Setting Sail

30th of Cylus 718

From Tried's Mouth to the mysterious Tower, the waters around Scalvoris and the island itself hold a vast array of secrets, just ripe for discovery. Here are landmarks, jungles, mountains, forests and islands of note.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1739
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Setting Sail

30th Cylus, 718 ~ Just before midnight
"You sure?" Vega asked, glancing at him as they sat together at the small table in the kitchen. She, of course, had her legs up on a chair next to her, but it meant that they were sitting, together. She'd got dressed, brushed her hair and tied it back and the two of them were looking at his plans for their route. "I mean, it'd be right lovely to see the first dawn of Ashan, an' if we leave now, then yeah, that works. But you an' Papa an' Huw an' Fi are gonna be workin' hard to do that." She looked at him and she blushed, just slightly. Vega didn't do blushing. "I'm sorry." Her eyes were at once ashamed, amused and embarrassed as she gazed at him. "I wasn't really myself, you know. I 'ad a very difficult trial," she smiled at him. "But I'm feelin' a lot clearer now, though my legs still 'urt like a swine, an' if you even look at 'er funny I'll be flingin' more than candies and cups at you." Leaning into him, Vega kissed him with much more of her usual possessiveness and fire. "An' if she so much as glances at you, I'm gonna deck 'er."

In all honesty, two trials ago though it was, Vega was only half aware of all that had occurred. She was drugged, still, although that had mostly worn off but she had been very much in shock. She still was, but the only way she could describe it was that she felt like she was emerging from that. "So, because I'm frustrated at bein' no use, I'm gonna fuss," she said and lifted up her glass of juice to sip before pulling the chart over slightly and nudging him as she did. "An' stop hoggin' the map. A'right, so we're not goin' far, jus' following the route of the volcano underwater, so the water's warm?" They'd done that themselves, she remembered, when they'd gone to Faldrass and she thought of something then. "I'm sorry, we didn't get to do the circuit of the island an' collect up all the sand. Or go to the ice caves to get more snowcrystals." She rested her head against his shoulder and looked down at the map. "Next time, qau'ma." Besides, she added with a grin. The idea of slipping and falling over on the ice in Ishallr was always a possibility, and right now she figured it was also a really really bad idea."Though we could still do sled racin', I suppose. That'd be a laugh an' not at all stupid."

Finishing up her drink, Vega nodded. "This all looks good, Arlo. I'd say we can do it. I want to be up on deck, though, if I can. I..." She smiled slightly and stopped for a moment, not quite sure that she could put into words what she wanted to. "I came 'ere to find you because I missed you. I didn't really understand or admit to myself why, though I knew." It seemed so long ago, yet at the same time, not at all. "An' the first thing you said, you plonker was that it was a dry heat. Honest to Betsy, Arlo, you've gotta get sayin's that make sense." She was teasing him, of course, and she was at least well aware of the hypocrisy in what she said. "I remember steppin' off the boat an' hopin' that you were here. That I hadn't lost you by gettin' spun out an' needin' to leave. I told XIur that I had faith an' that, when I left, I'd be leavin' with you." Shrugging slightly she grinned and admitted that, when she'd said that, "well, I didn't know just how I meant it."

But all of that was a long winded way, she explained, of wanting to leave with him, up on the deck together, because she'd regretted so much the leaving without him before. "I'd like to watch Ashan's dawn with you, Arlo. That ok?"
Last edited by Vega on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 707

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Arlo Creede
Approved Character
Profession: Cassion's Champion
Renown: 820
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Setting Sail

"Course I'm sure," Arlo responded, sat there beside Vega with just the small lamp out in the hall and a single lit candle to illuminate, dimly, the galley. And then to highlight the maps that were spread out in front of them, a small jar with a glowing blue stone inside. He was as sure as he ever was, he added, about anything else. Which meant of course that his gut was doing as much thinking as a practical mindset. His gut had rarely led him astray. "We can follow streaming routes where the water's warmer and where the ice has already melted, and we'll have a head start on the larger merchant ships that would have trouble with the narrower passages."

As it happened there were a number of capable and experienced sailors on board, and, "The compass that Cassion gave me will help, and since he's blessed me, somehow I can sense the quickest routes in ways I wasn't able before." And no, she hadn't been herself, he was quick to say when Vega mentioned Fi and her previous excuse for bringing her on board. "You'd taken leave of your senses. I only worried you'd never get them back." Of course it was asking a lot that he wouldn't even look should the woman saunter right past him. But still, indulging in anything of the sort was the farthest thing from Arlo's mind.

