[Tom's Group] Bad News Bunnys Travel Fast

Amaris, Devin, Hookor, Mercedes, Kura

From Tried's Mouth to the mysterious Tower, the waters around Scalvoris and the island itself hold a vast array of secrets, just ripe for discovery. Here are landmarks and small villages of note, dotted in and around the island itself.

Moderators: Pegasus, Aegis


[Tom's Group] Bad News Bunnys Travel Fast

Postby Pegasus » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:41 pm

Image

Image

85th Ashan, 718

Getting this lot organised was going to be akin to teaching a bunch of feral cats to swim in a synchronised fashion, Tom thought as he beamed in delight at them. "Righteo, then! Let's work this out." They didn't seem chatty, had to be said, and there might even be some bad feeling going on with them. Still, he looked at his colleagues, Ben and Jim and decided that he'd just do what he needed to do and make the decisions based on.. well, based on what was what and who seemed to express a preference.

It didn't take him long. He had a quick mind and was able to work it all out fairly easily. So, he glanced around and then nodded, his brain ticking over and then he spoke again. "Alright then.Three groups, as I said. In this group here with me, we are going to the Western side and I'm taking Amaris, Devin, Hookor, Mercedes and Kura." He nodded to them and motioned for them to go and stand together.

"Then, the central group, that's with Ben here, and is Ela, Rynata, Tio and Max." Again, he gestured, this time for Ben and his group to go over.. there. "Which just leaves Jim, off to the East and he's got Rowan, Genuvah, Sephira and Lavana." He nodded then and smiled. "Tally ho, on we go and let's sort this out. Thank you."

And so, they were put into groups.


"And so!" Tom said, with a smile. "You all are mine. That is excellent news! I am sure that we will spend our time very wisely and make our way most productively. So, team!" Tom seemed quite the chipper sort, looking around at them. "The strangest story I heard about this place was that there was a thing called the Bad Bunny which apparently was a mascot of the Pirate Lords. It was left behind when they exited and is to blame. But I say there is a reasonable, scientific explanation for this and we will be the team which finds it!" It seemed that Tom was the competitive sort, but he had clear directions for them. "We will collect samples of anything unusual. Safe process will be used to do so and you are welcome to take samples of your own if you wish. If we find ourselves in combat, well I have.. very little skill with a bow." He seemed to be rather exaggerating even when he used those words.




Once all the issues were cleared up, any questions answered etc, they set out. This group were making their way through the woods along the Western side of the river and they started off. It was a beautiful place, Sweetwine, and there were lots of plants and fungus they could pick if they chose to. Of course, especially common was the Sweetwine Vine the place was named after. They walked, Tom chatted to them but not overly. He didn't seem to be a complete novice at being here, and he was well equipped, so maybe he had some survivalist skills.

They had been travelling for maybe a break and a half when they entered a small clearing. Up until this point, things had been perfectly normal and they would be forgiven for thinking that there was nothing at all different about the place. However, as the trees around them opened up and revealed the small area of green, there in it were some rabbits.

Now, that in and of itself was not unusual. What was unusual, however, was the size (small pony) and colour (just about every colour of the rainbow) of these rabbits. Also, the fact that they were hopping about, milling around and did not all scatter at the sight of the people. A few of them looked over at the group, but not a one of them ran.


Consequences this round:

Achievement: Not like when I were a wee thing! Unlocked: All pcs shared a story of their childhood and this will award them extra loot at the end!
Achievement: The moment it started, I knew it was trouble! Unlocked: All pcs explained how they got here and this will award them extra loot at the end!


Consequences:Negative Hookor did not choose Good, Better or Best (Must-Do Objective 4). He has earned the wrath of the Bad News Bunny and will infer a negative consequence at the end of the thread.


Consequences: Positive:
  • Devin and Mercedes chose 100% in agreement with the Popularity Bunny in Must-Do Objective 4. They have earned the pleasure of the Good News Bunny and will reap a positive consequence at the end of the thread.
  • Amaris, Devin, Mercedes and Kura completed all objectives, they will earn two positive consequences from the Good News Bunny.
  • Hookor completed both can-do objectives and will earn a positive consequence from the Good News Bunny.


