[Sweetwine Woods] Surreal Searches

6th of Zi'da 717

From Tried's Mouth to the mysterious Tower, the waters around Scalvoris and the island itself hold a vast array of secrets, just ripe for discovery. Here are landmarks, jungles, mountains, forests and islands of note.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1739
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Bart's hands on her didn't stop and Vega continued to try and ignore it, desperate to stop anyone hurting Arlo. Creepy disgusting guy with grabby paws, she'd live through, but being shot was often fatal and Vega knew that as much as she was crawling out of her skin right now, they both had to survive. She was pleased, therefore, when he ducked and rolled and the shot from the very-soon-to-be-dead fourth man flew over his head. He shot the fourth man, who fell in a fountain of blood and Tonna started to move towards her, but Adam intercepted. Believing that he might be able to persuade Tonna, Adam looked almost conciliatory and Tonna hesitated.

Which would be, of course, his downfall. Adam knew his men well enough to know that, at this point, it was a choice between Bart and Tonna and he knew who he was choosing. Adam's hand flicked forward and a hidden dagger sprung from his sleeve, flying straight to Tonna's throat. Tonna dropped like a stone and Vega let out a yell as Bart's hand twisted in her hair. "GERROFF!" Arlo knew her well enough to know that Vega was starting to panic, just a little. Bart's hands were insistent, his blood and spit on her skin and the filth he was whispering to her were getting to her. She was too close to be able to do anything, useful, although she was fighting him with every bit of strength she had; headbutts, kicks and punches all landed on him but he didn't seem to be joking when he said he liked it like that.

"ARLO! LOOK OUT!" Adam was turning, but Vega's fear that he was about to target Arlo was short lived as he raised his bow and pointed it at her. "You sure you're fast enough?" Adam said, to Arlo. It was Arlo he was looking at, his focus mostly there, although all it would take was him loosing the arrow and she'd be skewered, Vega reckoned. "Oh, nuts," was Vega's response and, without warning to anyone, although she thought Arlo would recognise the 'oh nuts' as meaning 'oh, nuts, I'm going to do something'. Hopefully. Maybe. Either way, she continued for a brief trill to struggle, trying to pull herself away from Bart and then, suddenly, she changed tactic entirely and pushed backwards, putting all her strength into it. Now, she knew she wasn't strong enough to break free, Bart was as strong as he was unattractive, but he wasn't expecting momentum in that direction and he stumbled, backwards, the pair of them tumbling to the ground.

This left Arlo to dispatch with Adam. Vega was already reaching to grab the knife in her boot as she fell and rolled. All the wind was knocked out of her by the force of the landing, but she pulled the blade and buried it in Bart's throat. He looked at her, hurt and surprise on his face, but Vega turned to see what was going on with Arlo and Adam, ready to jump in if needs be.
word count: 534

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Arlo Creede
Approved Character
Profession: Cassion's Champion
Renown: 820
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Arlo was up on his knees by the time the man he'd shot through the throat hit the ground. But time then stood still for a trill when Tonna moved to intervene, and it appeared that Adam might be having second thoughts. Tonna might have been mad, but at least there was a trace of honor behind it. Something redeemable. But not so much for the other man who ran him through.

And in a blink Arlo was up on his feet again, grabbing the sword that he'd dropped just a half bit before. He'd have lunged towards Adam then and there, if the man hadn't been faster with a bow aimed straight the middle of Vega's chest. He rolled the hilt of his sword in his hand, having seen the expression on Vega's face, and hoped his fidgeting would keep Adam's attention off her. It seemed to, if only long enough for Vega to act. As soon as she did, the scuffle caught Adam's attention and he swiveled his gaze away from Arlo.

