it was not the only one going on. At the far end of the docks, next to a deep red-brown colored barque with purple sails, was a louder affair, accompanied by the sounds of song, cheers, and chatter.

The ship named the Mauve Maiden had arrived this morning. It was a merchant vessel, having traveled along many ports only to be forced to seek safe harbor here to ride out the rest of the cold harbor here. Their captain was a Naerikk, Lioveh, dark of skin, fierce of gaze, a white tri-corner hat upon her head. She sat upon the gangplank of her ship watching over the festivities. The merchants, through some negotiation both with the harbormaster and a member of the Council, had reached an agreement that a small party could serve as their tax and pay for safe harbor.

So the merchants had spent much of the trial, deciding which of their wares to keep, and which to pay to the party. Tents were erected, barrels and crates unloaded, and many small bonfires and torches set all around the northeast side of the docks in a sprawling area covering a lot of square footage. In a space which would fit a number of their large ships, the merchants were giving out everything from warmed mulled wine from Rynmere to Desnind spice tea and a melted drink of chocolate, honey, and a hint of rum that a merchant named after himself as Lars' Liqcour. Food was purchased from the city, and given out, meatpies, meat on a stick, fish and chips, the staples of such a town. The place was busy and buzzing, shouts of greeting from old friends and new acquaintances made.

And while the merchants were giving all of this up in lieu of tax and tariff, there were still opportunities for them to make money. A pleasure tent, where the men and women who walked in somewhat dubiously, then stumbled out swearing it had been worth every nel got more and more busy as the night wore on, a teller of fortunes who sat and stared around ~ a mixed race woman with one eye bright blue and the other almost solid black, dressed in traditional gypsy garb and with the ability, it seemed, to sell ice to the Videnese. There were a smattering of other crew members about, mostly sailors and humans, with a lithe and tightly-clad biqaj woman who kept her name to herself in a manner many found mysterious, in a pleasing way. Her flirtatious ways left a lot of people hopeful, but no one satisfied.

Yet.

And the alcohol flowed, the music was played by the various bards that showed up, as only bards can do whenever a party is lacking in music. And as the party began to come to an end, as people started to get tired, as the reserves began to dry up, the biqaj woman brought out a tray of food. Small delicacies, tiny pastries and some of the most delicate and intricate chocolates ~ so loved by the children of U'frek.

At the time that the individuals involved, that fated night, found themselves in the area where the biqaj woman emerged with that tray, the sound of the party getting revived once again had been building for about ten bits. They might be here to collect up sweet treats for their companions, or here because they had stumbled from the tent of pleasure or left the fortune teller unsure if she was excellent or a hoax. But, either way, they were here. Pastries and confections were free and the party was getting once more underway it seemed; ten bits after the Silviria was given out over there, things started to pick up again over here, too, as the edible treats were freely available.

And as it continued into the night, in spite of the snow and cold and dark, the captain sat alone, in the cold, and watching with her intense stare, her mouth a thin line.

OOC Info : 
 ! Pegasus wrote:
This is the Light Side of the event, and as such, I am eagerly awaiting responses from:

Tio Silver
Arlo Creede
Roland Demira
Victor Amielle
Krest
Merces

You get 1 post each, any order is fine. Find a way to put yourselves in the area.

Bonus: Your bonus for this round is one of three resources. You choose which one, and please write it into your post:

1. Something to eat / drink
2. An item of jewelry (low worth)
3. A small item of clothing. (an accessory like gloves, scarf etc)

Please decide what it is (describe it, please) and write it in your post. I will then tell you what effect it has (they each have a different effect) and you will be able to decide when / if you are going to use them.

Buckle up, boys, it's gonna be a blast.

Other stuff! : I'm going to post again on the 10th February. I might post sooner if Aegis AND everyone here has posted.

I will be utilising the "Secret / Hidden Objectives" format and there will be, in some posts, an OOC "task" or "goal" etc. I will differentiate between must do objectives, and can do objectives.

Any questions, please PM me :)
User avatar
Pegasus
Ignoble steed
Storyteller - Rank 3
 
Posts: 4233
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:08 pm
Location: Scalvoris & Rynmere
Race: Prophet
Profession: Telling Stories!
Renown: -665
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Medals: 22
Contributor of the Month (1) Guest on Live Chat! (1) World Developer (1) Artíst (1)
Dungeon Master (1) Mentor (1) Ambassador (1) Supporter (1)
Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1) Pioneer (1) Puppet Master (1)
Lol Worthy (1) Storyteller (1) Holy Tax Accountant (1) Keyboard Monkey (1)
King Kong (1) Vhalar 716 (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1) Winner Idalos Awards 2016 (1)
Crush The Reviews! 717 (1) Crush The Reviews! 15+ (1)

At the base of the brightest lighthouse

Postby Tio Silver » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:58 pm

Image



Who couldn't help but love a festival? Sure the merchants sold their wares at a slightly higher price than they normally would, and sure the copious amounts of alcohol guaranteed there'd be quite a mess to clean up in the morning, but it was worth it for the atmosphere, the almost palpable feeling of joy and excitement that coursed through everyone attending. It was an undeniable truth that living creatures were hard pressed to resist the sensation of rallying behind a common cause together, and really what better cause was there than a party? With so many people willing to work together to have a good time it was difficult not to enjoy yourself.