Consequence: Unknown: Kura chose 100% the opposite of the Popularity Bunny in Must-Do Objective 4. She has earned the amusement of the Good News Bunny who will give her a special reward at the end of the thread.




Map : Map of Sweetwine Woods
NPC : 
Tom
Race: Human
Most obvious attribute: Intellect
Works at the University
Quite competitive
Some fieldcraft knowledge.
Has a "little bit of skill" with a bow (but doesn't seem to know much)
OOC Info : 
 ! Pegasus wrote:
This thread is now CLOSED
 ! The Rules wrote:
The rules for this thread are as follows:
  • I will post once a week, on Sunday. If you all post sooner, I might do the same, and then you'll have another week. I will post again on the 22nd April 2018
  • There is no posting order throughout this thread.
  • This thread has objectives (both stated and hidden) and Achievements. These will impact the thread itself and the consequences at the end.
  • One post each between mod posts.
  • Do not control the NPCs (that includes the Uber-Buns)
  • If you've got any questions, PM me.
  • We're going on the old "three strikes and you're out" school of thought.
 ! Points to Note wrote:
This is a potentially high risk thread. Your pc might be maimed, scarred, psychologically damaged, forced into strange and weird situations, killed or even forced to stop and take a long, hard look at their lives.
This thread will have an impact on all of Scalvoris.
No animals, trees or imaginary friends were harmed in the creation of this thread.
These groups are now set. No moving, changing, slipping around, etc.
This thread structure and objectives, achievements etc are following a way of modding which was done by a very good friend, Straylor. All credit to him for the ideas.
Objectives : 
 ! Must Do Objectives This Round! wrote:
1. Your next post must be no more than 500 words (word count at the end please?)
2.Include a single item you see which seems out of place. Reward for the best one / most integrated in (not just "Oh, look, a hairbrush"). This item must be PURPLE
3.Suggest a use another group member may have for your item in Objective 2.
 ! Can Do Objectives This Round! wrote:
1. Start every sentence in your post with a vowel to unlock an achievement!
2. Ask a PC or NPC a painfully personal question and then share your character's own answer to that question IC.
Please note: these are optional objectives. You can do one, both or none of the above.
User avatar
Pegasus
Ignoble steed
Storyteller - Rank 3
 
Posts: 4047
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:08 pm
Location: Scalvoris
Race: Prophet
Profession: Telling Stories!
Renown: -665
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Medals: 22
Contributor of the Month (1) Guest on Live Chat! (1) World Developer (1) Artíst (1)
Dungeon Master (1) Mentor (1) Ambassador (1) Supporter (1)
Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1) Pioneer (1) Puppet Master (1)
Lol Worthy (1) Storyteller (1) Holy Tax Accountant (1) Keyboard Monkey (1)
King Kong (1) Vhalar 716 (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1) Winner Idalos Awards 2016 (1)
Crush The Reviews! 717 (1) Crush The Reviews! 15+ (1)

[Tom's Group] Bad News Bunnys Travel Fast

Postby Hookor Crook » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:02 pm

Image
On that note, they seemed to have their groups. Amaris was the first name that Hookor heard. A woman with skin color close to that of his father's, and a seemingly quiet disposition. A young man named Devin Thorne, who called himself a naturalist, was also in their group. Interesting last, name, at least to Hookor. One of her father's assistants had that same last name. Oh, but the highlight of the group, at least in terms of interest to Hookor, was the fellow with sweaty looking skin, and eyes that seemed to almost be aflame. It was Mercedes, that Tom called him. Unusual, and odd...for sure. And finally was the one Tom called Kura. A skin color near alabaster in color, as if the blood had been drained from it.

All of them walked, following Tom along the river.

One, two, three, four.