"Right," he said when she talked about how they'd start the voyage, and he pushed the map closer so Vega could see. They wouldn't stray far until they were sure it was safe to do so. But when it was, they'd already in a sense be underway. They'd get the sand and ice crystals another time, he agreed, smiling when he pulled back from the kiss and she laid her head upon his shoulder. "Of course you can be up on deck. I'll take you there myself and once I build that lift on the stairs you'll be able to do it as often as you please."

He wouldn't want her to be anywhere else after all, when they set sail out of Scalvoris with the sunrise. Or anywhere but by his side when the sun finally appeared again after a long period in hiding. "It's a perfectly good saying," he argued, snorted and then turned the tables by asking, "and who's Betsy anyway?" But he'd hated leaving without her back then. Arlo hadn't even admitted it to himself, but a part of him had known even then that he loved her. "I worried I wouldn't see you again. Meeting you took all the fun out of traveling and adventuring alone," he said, leaning in to kiss her. It was enough surely to answer the question. Up on deck, viewing the sunrise together was where they'd be in just a few breaks.
word count: 500
Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Setting Sail

Date
Death is such an alien concept to the living. It is so permanent, and yet gets denied. It is often called pointless and yet is the most necessary force in the universe. It brings fear to some, hope to others, release to even more. Death is whatever the living want it to be. But there is one that knows what death truly is, or rather, knows it better than most.

And it was not him that approached the ship that Vega and Arlo were upon. No, it was a blonde, heavy busted woman, a barmaid. One that Arlo would remember quite well. Mixiebelle. She stayed upon the docks, and called out, not demanding but rather pleading, "Arlo Creede? I must speak with you..." Her voice was soft, defeated, pained. Her eyes were stained red from tears. She had so much to tell him. "I won't be long, and then I will leave you... and your maiden, be."

If offered to come onto the ship, she'd refuse, casting a jealous look at Vega. Ignoring any other words set, she unloaded what was upon her heart, spewing words as if in a desperate attempt to get them out before exploding. She spoke of having yearned for Arlo after that night they'd met. Spoke of having started the process to adopt Ser Danzcek, to make the three of them into a ragtag family. To let him raise Danny to be a proper Knight, to make babies together, to have a beautiful home. She spoke fondly of that 'kiss' they had shared that snowy night.

But her mood soured, for she spoke of how one day, the day before she was to finally adopt Danny tragedy struck. He burned alive in his bed at the orphanage. No one else was harmed but they'd been unable to save him. He was gone. She felt that Arlo needed to know that. But she hadn't known his name, didn't know how to find him after that day. But everyone knew him from the Derby. Following the collapse at the docks though, he truly was a household name and face. She commented on how he looked a bit older, more mature now, and appreciated the look.

The collapse made her believe that she could never have him. His carrying Vega out of the falling rubble was seen by many. And so, Mixie came to apologize for loving him. For kissing him. For thinking they could have a beautiful life together.
word count: 419
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Setting Sail

She'd taken leave of her senses? Vega glanced at him and considered that, whilst that should be fighting talk, she couldn't rightly argue with him. Her eyes swirled colours and she smiled slightly. "Shurrup," she said, leaning against him and breathing in, relishing the moment of sitting with him, feeling her skin against his. "I don't know why you put up with me, you know." That was entirely genuine, especially when she thought about all that she'd put him through the last season or two. What, in fairness, they'd been through together. Lifting her head she kissed him and then grinned. "I can only conclude that you must love me. That's right 'andy, innit?"

He'd take her up on deck, he said and Vega smiled in pleasure. She needed to begin to get back to normal, as much as she could with two broken legs and having died two trials before. Up on deck, undoubtedly wrapped up in a blanket and watching the sunrise with him. "It sounds perfect, Arlo." He defended his obsession with dry heat, though and Vega snorted when he asked who Betsy was, as though he'd asked the stupidest question in the world, but then she looked a little surprised. "You serious?" Evidently he was, "Betsy is.. don't 'umans know about her? Betsy was a biqaj an' she was head of her Clan. She sailed on a ship called the Promise, an' everyone knew her as 'Honest Betsy'. She never told a lie, not ever. Said they was bad for the digestion." Vega was an abysmal liar, especially to him and, even had she not been her eyes gave her away but she carried on regardless. People came from all over Idalos, she said, to meet Honest Betsy, to hear her speaking truth and only truth.