It was no great mystery then why Tio and his pirate crew had shown up to this festival. Business had left them all with a lot of change in their pockets and a heap of free time, making them exactly the kinds of people parties like this were tailored towards. All through the night so far they'd been firmly among the crowd that drank too much, cheered too loudly, and generally made public disturbances of themselves. But everyone has their limits, and as their bodies grew sore and tired and their heads started to come back down from cloud nine many of Tio’s crew had started to call it a night. One by one they'd trickled off back to their houses, and now the final group was getting ready to depart.

“Are you sure you don't want to come with us captain?” Grace, who'd miraculously managed to stay completely sober throughout the night, asked in her usual formal tone. She was taking it upon herself as quartermaster to make sure that the rest of her completely hammered colleagues got home safely, and was more than a little suspicious as to why Tio, who'd been drinking just as heavily as the rest of them, didn't seem nearly as affected. She didn't know that his Yludih biology couldn't be affected by alcohol, and if he had anything to say about it she never would.

Tio scoffed lightly at her suggestion. “And miss out on the rest of the party? Never! Opportunities like this don't come along often enough. I'm going to make the most of this one while I can.” He replied, a mirthful glint in his right eye. There was probably one in his left eye as well, though it was impossible to tell with the eye-patch covering it. One of his crew had jokingly bought it for him earlier, claiming that all pirate captains were supposed to have either one of them or a peg-leg, and Tio had refused to take it off since. It was a solid black colour with nine white dots arranged in the middle in three rows of three, in a similar style to what you would find on the surface of a dice.

Grace shook her head ever so slightly, the look of a person who was starting to get used to working for an insufferable boss. “Have it your way. Just be sure you’re not still hungover by tomorrow night; we found a buyer for some of our last haul and it's expected of you to be there for the sale, even if I'm the one doing all the work.”

Tio shot her a sharp-toothed grin and a farewell salute as she turned to leave. Sometimes he wondered which of the two of them was really in charge of his crew. “Aye aye ma’am, I'll be there. You stay safe now.”

With that he span around with a flourish and resurveyed the party for something else to do. The fortune teller seemed appealing, but quite honestly he was still a bit shaken by his last encounter with such a person and wasn't sure he'd be able to get through another session without loosing his party buzz. Perhaps something to eat then? He’d need to keep his energy up after all if he was going to get back to dancing.

As if synchronized with his thoughts an alluring biqaj woman appeared with a tray laden with chocolates and pastries. Now how could any hungry and hot-blooded man resist such a sight? Before he knew it Tio’s feet had already made their course, leading him purposefully through the revelling crowd towards the biqaj.
User avatar
Tio Silver
Bad in all the Good Ways
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:04 am
Race: Yludih
Profession: Pirate Captain
Renown: +302
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Letters
Medals: 4
Helper (1) Painting With Words (1) Lol Worthy (1) Event Medal (1)

At the base of the brightest lighthouse

Postby Arlo Creede » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:30 pm

Image
It was nearly impossible to ignore a party, especially one as large and as noisy as this one; particularly when it was going on outside of your own front door. More or less, and so to speak that was. The Wanderlust after all was tied fast in its place among any number of other vessels, and there she would stay for the most of Cylus. Since they'd first purchased and outfitted the schooner, Arlo and Vega had made it their home for the last bit of Zi'da and for all of Cylus to come.

Life aboard the boat, in their shared cabin below decks was a far less miserable way to wait out Cylus's ice storms and blizzards, than holing up instead in a tent on the edge of town, out in the open. Eventually though boredom was bound to take hold of one or both of them, him and Vega, and a party that spanned the width and breadth of the docks was a perfect way to break up the monotony. He and Vega had somehow gotten separated once they'd left the ship. But it was no matter. They both knew their way up and would eventually meet up again.

There was plenty of food and drink, things to see and revelry to go around. And by the time things had begun winding down, Arlo had indulged in quite a lot of it. All of his appetites had been increased of late, in fact he could mark the date when it happened by the night Cassion had blessed him. Oddly though, or maybe because of the nature of it all, there was rarely a price that he paid for what he'd have previously figured was overindulging.