Anxious, due to the newness of his companions, and the foreboding nature of their journey, Hookor began to count again. Until they reached their destination, he would count to keep his nerves calm.

And then, finally, they were there.

"Oh my", Hookor said, caught off guard by the giant rabbits. Each one a different color, and large enough to terrify Tom's pet dog, if he had one. And there, just off to the side of the bunnies...EGGS. Each a different color as well. Onyx, Topaz, Emerald, Ruby, all the colors one could think of. Ever the inquisitive, Hookor moved to reach down and grab a PURPLE one.

"I bet this would do wonders for your skin"
, Hookor said to Mercedes, suggesting the egg inside would be great for his complexion. I think that might have been rude, Hookor thought to himself with self scolding.


"I am sorry, I should be more sensitive. I can totally relate to issues of the outer appearance", Crook said in apology. "I have always seen my unusual complexion as an asset, but sometimes the comments are PAINFUL. Does it bother you?"

Each passing moment made Hookor more and more uncomfortable as he looked away from the man he may have insulted, and focused on the odd bunny rabbits in front of him.


(361 words)
Image
User avatar
Hookor Crook
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:19 pm
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 0

[Tom's Group] Bad News Bunnys Travel Fast

Postby Mercedes » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:36 pm

Image
As the instructions were given clearly; Mercedes realized he had been parted from the side of his beloved yet again. Every single decision he made seemed to carry with it a consequence, and he cared not whether it would be for better or for worse. All that Mercedes wanted was to get back to Max, and carry on with the task at hand. Unexpectedly, Tom gave them all permission to collect samples as they pleased. Interestingly enough the mission had several more advantages than it had disadvantages. After all they had the opportunity to gather data on their own accord.

Opportunity arose, and Mercedes watched as the man who lacked skill with a bow had an affinity for the woodland. Although he had been no skilled combatant; Mercedes had not been concerned about battle. All of his concern had been directed toward exactly what the fuck the party had laid eyes upon. Idiosyncratic rabbits of various shapes, sizes and colors that were far larger than average stood before them. Unfortunately, none of the obviously mutated creatures made an escape; indicative of them having a reason not to be afraid. Actions performed by these strange rabbits suggested that they were far more powerful than they lead on to be.

Although Mercedes considered himself to be the most powerful one in the party, he did not have the will to attack these creatures. Obviously, they had a reason not to run nor fear the men and women before them. Unfortunately, Mercedes did not want to be the first man to find out anything in regards to their power levels. As the sorcerer made an attempt to find a logical explanation; something illogical had been spotted out of the corner of his eye. Obviously, the party were in the woods out in the middle of nowhere. Anyone who actually allowed anything abnormal and allowed avoided it was a fool. As for Mercedes, when he saw the strange purple staff as it laid on the ground before him; he picked it up. After he grasped hold of it; he noticed a strange feeling while it was held in his left hand.

“Interesting, someone must have dropped this as they passed through here, but if they did not I suppose it belongs to me. Obviously if someone left it here they did not want it, anyone want a beating stick?”, Mercedes spoke aloud. Ignoring the words spoken by hookor, as they would have typically resulted in an attack.Until he asked a strange and incredibly personal question. Answering that question was simple, but Mercy had a habit of being excessive.

“After I answer that question about my skin complexion will I kill you now or later? Anyway, I have no qualms with comments from others. Usually I burn off their faces before hand, and do you like looking twice your age?", the Sorcerer beckoned.

Off Topic
Word count: 478
User avatar
Mercedes
The Child Of Destiny
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:37 pm
Location: Scalvoris
Race: Human
Profession: Sorcerer
Renown: +110
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Medals: 5
Artíst (1) Painting With Words (1) Bow Chicka Wow Wow (1) Murderer (1)
Survivor (1)

[Tom's Group] Bad News Bunnys Travel Fast

Postby Amaris » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:58 pm

Image
- common / murnasian

Amaris was not displeased with finding that they would not be in the same group as Rowan. Observing his reaction to things was a bit of a treat, but they supposed they could do with watching those who were more city-inclined. Attention turned to their companions, they noted knowing a few of them. Each face they decided they might need to commit to memory in the case they should run into them later. At least one face in particular wasn’t among the group, for which they were relieved.