So the story went, she explained with a grin, her fingers wrapping around his and unable to keep the smirk off her face, one trial a whole group of Immortals turned up. "Loads of them. Ashan, Ymiden, all the seasonal ones. Cos no matter what the season, see, Betsy was 'onest." But U'frek, Xiur, Cassion too, she was sure. They all came and then Ziell turned up and told them that, not only did Betsy speak honestly, she spoke Truth with a big T in the front. So, the Immortals all asked Betsy things, and she told them. "She told one that 'e had a big nose, an' another that her perfume was reekin'. She told them all these home truths that no one likes 'earin' an' they splatted her." Vega grinned at him. "So, we say 'honest to Betsy' to remind ourselves that truth is good, but we should be careful about too much of it. Don't you know that story?" She'd made it all up, it was obvious and she grinned at him unapologetically.

Then, squeezing his hand she added, "An' I'm glad I took all the fun out of travellin' alone, Arlo Creede. You won't have to do it again," she promised but then couldn't resist adding. "Honest to Betsy you won't." The pair of them just needed to go back to being them, she knew, to being who they were and doing what they did. Of course, as he kissed her and she returned the gesture with enthusiasm she thought that this was going to be the longest season of her life. "Gerrof with you, an' lets get me up on deck, eh? I'd like to be up there when we leave, that ok?" Of course, it was and she sipped the mug of hot tea he put in front of her while he got things sorted.

Then, he carried her up the stairs and got her settled on the deck. Or, that was what he was doing when a woman arrived. Vega was sitting on a deep bench, her legs in front of her and pillows behind her. He'd brought blankets, the ones made by his friend which kept her warm and she was grateful for those. She refused the chicken peg leg, arguing that he needed to be able to move and the blankets here kept her warm where she was. At the sound of a woman calling his name, Vega raised an eyebrow and nodded to her. "You've got a visitor," she said.

And then the woman talked. Vega's eyebrow was already raised and then, as Mixiebelle spoke, it was joined by it's partner and then, well both of them moved further up towards her hairline. The woman had met Arlo on a snowy night, they'd kissed, she'd fallen in love and was adopting the little boy so that she, Arlo and the boy could be a family. She didn't know that the boy had died, that was something which was a true shame, but he'd kissed someone? That was the.... that must be the night that she'd first encountered the Death Forged Rose, she considered. But the woman came to apologise for loving him? What in the name of all the Immortals?

Normally, of course, Vega would say something, walk over, something like that. But she was stuck here, unable to move and listening to a beautiful woman with what Vega considered to unfairly large breasts discuss the kiss that she'd shared with Arlo while Vega was getting taken over by a fire-creature which had plagued her. But she said nothing, not a word, while Mixie was there. She just let Arlo deal with it and kept silent. Of course, the tension in how she sat, the red colour of her eyes which grew more and more vivid and swirled in silver at the mention of the kiss, those things might be a bit of a giveaway. But in a feat of almost monumental discipline, Vega didn't yell at the woman who was so obviously upset at being dumped.

And when she was gone, Vega spoke in a low, deep and quiet voice. "The barmaid who the blokes were tormentin'? At the gamblin' house? The one who lost her dress, an' you ran after?" There was a thin line between talking in a deep voice and snarling. Vega was treading that line. Not at snarling yet, but close. "Funny, when you told the story, you missed out the kissin' bit. Start talkin', Creede."

word count: 1086

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Arlo Creede
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Setting Sail

"Well now finally you've figured it all out," Arlo teased Vega while he'd carried her up the stairs. "You're the most hardheaded, argumentative, stubborn...Impossible woman I know. What else could it be but love?"

The stairs were narrow but he'd carried her up with ease, careful not to let any part of her her collide with the walls. And when he spread out the blankets, situated her there and wrapped them around her, she had a fight on her hands not to accept the wooden peg leg that he'd have looped round her neck. Fair enough though. The one who'd crafted the blankets had worked some magic on them and they'd keep Vega plenty warm enough. "Betsy was a right bore, then," he added dryly but with a lopsided grin as he sat down beside her. There was no question in Arlo's mind that Vega had dreamed up the story. She was a fine storyteller herself, he'd told her more than once. A true credit to her race.