He'd opted out of visiting the fortune teller, but had snagged himself a sweet off the biqaj woman's tray. One could rightly say that Arlo had a thing for biqaj women. But the truth was, only one of them in particular. As it was, at some point he'd dropped a hand into the pocket of his coat for warmth, and finding something odd nestled there, he pulled it back out again keeping hold of a small stone, or jewel, he guessed. Strange that. He hadn't bought anything, but had enjoyed the things that were free of charge instead, and couldn't begin to guess how it had gotten there or where it had come from.
User avatar
Arlo Creede
Approved Character
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:15 pm
Race: Human
Profession: Traveler
Renown: +348
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates
Medals: 12
Peer Reviewer (1) Painting With Words (1) One Arc Later... (1) Living Legend (1)
Hallowed (1) First Love (1) Dreamer (1) Party Animal (1)
Lol Worthy (2) Crush The Reviews! 717 (1) Event Medal (1)

At the base of the brightest lighthouse

Postby Krest » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:54 pm


Walking up from the frozen surf with the swagger of a man intent to make mischief, Krest was excited to take to the land tonight. For trials, he kept himself quite and safe while his fins turned feet. Submerged and still, the only thing he thought about while the changing took over his body was what he was going to do when he walked with the surface-dwellers. Now, seeing that harbor alight with entertainment and hearing sounds of excitement cut through the night wind, Krest knew for sure where he was going. Scalvoris Town seemed to be throwing festival. That sounded the type of party the Krest could crash.

It wasn't long before found himself lost in the mass of sweating, laughing bodies that swarmed the docks. Every kind of vice from gambling to girls was available, and Krest made sure to enjoy each and every one of them. He was a Mer starved of sensation, spending too many of the last trials anchored to sunken vessel he called home. Here, however, he was allowed, encouraged even, to let loose. He danced with girls that wore swirling, patch-work dresses. He ate fine food and drank ale like saltwater, taking to the festivities with frenzied desperation that bordered on the alarming. Krest didn't care though. For him, the land was an escape. Above the water lay a world filled with pleasures. Beautiful men and women, intoxicants of all kinds, and sounds that drowned the body with their wonder. Beneath the waves, however, there were monsters and horrors that defied imagination. His people included. So, he drank and danced and sang baudy songs with surface-dwellers, acutely aware of how long he had until he needed to dive back into the dark waters.

A strange women caught his coal-black eyes, and Krest felt compelled to talk with her. While the rest of Scalvoris was drinking themselves into a collective state of drunkness, she was watching with an amused smirk. As if this was all one grand joke, and only she knew the punchline. Stumbling over to her, Krest let his natural lights flash bright to get her attention. She looked over to him as he did, tilting her head towards the seat across from her like she had been waiting for him to arrive.

"Krest," he started, sticking his hand out as he had seen other surface-dwellers do when they met each other.

"I'm sure you are," she smiled in response, hand resting lightly on her chine instead of meeting his. The Mer hadn't notice before, but her eyes were strange. One blue, pale like ice, and the other as black as the heart of a storm. Her garb looked exotic, different then then the other landwalkers and cut with a motley collection of brightly colored silks. "Need your fortune told sweetie?"

The Mer smiled broadly, shark-like teeth glimmering white in the dull firelight. "Only if you'll take a song for payment." He lowered his hand, not the least offended by her quiet refusal. Much worse had been said and done to him at introductions before, and much worse would likely happen again. His kind wasn't the most well-like of people. Might have had something to do with the constant raiding, pillaging, and general murder that they were so very good at.

"First question is on the house. The night has been dull, so many young concerned people asking about money or love. But you, you don't ask dull questions, do you love? No, for you to take the time to get here, with legs instead of tails mind you, you won't waste your time with silly questions will you?"

Laughing loudly, Krest shook his head 'no'. The women had him pegged in that aspect, he wasn't going to waste time on the surface. Every bit above water was precious to him, a moment he didn't have to spend serving a tribe he wasn't sure he felt loyalty to anymore.

"Alright then, how about this? How can I have the best time tonight?"

The women laughed quietly at this, shaking her head as she did so. She didn't even reach in her pockets to pull out a deck of cards to read, or bone dice to toss. She didn't reach for Krest's hand to read how his life would turn out. She simply laughed, placing her elbow lazily one the table. Her near-black eye sized Krest up and down, and then met the Mer's gaze. "That's not what you really want to ask. Come one, you can do better then that."

Furrowing his brow, he stared curiously at the woman. She was strange, but something about her made him want to keep talking. Keep asking. He opened his mouth to speak, but the woman's finger fell on his lips. She smiled at him again, but this time with a slightly predatory tilt to her lips.
She rubbed her fingers together, indicating that she would need more money. Rolling his eyes, Krest reached into his pouch. The woman had him intrigued, and he would play her game for the time being. Taking out what he thought a fair amount, Krest put three gold nel on the table. Snatching up the coin, the fortune teller reached underneath the table and produced a small, glass vial which held a greenish liquid.

"What is that?"

"This," she shook the vial "is the answer to the question you really want to ask. The question that's been at the back of your mind since you came here: 'How do I forget her, and the pain she makes me feel?'"