It was as they were walking along the river after Tom that they spotted it. A comb, purple in color and far too ornate to be in a place like this. A trill passed before they made a come to collect it, turning it over in their hands. Its owner must be missing it sorely, they supposed, and maybe they could have someone hand it back to them. Unfortunately, the endeavor would likely not be easy, but they might be able to get it to work out. Appraising the comb once more, they approached Kura. “I don’t think I have much use for something this decorative, but perhaps this could be a gift for someone,” they suggested, holding the comb out with a smile before moving on.

Amaris stopped short at the sight of the pony-sized bunnies. It was...certainly a sight they weren’t expecting. A mix of excitement and wonder lighted their eyes before it was gone at another spectacle. Already an altercation, and they hadn’t even gotten that far into this expedition. Approaching the two behind it - one who’d been pointed as Hookor and another as Mercedes - they frowned. “I hope there isn’t a problem here; we have enough of those already. Or is this one of those genital measuring competitions they say people are prone to?”

Off Topic
307!
User avatar
Amaris
Sweet Summer Child of Scalvoris
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:18 pm
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Councilor of Natural Affairs
Renown: +115
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Medals: 1
Helper (1)

[Tom's Group] Bad News Bunnys Travel Fast

Postby Devin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:46 am

As Devin looked around to see who was in his group, he couldn’t help but shake his head. Apparently, he was the only one apart from Tom and Amaris who had any sort of credentials, even if his were all fake. It didn’t bode well for their success. On the other hand, his companions’ relative incompetence would make it easier for him to deceive them all. A smile appeared on his face as he thought of all the riches he would return home with.

“If there’s a Bad Bunny, is there also a Good Bunny?” he wanted to know as Tom told his story that he found strange to say the least. A bunny mascot seemed out of character for a bunch of mighty pirates, but if it really did exist, he’d find it. If its previous owners were still alive, they would reward him handsomely for its return, and the islanders would celebrate him as a hero because he’d saved them!

Amaris and the others barely looked at the strange plants around them even though some of them could likely be turned into fine drugs or medicine. As a false naturalist Devin didn’t understand that, and thus he grabbed a bunch of interesting looking leaves (Sweetwine leaves, although he didn’t know their name) and stuffed them into one of the containers at his belt. If he collected samples of the local flora, he realized, it would also make his disguise much more believable. It would have disastrous consequences if he were found out!

About a break and a half later they found themselves in a clearing that was full of gigantic colorful rabbits. “I wonder”, he mused. “If they can be tamed and turned into riding animals. Amaris, do you happen to have a carrot or something similar? I’d like to try something!” he said and extended a hand, but it was just then that something else caught his attention, and he promptly forgot all about his bunny taming plans. A piece of purple fabric hung on a nearby bush. As he walked over to it and grabbed it, he realized that it was a hooded robe.

“Apparently whoever lost all those other things also lost their robe”, he remarked. “Or maybe they put their stuff here on purpose because they are a nudist and want to run around naked in the forest. Amaris, you could use it to disguise yourself”, he suggested because they had a pretty recognizable face. As he looked up at them, he realized that the robe might be too small for them though and their face was not their only problem. “Or maybe not”, he amended. “I wonder, who of your parents was the giant – your father or your mother? I don’t mean to offend you”, he added because he didn’t want to alienate his companions just yet. “I’ve just never seen somebody that tall. I think my mother is half your height!”