But there on deck, together, they'd gaze at the stars and probably sleep under them a little bit too. Then they'd watch the sunrise together. The first one they''ll have seen in a long string of trials. It was fitting, to do that just before setting sail. He was getting drowsy, however, and that was probably the reason that Vega heard the voice from the docks before he did. But then, thinking about it, there was something familiar about that voice. He nearly cursed aloud as he stood up, leaned over the rail and had a look. "I'll be just a bit...No more," he told Vega, and joined Mixiebelle on deck in hopes of keeping her quiet.

Arlo didn't like the look she gave Vega. In fact he didn't like the fact that she'd come there at all. What reason did she have, or why would she think it was alright? And as she went on, he began to think that she didn't think it was acceptable. She was only there to cause trouble. What else would she have hoped to achieve when he'd never given her so much as a second look, or second thought either after he'd been gone that night? "I'm sorry about Danny. I'd heard what happened to him already and it's a real shame," he said. "But you had no reason to be making plans for us, for me. That kiss was all you taking liberties and not me," he said firmly. She was right though. There was nothing and never had been. But in parting, he wished her well and hoped she found someone to return her feelings.

"Dammit," Arlo muttered after Mixiebelle left and he looked back up on deck. That was a dangerous tone of voice Vega had, he figured, once he got there. "That was her, yeah," he said. But when she questioned the kiss and demanded he start talking, he couldn't help but tilt his head curiously and snort as he sat back down beside her. "And when would've been the best time to tell you that?" he asked. "Maybe when I found you on a mountaintop and you told me to shove off? Or maybe after you told me you could burn me to a crisp and reduce me to ashes if I so much as strayed close to you? Or after the festival maybe?" he added more gently.

He didn't mention it, he said, because he didn't kiss Mixiebelle. She threw herself against him and kissed him. And he'd never given it another thought. "I only worry about the next man that stumbles into thinking he'll rescue her from harm. She'll have him in a fancy suit at the altar in under a twelve trial." Unless that man had the good sense to run, far away and as fast as he could, Arlo thought.
word count: 675
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Setting Sail

She'd finally figured it out? As he carried her up the stairs, Vega nestled against him and held on. "I dunno. Maybe yer a special kind of masochist an' all yer life you've been lookin' for the most difficult woman you could find?" She grinned up at him, though her eyes swirled indigo and lilac, all flecked through with gold. "An' jus' for the record, yer the most argumentative, stubborn an' obnoxious man I've ever met. Bar none. That's a match made somewhere, that is." Where exactly was probably open to some interpretation, but Vega didn't care to elaborate.

He wanted to loop the pegleg around her neck, but she wasn't having any of it. "Think of it this way," she said, as he pulled the blankets around her and she, in turn, reached up and pulled him down to her to share a lingering kiss. "I wanna curl up here with you, an' I don't want you to have cold hands when you put them on me, do I? Some parts of me are very sensitive, you know." She whispered that against him, with a cheeky grin. "I don't want the peg leg, jog on." A swift kiss accompanied that, just to prove that there were no hard feelings and Vega chuckled. His assessment of Betsy, though? That brought about a sniff of derision from her and her gaze turned almost imperious, except she was faking it, of course. "Careful what you say about Betsy. The Immortals, they all felt bad after they splatted 'er, you know, an' they like it when people say 'er name, keep 'er memory goin' an' stuff. So they listen." She waved around in the general direction of everywhere. "You should say sorry, Betsy, you should." Her grin was genuine and she couldn't hide her delight at being back up, out in the open. Vega had never been still so long.

And so, they sat together and as he wrapped his arms around her, Vega let out a long and deep sigh and she looked up at him with tears in her eyes, but not angry or upset, just entirely relieved tears shining in her violet eyes. "I'm rubbish at words, so jus' assume I said the right ones, would you?" She whispered to him and contentedly leaned against him, looking at the stars and feeling his arms around her there in the dark. She'd been afraid, so very afraid, that she wouldn't do that again, wouldn't be able to. Yet here, just a few trials later, he had worked it so that they could be together here on deck. He'd done everything she needed and much more besides and relaxing there in his arms, Vega felt herself start to drop off to sleep too.

But the voice woke her.

Why, Vega wondered, as she listened to the conversation between Arlo and the woman, did they not get a single break? Why did this woman think that it was acceptable to behave in this way? To come here and talk to him about her plans, for him and her, for their children and the babies they'd make? She was adopting Danny? The list just went on and Vega's fury built. Of course, it showed, her eyes turned a deep red and her previously relaxed posture was completely replaced. As he sat back down with a snort, most of Vega's ire was at the woman with the unreasonable breasts, but she kept a bit aside for him. Just a bit, but then he answered.