Snarling, Krest snatched the vial from the women's hand. Knowingly or not, she had crossed a line that Krest held. He didn't know how she figured that about his past, but he was suddenly very tired of this game. The fortune-teller, on the other hand, held the same amused, if slightly bored, expression she had on her face since arrived. Even as he stomped away from her and towards a biqaj holding sweets tray, Krest could hear the fortune teller's tinkling laughter sound from behind him. The Mer did the best he could to ignore the woman, he wouldn't let his night be ruined by the woman's lucky, if piercing, questions.
User avatar
Krest
Poor, unfortunate soul
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:05 am
Location: Scalvoris
Race: Mer
Profession: Songseeker
Renown: +10
Character Sheet

At the base of the brightest lighthouse

Postby Victor Amielle » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:29 am

Image
Unlike some of his fellow researchers at the Institute of Metaphysics who seemed to consider spending breaks on end in a dimly lit room brooding over ancient, dusty volumes the greatest thing ever and only engaged in physical activities when such was absolutely necessary, Victor did enjoy a good party, alcoholic drinks and the comfort of a warm body every now and then. In fact, he needed all those things in order to balance out the intellectual work that satisfied his mind, but never his body … the rush, the nearly all-encompassing exhaustion that set in after dancing to pulsating music all night long, the light-headedness that came after a few drinks too many and the conversations that touched upon topics that would have no impact on the future of Scalvoris and Idalos as a whole.

He was on his way home from work – he had made a brief detour to pick up a few much-needed items that he had ordered from a local merchant – and stomping through snow so deep that it nearly reached the top of his boots when the sound of music suddenly reached his ears. He stopped for a moment to listen, and then he pulled the hood of his fine, dark wool coat deeper into his face in order to protect it from the falling snow and moved towards the harbour. He had decided that the night was still too young. He did not want to return to his cramped room and go to bed just yet, besides there was nothing better than a few drinks to make the chill that seemed to have invaded every fibre of his body go away.

Some time later he stumbled out of the tent of pleasure where he had enjoyed the company of a most delightful Biqaj with eyes that seemed to shimmer in every color of the rainbow. A silken scarf was draped around his neck. Perhaps the Biqaj had given it to him, perhaps he had acquired it from one of the merchants that had arrived on the Mauve Maiden. His memories were a little hazy in that regard, but not in an entirely bad way.

He felt tired, but at the same time strangely energetic and hungry, and when a woman with a tray full of delicacies appeared, he grabbed a pastry and ate it before he took a look around. He did not want to leave yet, not for a long time. After a few bits he found himself near the captain who sat alone on the gangplank of her ship, watching the festivities. “Why are you not dancing with your crew?” he asked and extended a hand towards her, to help her up if she let him and lead her away. “The night’s too beautiful to spend it here, alone, with your thoughts. Tell me what is bothering you.”
User avatar
Victor Amielle
Approved Character
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:29 am
Location: Scalvoris
Race: Human
Profession: Researcher
Renown: +115
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates
Medals: 2
Party Animal (1) Lol Worthy (1)

At the base of the brightest lighthouse

Postby Mercedes » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:08 am

Image
Cylus brought about an eerie silence as the cold kept majority of the population within the confides of their homes. However, the distant roar of entertainment, and conversation roared through Scalvoris town. Mercenaries needed to know a combination of things to carry out tasks; one of many had been that large gatherings provided job opportunities. The vicinity had been filled with merchants, scattered pirates, and other individuals of various professions. What brought about such a large event in the coldest season of them all? Trials had gone by since Merces left his home for any reason other than to see Max. However, he assumed she did not intend to attend the event alongside him, and elected to leave him behind. The woman was whimsical, curious, and idiosyncratic with her ability to be crafty yet hyper intelligent simultaneously. At any given time she could appear and disappear from a scene unnoticed. She could be the center of attention, and yet another pretty face alongside the crowd.

Black clad in a leather tunic, leather shorts lengthy boots and a single glove on his right hand alongside an extravagant cloak of feathers the sorcerer approached. While he did have every intention to “Work”; stiff alcohol, beautiful women and entertainment were important too. Why make a career out of an occupation one does not enjoy performing every trial? Merces seemed to have a preference for burned carcasses, and the sour scent of booze in the air. While he certainly did not wear attire that could be considered appropriate; a long gaze from a mysterious woman however caught Merces attention.

The sorcerer paced forward, and with each step the sound of his somewhat heavy boots as they collided with the snow echoed. Merces bypassed several large tents, erected barrels of what he assumed to be ale, and another area where men entered and exited with looks of satisfaction caught his eye. Why did this event have what was obviously a brothel in the open? While Scalvoris was an area known to crawl with outlaws, criminals, and pirate crews one would not think the festival-goers would be so bold. The woman much like majority o the others had been a biqaj. Merces had encountered one of them before, and she too had been a pirate.

The young woman displayed obvious signs of flirtatiousness, but she did not move to show the sorcerer affection. When he approached to ask a question she hardly spoke a single word, but much rather as he introduced himself fled his presence. Merces hardly had the opportunity to say the word “Hi” before she escaped him, and left behind what appeared to be a “pocket-watch”. The simple piece of gadgetry however did not tick nor move, nor wind, but was beautiful indeed. The sorcerer went in search of the woman, and found nothing; thus he elected to keep the mysterious item and continue his abrupt journey into the darkness. The scent of food, ale and the appeal of several beautiful woman of various shapes and sizes could keep a man entertained for decades. Merces certainly did not want to miss out on the opportunity to explore without consequence.