(489 words)
User avatar
Devin
Approved Character
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:25 am
Race: Human
Profession: Thief
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates

[Tom's Group] Bad News Bunnys Travel Fast

Postby Kura Wolfsdotter » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:00 pm

Image
As soon as they had their groups assigned, they were off. After nodding a greeting to Amaris, Kura checked her quiver to make sure it was it was secure, then followed the rest of the group into the woods. As for the theory that a rabbit was causing everything, Kura didn't buy that any more than Tom did. Of course, then they came upon the clearing with all the massive rabbits and she paused in shock. After a moment to process the site, her fingers twitched slightly and she grinned. "Anyone else hopin' this is a permanent thing? After all, this giant rabbits would make for great huntin', and I don't think anyone's ever made a rabbit steak," she said, her grin getting wider at the thought.

As her companions started to find things and talk among themselves, Kura looked over at Mercedes and glared at him, then noticed something between her and the two arguing men. As it turned out, the item was a purple water bag. It was empty, but she picked it up and held it out to the Eidisi, stepping between him and Mercedes to do so. "I don't know if you'll need it, but if you fill it up, you can use it to cool any hot heads about," she said, glancin' at Mercedes again as she stepped by them. Of course, if things got hostile, Phelan was always about, but she made a mental note to put out a warning about Mercedes when they were done here.

After that, she took the hairbrush Amaris had offered her. "Aye, this will make a good gift for someone indeed. I can see the Rynmere folks in particular takin' a shine to it, if they start gettin' froggy again," she said, smiling at Amaris. "And since we're askin' all these queries, anyone scared of the woods? I grew up huntin' in the woods, but I know not everyone did," she asked, her tone curious, though she knew people didn't like to discuss their fears.

(338 Words)
Image
User avatar
Kura Wolfsdotter
Approved Character
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:39 pm
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Council Member
Renown: +164
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates
Medals: 2
One Arc Later... (1) Vhalar 716 (1)

[Tom's Group] Bad News Bunnys Travel Fast

Postby Pegasus » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:25 am

Image

Image

85th Ashan, 718

If Jim thought he had it bad, it was nothing compared to Tom's feelings as Mercedes and Hookor stood together. Each of them found something and many of them exchanged the items and Tom watched, approvingly. It seemed that the group was not prone to behaving themselves, but there were a few in there who would be alright. In fairness, the good seemed to outweigh the bad and so he simply moved over to stand near to Amaris. It was whilst he stood there that he spoke, his voice friendly and cheerful. "I'd say that only an idiot admits to killing people, wouldn't you? I'm sure that it's just a joke on your part and you'd like to apologise to Hookor in the way he apologised to you?" If Tom wasn't someone's father, he should be. It was apparent that he had telling off down to a fine art. "I'd like us to just get along, please. And no more threats, Mercedes. I don't want there to be any unpleasantness."

It was then, though, that they turned their attention to the rabbits and Tom nodded at Kura's assessment. "Indeed. I am picturing some rather beautiful rabbit skin clothing too." As first Kura, then Tom said that, though, one of the rabbits turned and hissed, it's eyes suddenly glowing a deep crimson. It seemed more like an Oh-Bunny in that moment, it must be said.




And then, the rabbits moved. It was like watching a flock of birds taking flight together. Except, of course, that they did not fly. Instead, the bunnies moved around them, encircling the group and making it so that they couldn't walk out of the circle of pony-sized rabbits without getting very close to one. Immortals, but these rabbits were fast too. It was like they'd been granted extra speed as part of their additional size and the group were surrounded by them. At the edges of the clearing, the bunnies stood in a circle, except for those standing by a small path - of which there were many - leading from the clearing. Once they noticed, the group saw that the bunnies continued down either side of that path. Almost like an honour guard.

Almost.

It was then that the rabbits started making a high pitched cheeping noise. As they did, the group could tell that, basically, they sounded more like birds than rabbits. It was the noise they made, though and it grew in volume as they stood, apparently waiting for the group

"I... think. I mean, I know how this sounds," in fairness, Tom was more or less keeping his cool, "I know how it sounds. I can't help but think that they want us to take that path. Opinions?"