That lapse was what Arlo was waiting for, and without hesitating, he stepped forward, raised his sword and swung. Adam chose that moment to pivot back round, too late to stop the momentum, too late to blow, and Arlo's blade sliced right through his middle section, deep and wide, opening the man right up as he collapsed on the ground. When Arlo stepped back, winded, his eyes shot to Vega, just getting up from the ground. He rushed to her, taking her by the shoulders so he could look her over. "You alright? Are you injured?"

word count: 279
Vega
Approved Character
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1739
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Having buried her knife in Bart's throat, she turned to look at Arlo and saw that he was fine. Adam was dying or dead, she didn't know and, by the time Arlo got to her, Vega was kicking Bart. Hard. "You disgustin', filthy, 'orrible little man!" Every syllable was accented with a hard kick, which didn't make his demise any more graceful or peaceful. Vega really didn't seem to mind. "I wish I could resurrect you so I could kill you again you SLIME BALL!" The last was a particularly heavy stamp on Bart's groin and then she turned to Arlo, looking like she might kill him too, but that passed as soon as she recognised who it was and Vega hugged him, fiercely.

"No, no I'm not a'right. I've got pervert blood all over me, an' 'is spittle in my 'air and I can still feel 'is 'ands," glaring balefully at Bart, Vega was obviously considering descending into another round of kicking, but decided against it, hugging Arlo again instead. "Are you? Let me see, 'e got you, oh, never mind me an' my bloody pervert, 'e'll still be dead later. Let me see."

Reaching into his backpack, she grabbed his chicken peg leg and put it in his hand. "'old that an' don't argue with me. I'm not in the mood." She was upset, shaken by what had just happened and she channeled it into bossy and irritable. It probably wasn't a new situation for him. "You shouldn't 'ave said you'd fight 'im, you know. You shouldn't 'a done that. I don't need you fightin' for me. If you got 'urt, I'd never forgive myself, I wouldn't, an' I'm better with a bloody sword than you are," it was a monologue grumble and so it continued as she pulled off what of his clothing she needed to, pulled up what she could.

"I dun't like this. It's oozin' through. Look. He's cut you. What did you waste yer money on armour for if yer gonna let 'im cut you?" She grabbed what she needed from the medical bag. "I'm gonna clean this out, alrigh'? It's gonna sting, an' I'm sorry about that, but it's your own fault." She looked up at him and then, suddenly, stood and kissed him, fiercely and with all the emotions she was feeling. Then she rested her head against his, their noses touching and she whispered to him, her voice trembling. "I was jus' scared is all. Ignore me. Thank you. Really, thank you." Then, she knelt back down and got on with cleaning out his wound and applying some dressings and a salve. "I don't care 'ow cold it is, I'm gonna get in the river an' wash every trace of pervert off me, as soon as we get back to camp. Why do there 'ave to be men like that in the world, it was 'orrible." The application of the salve stung, there was no doubt and her skill level wasn't high, but she did her best and at least it wasn't so deep that it needed stitches.

"We should collect up their stuff, an' up yours Bart, I like the turtle shell thing." She picked it up defiantly, but wouldn't look at the man in question. Nor was she prepared to wait around and collect more than their swords, bows and arrows, anything like that. Those were sellable, after all, but she wasn't divesting them of armour. No, she wanted out of here and as quickly as they could.
word count: 621

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Arlo Creede
Approved Character
Profession: Cassion's Champion
Renown: 820
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Ordinarily Arlo would have said that kicking and stomping an already dead or dying man wasn't especially good form. Except that if he had decided to say it, she might just kick and stomp on him too. The look in Vega's eyes, that wild eyed look, implied as much when she turned round to face him. Besides, after what that man had done to her, what more he'd intended to do to her had he gotten the opportunity, suffice to say he deserved every footprint she left behind.

"I'm fine, just fine," he told her and wrapped his arms round her to hold her tight. If she hadn't killed the bastard, Arlo would have after disemboweling him first. "It's nothing," Arlo insisted when she pushed the wooden trinket into his hands and insisted on looking at the nick he'd gotten in the scuffle. "It's just a scratch Vega, that's all." He'd done alright though, he'd argued when she, from Arlo's perspective, critiqued his sword skills. True enough she was more practiced at handling a blade. But footwork, flexibility and surprises were things that tended to serve him well. "And of course I did it. What else would I do? You'd have done the same were the roles reversed," he pointed out.