User avatar
Mercedes
The Child Of Destiny
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:37 pm
Location: Scalvoris
Race: Human
Profession: Sorcerer
Renown: +145
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Medals: 5
Artíst (1) Painting With Words (1) Bow Chicka Wow Wow (1) Murderer (1)
Survivor (1)

At the base of the brightest lighthouse

Postby Roland Demira » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:57 pm

The hail storm of two trials back still had left bruises and bumps on Roland's body, causing him to walk with a measured and stiffer gait than he normally would. he had done his best to help others out of some reason inside himself that he still couldn't fathom, so when there was the wildfire rumors of a party, he was ready to indulge. It took him no time at all to find a mug with mulled wine from Rynmere. Of course, many believed that everything that came from Rynmere was better because it had a king's blessing on it. Roland was skeptical, considering he considered living in a city with a form of government that was open to votes was always a better idea than monarchy.

He had heard tales outside the fortune teller of her uncanny abilities and it piqued his interest. Ever since he had met the candle seller, he had kept that card in his breast pocket everywhere he went, knowing that it afforded him the presence of mind to know that he was blessed by fortune. He sipped at his mulled wine as he found his way to the tent, listening closely to the tales of those that came out, each stunned by her accuracy and their belief in what she had offered to them. Was she also touched as an oracle, like his candle seller? There was only one way to be sure. Smiling and nodding to those that wandered tent to tent, Roland put on a little show. It was nothing over the top and under direct observatrion, it would be clear.
However, in the chaos of the people going to and fro, it was easy for him to stagger a little and seem to hold on to the side of the gypsy tent for balance.

he was actually feeling for a seam in the tent, looking for it as he he looked up at the dark sky and then to the ship and then to a random passing woman. In each glancing pass, he scanned the tent's heavy fabric for the seam or a tear enough so that he could spy on the gypsy and see what she was capable of. Soon enough, he was successful, though it carried him fully to the rear of the tent. There was a little less activity, save for a couple of lovers enjoying the silence and darkness. "All the merrier", he added to his display as he drank more of the mulled wine and took the seam of the tent in his fist as if to hold on for balance. He cocked his head next to the opening and listened to the fortune teller, trying to decide if she was the real thing. If she wasn't, he hoped that he would at least learn something in the art of persuasion and storytelling.
Image
User avatar
Roland Demira
Approved Character
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:59 am
Location: Scalvoris
Race: Human
Profession: Broker
Renown: +23
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates

At the base of the brightest lighthouse

Postby Pegasus » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:55 pm

Image

Image


30th Cylus 718

The evening drew on and they each found themselves in a slightly different place than they had been.


Tio

Tio was making the most of every moment, his crew having long since given up and called it a night. He, sporting a very dapper (depending on who you asked) eye patch, made his way around. Not the fortune teller, no. He made his way towards the girl and she smiled at him with an alluring smile. "Well, hello sailor," she greeted him. She seemed to be much more friendly to him than she was to almost anyone else and she moved over to speak to him, whispering quietly to him so that only he heard. "Tell me," she more or less purred at him. "Would you like to.. sample my wares?"

Dang, I'm Hawt!! - Secret Achievement Unlocked! ~ As a result of this Secret Achievement being unlocked, Tio has a choice to make. This choice will have a consequence.
Your choice is: Do I Stay or Do I Go? -if Tio stays and spends time with the biqaj woman (and the format of that assignation is up to you!) then Tio may ask her three questions, which you ask me in PM. This may gain you some important information which may, depending on what you ask, benefit the group in terms of information but it will take time.






Arlo

Arlo mingled, looking around the crowd. He snagged some food from the biqaj woman's tray, just before Tio got there and spoke to her. Thanks to his nature, his choices and maybe even his Immortal-mingled blood, Arlo had taken full advantage of what was freely on offer here. Dropping his hand into his pocket, he saw a small stone and wondered what it was. "Oh, that's a gypsy stone, that is. You must be lucky," spoke a voice and it was a woman - one of the crew members. Strangely, there seemed to be more of the female crew over this side of the party, for whatever reason. "Biqaj stories say that gypsy luck stones ward off Chrien's spite and bring good luck." The woman seemed to be human, not biqaj, but knew a lot about it. "They say that crunching it underfoot brings out its power." She took a sip from a small vial in which was a glowing florescent blue liquid. "Want a hit?" She asked, looking at him with an air of slightly amused, like she already thought he wouldn't.

Living it Large! - Secret Achievement Unlocked! ~ As a result of this Secret Achievement being unlocked, Arlo has a choice to make. This choice will have a consequence.
Your choice is: Hit or Miss? - Arlo is being offered an unknown substance - one of many he's been offered tonight, but this one seems to be specifically an unknown drug. If he takes it or refuses it, there will be a consequence to either action, but he does not yet know what that consequence is or who, precisely, it might impact.