Consequences this round:

Achievement: The Constant Non-Consonant Unlocked: Amaris, Devin, Mercedes and Kura completed the "all sentences start with a vowel" objective and will earn an item at the end. (Hookor missed it by 1 stray Does)
Achievement: Totes Awks! Unlocked: All pcs asked their awkward questions - and this will award them extra loot at the end! Amaris, Devin, Hookor and Kura also answered theirs, so will get a double hit of Bouncing Bunny Goodness!
Secret Achievement: The Cringe!! Unlocked: Hookor asked a really really awkward question, which were enough to make me cringe. That makes me a Happy Bunny! Extra 'reward' at the end - it'll be cringe-worthy.


Consequences: Positive:
  • Amaris, wins the "best item" reward. There is a Good Bunny in Amaris' future, as the pc has earned a positive consequence.
  • Hookor wins the "best use of the item" without doubt. That sounds like it's hopping good news!! Hookor has earned a positive consequence
  • All PCs completed both can-do objectives and will earn a positive consequence from the Good Bunny





Map : Map of Sweetwine Woods
NPC : 
Tom
Race: Human
Most obvious attribute: Intellect
Works at the University
Quite competitive
Some fieldcraft knowledge.
Has a "little bit of skill" with a bow (but doesn't seem to know much)
Dislikes conflict
Wants everyone to get along
Will stand up for what he believes to be right
OOC Info : 
 ! Pegasus wrote:
This thread is now CLOSED
 ! The Rules wrote:
The rules for this thread are as follows:
  • I will post once a week, on Sunday. If you all post sooner, I might do the same, and then you'll have another week. I will post again on the 29th April 2018
  • There is no posting order throughout this thread.
  • This thread has objectives (both stated and hidden) and Achievements. These will impact the thread itself and the consequences at the end.
  • One post each between mod posts.
  • Do not control the NPCs (that includes the Uber-Buns)
  • If you've got any questions, PM me.
  • We're going on the old "three strikes and you're out" school of thought.
 ! Points to Note wrote:
This is a potentially high risk thread. Your pc might be maimed, scarred, psychologically damaged, forced into strange and weird situations, killed or even forced to stop and take a long, hard look at their lives.
This thread will have an impact on all of Scalvoris.
No animals, trees or imaginary friends were harmed in the creation of this thread.
These groups are now set. No moving, changing, slipping around, etc.
This thread structure and objectives, achievements etc are following a way of modding which was done by a very good friend, Straylor. All credit to him for the ideas.
Objectives : 
 ! Must Do Objectives This Round! wrote:
1. Continue your conversation and make sure that you respond to all posts after yours, including Tom's words in this one.
2. Please ensure that you post your pc's reaction when the Rabbit hisses (this is an important moment)
3. Make a decision. Stay in the clearing or Follow the Bunny Path
 ! Can Do Objectives This Round! wrote:
1. Include the words Gold, Graceful and Giggle in your next post.
2. Have your pc say the words "Well, I've never woken up with one of those before" in a way which makes sense.
Please note: these are optional objectives. You can do one, both or none of the above.
User avatar
Pegasus
Ignoble steed
Storyteller - Rank 3
 
Posts: 4047
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:08 pm
Location: Scalvoris
Race: Prophet
Profession: Telling Stories!
Renown: -665
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Medals: 22
Contributor of the Month (1) Guest on Live Chat! (1) World Developer (1) Artíst (1)
Dungeon Master (1) Mentor (1) Ambassador (1) Supporter (1)
Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1) Pioneer (1) Puppet Master (1)
Lol Worthy (1) Storyteller (1) Holy Tax Accountant (1) Keyboard Monkey (1)
King Kong (1) Vhalar 716 (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1) Winner Idalos Awards 2016 (1)
Crush The Reviews! 717 (1) Crush The Reviews! 15+ (1)

[Tom's Group] Bad News Bunnys Travel Fast

Postby Hookor Crook » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:05 pm

Image
Well this turned negative, and quickly. A fairly violent person, Hookor thought to himself as he stood face to face with Mercedes. Hookor didn't love his own face, but he preferred to keep it, and certainly didn't think he looked 48 arcs old.