He'd rather she'd just leave the injury till they got back to camp. But he knew better than to argue. She had a point about the armor and he winced as she rolled back layers of his clothing. "It didn't cut through the armor, he managed to slide the point between the places where the pieces meet. Dumb luck." Arlo would be making sure no one got that lucky again by purchasing chain mail to pair with his leather armor. He'd have said that, except..."Ow! Aelig's nuts Vega, that hurts!" he complained and tried to twist away to very little avail. Don't thank him though, Arlo told her. All that mattered was that she was alright. They both were.

When they got back to camp he'd haul the washtub out of the back of the wagon, fill it with water for her pack some bags of orange sand around and underneath it. Surely that would warm the water up a little if he threw a tarp over the top to hold the heat in till she was ready. Whichever the case they'd need to get back first. Arlo didn't want to bother with the men's armor either, or going through their pockets for nels. At the least though before they headed out, he'd collect what swords and bows there were. He didn't want them for himself. But surely Vega was right and they could sell them.

word count: 473
Kali'rial
Approved Character
Race: Sev'ryn
Profession: Hunter for Cally's (Expert)
Renown: 167
Character Sheet
Partner
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Overview

Ahhh, Sweetwine has a new location!!! I LOVE THOSE TURTLES!!!!!! I adore this so much. Aha...we have met "A Nutter". Love Vega's way of talking. You win the award of using the word Numpty too. :D I really dig the way Arlo play's off Vega's slightly crazy 'tude. Both these crazy kids are peas in a pod. Nice work team.
Vega

XP: 15/15

Loot/Fame/Injuries/Overstepping

+1 Turtle Emerald, + 5 Killed 1 x bandit

Knowledge

Discipline: Not crying out when it will distract others
Discipline: Ignore unwanted hands on you to ensure that you deal with the more imminent danger
Endurance: Hair pulling really hurts
Fieldcraft: Turtle Emeralds
Medicine: Identifying the cause of liquid oozing
Medicine: Find where the blood is coming rom
Medicine: Clean the wound
Medicine: Keep the patient warm if possible
Medicine: Ensure that a wound is covered
Medicine: Work as fast as possible to prevent infection
Strength: Use someone else's momentum with your strength
Strength: Struggling isn't effective if they're stronger

Non-Skill:
Brotherhood of the Pierced Eye: Bunch of fanatics in Ol'Tucks Run
Arlo

XP: 15/15

Loot/Fame/Injuries/Overstepping

+4 longswords, +2 bows, Cut to the side (7 trials to fully heal, bruising lingers for a further 5 trials), +3 for stepping up and fighting for Vega. + 2 for giving Tonna chance to yield. +10 Killed 2 x bandits - Total Fame +15

Knowledge

Acrobatics: Adding momentum to a dodge
Blades: Sword: Squaring off against your opponent
Blades: Sword: Weapon quality makes a real difference
Blades: Sword: Watch your opponent
Blades: Sword: Sway to the side to avoid a blow
Blades: Sword: Turn your blade to turn a defense into an attack
Blades: Sword: Defend and counter attack
Blades: Sword: Swing your blade and body together
Blades: Sword: Use your blade as a distraction
Blades: Sword: Slice across the gut
Endurance: Sleepless nights
Ranged Weapon: Bow: Determining vulnerable spots in armour

Non-Skill:
Brotherhood of the Pierced Eye: Bunch of fanatics in Ol'Tucks Run
Please make sure your review request is marked as complete and put my review stamp on it!

Your review request is: here

Review stamp:

Code: Select all

[center][img]/gallery/image.php?album_id=39&image_id=10125[/img][/center]
[/align]
word count: 395
Common | Xanthean
[album]10861[/album]
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Surrounding Waters & Landmarks”