Krest

Krest walked on land and his time with the fortune teller was tricky for him, hitting on unknown and secret worries, concerns and unspoken lines. He felt the anger burning up inside him as he walked away yet Krest had seen and heard a lot in his time. His unique situation meant that he had sampled more of almost everything.Whether it was something he had eaten, or drunk, something he had breathed in or simply a trick of the moment, Krest felt the annoyance in him grow, like the emotions he was feeling were just too much, too strong, too bright.

A child, maybe ten arcs old - probably less - touched his hand. "Are you alright?" Her eyes swirled in shades of violet and blue, her pointed ears evident and the silver of her blood glowing slightly in the flickering candlelight. Atop her head she wore a tricorn hat, which was far, far too big for her. She frowned slightly in some concern.

Small Help's Better! - Secret Achievement Unlocked! ~ As a result of this Secret Achievement being unlocked, Krest has a choice to make. This choice will have a consequence.
Your choice is: NPC Based - Krest's reaction to the NPC will bring about a consequence.






Victor

Victor had spent some time in the pleasure tent and that had left him feeling wonderful. The feeling was like nothing he had ever experienced before and it remained with him even after he had left the tent. In fact, as the action-hero-researcher stumbled through the crowd, his sights on the captain, he might realise that the people were a little blurry and, for all that he felt amazing, his memories of what had gone on in that tent were overwhelming. Washing over him like a wave, images of the biqaj woman he'd bedded flooded his mind and he was more focused on that than on where he was.

Victor moved towards the ship, to speak to the captain, but then the woman in front of him was the captain. He was already there. Like someone had squashed time flat, just for him! He asked her the questions he had to ask and she looked at him and laughed, carrying on with the dancing. Was it even her that he was speaking to? In that moment, he was suddenly not sure, but it didn't matter because he felt good.

Intense in the Tents - Secret Achievement Unlocked! ~ Victor has had sex with a woman who is (or seems to be) physically addictive. Whilst the act itself was incredible and he is left with a residual high, he is also briefly disoriented. By the time the last part of this post finishes, he will start to feel this wearing off and it will leave him with a sense of being emotionally drained.






Merces

Merces had wandered the place, he'd seen a lot of the things and places. He caught sight of a woman who seemed to be calling to him and he walked to her, but she retreated from him before he could do more than begin to greet her. If she was a whore, she was a strange sort of one, it must be said. However she left behind a small trinket. It was, actually, a locket. Inside it there was a portrait of a woman - tiny in size though the locket was, it was incredibly detailed and beautifully engraved. The portrait, too, was exquisite.

Standing there, where the woman had run from, Merces realised that he was at a good vantage point and he was able to see a lot of what was happening. That broader view gained from being slightly higher up meant that he could watch what was going on in the party. He could see a number of things, potentially. But, before things changed, he had limited time.

I Spy With My Little Eye.... - Secret Achievement Unlocked! ~ As a result of this Secret Achievement being unlocked, Merces has a choice to make. This choice will have a consequence.
Your choice is: Is Intelligence Gathering Intelligent? -Merces has the option of gathering extra information on up to two of the IC locations / people identified in this thread. This may gain you some important information, or nothing at all. It may, depending on what or who you watch, benefit the group in terms of information but it will take time. This is entirely your choice, and does not have to be followed up.






Roland

Roland put on quite a show, trying to get to a point where he could listen in to the fortune teller. He found a small hole and he made it larger and then he snuck to the back of the tent, where he could listen. It got his attention, there was no doubt, for the fortune teller he was listening to had a voice which seemed to drag him in and was utterly entrancing. He heard her speaking to a man, saying that he would be listened to, spied upon by his enemies but he should be brave, because little did his enemies know that they, in their turn....

"Money. Now." The first that Roland knew was the knife against his throat. He hadn't heard the man sneak up behind him, but the knife there was unmistakable. Roland had been so focused on the fortune teller that he hadn't detected the man, two men in fact. One holding the knife to his throat and the other divesting him of any and everything which might be of value. Jewelry, coin purse, weapons. Unless, of course, Roland fought back.


It's Rude to Eavesdrop! - Secret Achievement Unlocked! ~ As a result of this Secret Achievement being unlocked, Roland has a combat situation. This will have a consequence.
Roland may: Fight or flight. This is entirely your choice, but there are two of them, they are armed and armoured (he would notice, light, leather armour) and they have the drop on him. If he allows them to, they will grab his coins etc, and run. If he fights, then we'll see how that goes.







Everyone

They each had their situations to deal with, and those probably kept them busy in those few moments. But then, after they had each dealt with their things, they heard a scream pierce the night. It was a woman no doubting and as the men-folk looked around they might realise that there were a lot of people here.