"I did apologize, but given your response, I might want to retract my words."
the half Eidisi commented. Hookor was about the furthest you could get from violent, so it took everything in him to stand up, even a little, to the threatening fellow.

One, two, three, four, five, six...


Counting bunnies helped. He continued to numerate the rodents, when he felt some of the others approach him and Mercedes. Amaris and Kura both seemed irritated by the confrontation. Amaris was perhaps a little less GRACEFUL about it, making comment that had Hookor clenching his legs together, as the woman referenced their nether regions. Kura used the more familiar distraction technique. A purple water bag? How odd.

"Well. I've never woken up with one of those before."
Hookor said with a GIGGLE, as Kura held out the item. "Though I would imagine if warmed, one could use it to ease a sore belly." he added. If his jest garnished a warm response, he would smile gingerly, otherwise a lowering of the head, and more silence. Devin seemed more disengaged from the situation. Wise, Hookor thought. He himself would like to disengage from Mercedes, and his threats.

Then Tom spoke. scolding the hot tempered Mercedes. Hookor said nothing, expressed nothing, but deep inside felt a little relieved that someone was going to try and keep things civil.

"Ahhhghhhh!"
Hookor jumped as the rabbit hissed. The young student was already on edge, knowing one of his fellow explorers seemed to already have it in for him. Serpentine like bunnies did nothing, NOTHING AT ALL, to calm him.

Seven, eight, nine, ten...


Just count them, Hookor, he consoled himself. Then suddenly he lost count. They were moving into some sort of formation. They were...they were forming a line. No, they were shaping out a pathway. Tom confirmed it, when he commented that the rabbits seemed to want them to go between them.

"I don't know, Professor Tom."
Hookor began, "Isn't their a bard's song that warns about chasing rabbits?" he asked. This was not a pot of GOLD they were looking for, and that path was no rainbow. No, Hookor was certain that nothing good was at the end of that path.

Or perhaps it was just his nerves.

"I vote we observe just a while longer. Take notes, go over our options."
the words came quicker, as Hookor's anxiety increased. Of course, he would do what the majority decided, but for now, he was too fearful to support chasing rabbits. Unless everyone else left, he was going to stay...
Image
User avatar
Hookor Crook
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:19 pm
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 0

[Tom's Group] Bad News Bunnys Travel Fast

Postby Devin » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:14 am

“I’m definitely hoping that this will be a permanent thing”, Devin said to Kura. “I’d love to eat some rabbit steak, and I’d be very interested in studying one of these unusual animals as well”, he added, remembering that he was currently pretending to be a naturalist, and naturalists were usually more interested in studying and categorizing animals than eating them. Having said that, he proceeded to take another look around in case he had missed something the first time. Apparently, the person that had lost the comb, the robe and all the other things had also lost their water bag which meant that they would probably die of thirst soon. Devin felt sorry for the poor idiot – for a moment before he realized that he wouldn’t have to return the robe if they were dead.

It would make a splendid night gown in his opinion. He pictured himself sleeping in a four-poster bed, with velvet curtains and fluffy pillows, wearing his new robe, surrounded by his many, gorgeous lovers that fulfilled his every wish … except that one of them suddenly grew bunny ears and elongated front teeth?! He looked irritated for a moment, but then he shrugged his shoulders. “Well, I’ve never woken up with one of those before”, he remarked. He didn’t notice that he was speaking aloud until it was too late. He was not embarrassed though. In fact, he couldn’t help but giggle a little. Apparently, he realized, the situation was affecting him as well … either that, or the bunnies were capable of mind-control!

“These rabbits are probably a source of valuable alchemical reagents, too, and worth their weight in gold!” he claimed as Tom and Kura continued to discuss the rabbit’s use. In truth he didn’t know much about alchemy – apart from the fact that alchemists made weird stuff out of other weird stuff, but a scientist would probably say something like that.