Now, it was a party. That was unsurprising. But a lot. Like, more than there had been previously. Some of them, at the sound of the scream, started to turn and walk back towards the ship. Many of them who did that were men dressed in clothing which identified them as crew - and each of the men-folk who had come to this party this trial had the opportunity to see a man grabbing one of the women by the arm, just a little too roughly, or another one scooping up a young child who didn't seem to want to be scooped up. Or perhaps, just elbowing someone in the crowd out of the way so hard that they fell over.

Not good, not good at all. The scream had come from the direction of the ship and suddenly (was it suddenly? Probably not) there were a lot of people in between each one of our heroes and that area.

Must Do Objectives:
1. ~ Please split your post into two sections. What happens to you individually is a few minutes before the scream.
2. ~ Ensure that you are clear if you choose to "use" your resources, how you will.
3 ~ Be aware that your actions in your next (and every post hereafter) post can gain or lose you resources.
4 ~ Most importantly, remember that what you do will impact the story.



Tio : Tio has the following resources:
AttributeStatus Resources
EnergyNeutralNone
HealthNeutralNone
LuckNeutralNone
ArmourNeutralNone
PerceptionSlight AdvantageEye Patch
Please note: These resources do not give auto-bonuses. They must be used, in thread, by the pc. Some of them will work better in some places than others, so use them wisely.

Arlo : Arlo has the following resources:
AttributeStatus Resources
EnergyNeutralNone
HealthNeutralNone
LuckSlight AdvantageGypsy Stone
ArmourNeutralNone
PerceptionNeutralNone
Please note: These resources do not give auto-bonuses. They must be used, in thread, by the pc. Some of them will work better in some places than others, so use them wisely.

Krest : Krest has the following resources:
AttributeStatus Resources
EnergyNeutralNone
HealthSlight AdvantageVial of Unknown Liquid
LuckNeutralNone
ArmourNeutralNone
PerceptionNeutralNone
Please note: These resources do not give auto-bonuses. They must be used, in thread, by the pc. Some of them will work better in some places than others, so use them wisely.
Please update your ledger to indicate the gold Krest has spent. Thank you!

Victor : Victor has the following resources:
AttributeStatus Resources
EnergyTemporary IncreaseNone
HealthNeutralNone
LuckNeutralNone
Armour Slight AdvantageScarf
PerceptionNeutralNone
Please note: These resources do not give auto-bonuses. They must be used, in thread, by the pc. Some of them will work better in some places than others, so use them wisely.

Merces : Merces has the following resources:
AttributeStatus Resources
EnergyNeutralNone
HealthNeutralNone
LuckNeutralNone
ArmourNeutralNone
PerceptionSlight AdvantageLocket
Please note: These resources do not give auto-bonuses. They must be used, in thread, by the pc. Some of them will work better in some places than others, so use them wisely.
NB: Pocket watches don't exist, I believe, so I've made it a locket

Roland : Roland has the following resources:
AttributeStatus Resources
EnergySlight AdvantageMug of Wine
HealthNeutralNone
LuckNeutralNone
ArmourNeutralNone
PerceptionNeutralNone
Please note: These resources do not give auto-bonuses. They must be used, in thread, by the pc. Some of them will work better in some places than others, so use them wisely.

Group : Group Resources are currently as follows:
AttributeStatus Resources
TimeNeutralNone
CrowdNeutralNone
CohesionNeutralNone
Information NeutralNone

OOC Info : 
 ! Pegasus wrote:
  • You get 1 post each, any order is fine.
  • Please do not control any NPCs in your posts.
BonusYour bonus for this round is either a red stone or a blue stone - please clearly state which one you find and how.
I'm going to post again on the 18th February. I might post sooner if Aegis AND everyone here has posted.

Any questions, please PM me :)
User avatar
Pegasus
Ignoble steed
Storyteller - Rank 3
 
Posts: 4233
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:08 pm
Location: Scalvoris & Rynmere
Race: Prophet
Profession: Telling Stories!
Renown: -665
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Medals: 22
Contributor of the Month (1) Guest on Live Chat! (1) World Developer (1) Artíst (1)
Dungeon Master (1) Mentor (1) Ambassador (1) Supporter (1)
Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1) Pioneer (1) Puppet Master (1)
Lol Worthy (1) Storyteller (1) Holy Tax Accountant (1) Keyboard Monkey (1)
King Kong (1) Vhalar 716 (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1) Winner Idalos Awards 2016 (1)
Crush The Reviews! 717 (1) Crush The Reviews! 15+ (1)

At the base of the brightest lighthouse

Postby Tio Silver » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:17 am

Image



Tio was by no stretch of the imagination a modest person; in fact many would describe him as exactly the opposite. So when the attractive biqaj woman, who'd been giving very few people a second glance throughout the night so far, asked him such a suggestive question as he approached it was no surprise really that it went to his head a little. He'd always known that women loved the pirate look, and here was proof of that! Perhaps this eyepatch of his was some kind of lucky charm?

"Well now, how could I resist?" He purred back, standing intimately close to her and maintaining eye contact as he took a chocolate and popped it into his mouth. It was a delicious treat, smooth and sweet in all the right ways, but despite its quality he didn't think about it too much when something far sweeter was right in front of him. He'd heard about the biqaj's special eyes that changed colour depending on their owners emotions, but had never appreciated before how mesmerizing they could be to watch. What did the shade of clear lilac he was looking at now mean she was feeling? It made him want to tease her emotions a little bit, just so he could get to see the various different shades of beautiful colours.

Tio led the biqaj to a more secluded spot, a small strip of space behind a stall that sold a range of rich crimson stones (one of which he subtly pocketed for himself as he passed), and spent a fair bit of time flirting with her, occasionally asking the odd question to keep the conversation rolling but mainly trying to provoke different amorous reactions from her. It was just as the words started to fade and the light petting began that a shrill scream cut through the night, shattering the mood like broken glass. Reactively Tio's head shot around to try and spot where the noise had come from, which appeared to be over by the ship, but the thick throng of people blocked his view. Damn it, where in the beneath had all these people come from anyway? And what was going on by the ship?!

It was as he was staring at the crowd in the hopes of seeing what was going on behind it that Tio saw something very strange. One of the men whose clothing suggested that they were part of the merchant crew scooped up a little girl as if it was their child and started heading over to the ship. The problem was though that while the man was a biqaj, the little girl had such perfectly human ears that she likely didn't even have a speck of silver blood in her, and so couldn't possibly be his biological daughter! Added to the fact that she seemed very confused and more than a little scared, and the fact that her clothes were entirely inappropriate for a sailor to wear, Tio suddenly had the gut-wrenching feeling that he was watching an attempted kidnapping!

"Hey, you! What do you think you're doing! Get back here!" Tio shouted as he stormed forwards towards the man, all thoughts of frivolity gone from his head. If that foul-born fek really was doing what he thought he was doing then he was about to get a fireball to the face!
User avatar
Tio Silver
Bad in all the Good Ways
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:04 am
Race: Yludih
Profession: Pirate Captain
Renown: +302
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Letters
Medals: 4
Helper (1) Painting With Words (1) Lol Worthy (1) Event Medal (1)

At the base of the brightest lighthouse

Postby Roland Demira » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:10 pm

Enjoying his mulled wine, Roland listened intently to the words of the fortune teller. It was hard to focus, each sentence of the oracle's words seem to buzz and float inside his head. It was a more like a heavenly song than a prophecy. He drank a firm gulp of the wine, its own aroma very strong with cinnamon and citrus.
He felt the buzz as if it left his head and moved down through his torso, arms, legs hands and feet. His whole body was alive with a kind of electricity!
What kind of magic was this prophet capable of?

In just the blink of an eye, the message no longer made much difference. The cool steel against his neck made his eyes widen but then an even greater shock affronted him. Money now?! There was only one reaction that was worthwhile. When he felt the man's hands reaching beneath his coat in such a brutish and rough fashion, it completely pissed Roland off. His thoughts, carried by the oracle's buzz, turned into actions as they appeared. Time seemed to slow as the remnants of the mulled wine and the stout wood of the mug itself were firmly planted into the man's face. Falling to the side with the man as he backed up, he was clear of the blade just long enough to press the bow of his pistol crossbow against the other thug's leg. Without a hesitation, he flicked the leather strap off of the catch and pulled the trigger, firing a bolt at point blank range into the man's thigh.

Not being the world's most coordinated fighter, Roland fell, catching himself a little with his elbow in the hay and mud behind the tents. The buzz moved quickly down into his legs and he was up and off in a bound. He didn't think to look back as he ran into the crowd. "Money now.." he said to himself as he ran through the sea of bodies.

----

Soon a scream was heatrd from inside the ship and Roland wondered if someone had seen the events unfold behind the tent. How could they? had the thug claimed innocence and come out bleeding and pointing? Panic now was readily infused with the buzz of the oracle and Roland quickly ducked behind a stack of crates on the pier. His mind quickly set about to reloading, a bolt being locked into place, the crank spinning with little effort as the next projectile was locked into place. he quickly dared a look over the boxes , slowly realizing that people were running past him and on to the ship.
Mostly more brutish men, but these had women and children as their bounties. reaching down to his waist, he felt relieved to know his money was still safe. Something blue caught his eye as he remained hidden, or at least as hidden as he thought he was. A blue stone, glowing eerily. An extra prize?
Roland snatched it up and pocketed it without examining it too closely. He was sure that the thugs would be on him if he didn't keep moving. Since everyone seemed to be running for the boat, he decided it was as good as anywhere else for the moment. He snapped his safety strap over the catch and grabbed a rope ladder, climbing it up and over, hopefully well out of sight of his pursuers.
Image
User avatar
Roland Demira
Approved Character
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:59 am
Location: Scalvoris
Race: Human
Profession: Broker
Renown: +23
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates

Next

Return to Scalvoris Town