The bunnies, he noticed, didn’t seem to approve of their discussion particularly, judging by how the eyes of one of them suddenly glowed red before it hissed like a snake. The false naturalist stared it at and resisted the urge to make a step back. “Sorry”, he quickly said in case the bunnies could understand Common (which was possible in his opinion since they were obviously magical, and from what he knew the laws of nature didn’t apply to magical animals). “I’m not really going to eat you or use you for alchemy. In fact, I’ll probably become a vegetarian one of these trials. I just want to study you because you look so cute and beautiful and graceful!”

Devin hopd that Hookor would decide that their mission was too dangerous and run so that he would get more stuff, but apparently the blue man managed to overcome his fear. To be honest, Devin was starting to get a little scared as well as the rabbits gathered around them. They suddenly didn’t look quite as cute and graceful anymore.

“I really don’t think that’s a good idea”, he replied as Hookor suggested that they wait. “They seem to want us to take the path, and they look pretty impatient. If we don’t do what they want, they might attack us, and I really don’t want to become bunny food. ‘Eaten by bunnies’ would be a pretty embarrassing cause of death, don’t you think?”
User avatar
Devin
Approved Character
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:25 am
Race: Human
Profession: Thief
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates

[Tom's Group] Bad News Bunnys Travel Fast

Postby Mercedes » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:34 pm

Image
Graceful, had been the only word feasible to describe the movements of the strange rabbits. They were gargantuan in comparison to the typical members of their species. However, tom seemed to have a stronger opinion than one based on the rabbits. He told Mercedes off without so much as a hint of thought, or so it may have appeared. The first response could have been to simply char the visage off of his skull. Yet, if he destroyed their only source of knowledge the gathering of information would be brought to an end early. The sorcerer needed to learn one thing in a situation like this; how to be disciplined and not allow his emotion to take control of his actions. Conscious decisions needed to be made at all times in a project that required a group. He still had a burning desire to purge the party of this “Hookor”. However, Tom was right and if they needed to collaborate murderous threats were not going to benefit anyone other than Mercedes.

His response had simply been one word.

“Sure” Mercedes concluded the short lived statement with a giggle. Yet, following the statement of mister intellectual; the rabbits turned around and offered a vile hiss. Their eyes transitioned into a deep shade of red. A look of disgust overtook Mercedes visage, and although he wanted to deliver a large-scale attack as to roast the creature alive; he simply failed to act as the action struck fear in him. He froze for a moment, and became incapable of speech. Why had that been so intimidating; Mercedes had seen far worse in his past, and heard far more vile sounds. Yet, that one startled him half to death and when he finally snapped out of the fear the rabbits moved in unison. They surrounded the party in a circular fashion as to “trap” them in place.

They left a single path open for the party to travel through. Although the rabbits were obviously far more intelligent, and capable of hunting than one would assume at first glance he did not move. A single bead of sweat erupted from the pores of the sorcerers flesh. His heart raced with a strange combination of fear, anxiety, and adrenaline. He wanted to turn, to fight, but he saw the opportunity of gold in front of him. The rabbits gave them the choice to leave before they could make any unwise decisions, right? Tom offered a few words, and asked for advice for the remainder of the group. Mercedes had an idea, but whether or not it was the best had been up to the rest of them all.

“Well I've never woken up with one of these before, but I have an idea. Why would they surround us only to leave open one path? You have to understand that no one simply gives an option to leave once you have entered their den. Who is to say that they will not turn and pick us off the moment someone steps across? My theory is the bastards are trying to kill us. I say that we stay in the clearing until they move, and if they try to pounce we kill them.” The sorcerer spoke aloud, and hoped that everyone would listen.
User avatar
Mercedes
The Child Of Destiny
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:37 pm
Location: Scalvoris
Race: Human
Profession: Sorcerer
Renown: +110
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Medals: 5
Artíst (1) Painting With Words (1) Bow Chicka Wow Wow (1) Murderer (1)
Survivor (1)

Return to Surrounding Waters & Landmarks