And he was right, of course. When should he have told her? The situations he threw back, each one of them, were absolutely accurate and she had no argument, though her face told the truth of what she felt, as it always did, as each example hit her. "Yeah, fair point. I'm sorry," she said quietly, pulling the blankets around herself a bit more and looking at him with colours swirling in her eyes. She shook her head at his explanation, wanting to argue with him, explain that she didn't tell him to 'shove off', but she tried to protect him because she was a danger to him. But he knew that, and it didn't make a difference to what he said, so there was no point arguing it. Besides, every word he spoke was true, was his experience of what she'd said and done.

Vega sighed with frustration and upset, and gave an ironic grin. "Well, that's ballsed up that nice, romantic moment." It wasn't really much of a surprise, she considered, that he doubted what she thought of him when he put it all together like that. "I don't mean to push you away, Arlo. I'm sorry. I'm jus'.. well, I told you I was rubbish at this stuff, didn't I?" She hadn't been joking, either, she added with a smile she just didn't mean."Come to that, I can't even blame it on havin' died two trials ago. I've been like it from the start" By all accounts, at least, from the beginning of the season. She wasn't angry at him, though, she said, nor did she think he'd seriously strayed off with anyone else."I'm angry at her. Not for wantin' you or lovin' you. I can't fault her for that, when I do both so much. I'm angry at her for walkin' not havin' to be carried, an' havin' enormous knockers which are perfectly poised to pop out of her too-tight corset at a glance from your longin' eyes, an' she's there offerin' to 'ave yer babies an' make this nice little family with you an' all I give you is newly-back-from-the dead, physically broken girlfriend hassles, a small selection of which you jus' conveniently listed, thanks for the reminder I didn't need." She shook her head and then rested it against his shoulder, but every bit of her was tense, not relaxed as she had been.

She was quiet for a moment and then she lifted her head up again and looked at him with purple and yellow eyes. "It's been an awful time, an' I'm sorry for ev'ry bit of it, Arlo. I am." Lowering her head back down, she pulled herself against him as much as she could with her legs the way they were. "So whatcha wanna do in Viden?" Not die, not get smashed up, burned alive or spend half the season with voices constantly battering her with every inner fear she'd ever had were Vega's highlighted wish list items, but she figured he'd probably know that."It's bloody cold there, apparently." She smiled against him, keeping her head where it was and trying to make her voice sound light, teasing and like it normally would."But I bet you it's a dry kinda cold."
word count: 1190

Arlo Creede
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Setting Sail

Maybe he had been looking for the most difficult woman on Idalos, he'd told her, all without realizing it. "And what do ya know, the fates stepped in, lent a hand and obliged him," Arlo had added, all before that woman turned up on the docks.

He'd have rather that Mixiebelle had stayed away. Arlo couldn't begin to fathom what he'd done that night that had given her the slightest inkling that he was interested, or that there could ever be anything there. He hadn't. He knew that. But maybe it was only that he'd been kind enough to see her home after other men had been nothing but rough and cruel. Still, he wished she hadn't, but now she was gone again.

And none too soon. They'd been comfortably bundled up on deck together, watching the stars through heavy eyelids. He'd never have wanted to see any tears in Vega's eyes except for happy ones. But finally, after all she'd been through, those were. Turned out then that Mixiebelle was only a brief distraction. "No, it's only the smallest of bumps in the road." Hardly even that really, Arlo maintained when Vega worried that the moment was ruined. And he was seated back down beside her, as if he'd never been gone.

When she told him why she was angry though, Arlo frowned. "Vega, firstly...that woman doesn't have a thought in her head. Not a single one. There's an echo the likes of a stone canyon in there," he added, tapping a forefinger at his own temple. "If she was to experience the smallest fraction of what you've been through, she'd crumble away to dust. But you? It's made you stronger." In the spirit of loving and teasing her though, Arlo did grin, quirk a brow and bump her shoulder gently. "It's hard to fault the knockers though, I'll admit."

As for Viden? Raising up on one elbow, rolled over his side, he toyed with a strand of her hair and smiled thoughtfully. "I've done a little reading about that. There's a big university there if you're interested in any book learning." It was an option that surely Vega would be more comfortable exploring now, assuming she wanted to. "Apparently, the largest library in all of Idalos is there. There's a fitness center with an apparently good reputation. That might be someplace to drop in?" he wondered aloud.

Beyond that? There was apparently a theater where they could go and see a play. Candy shops for sweets and even a hot springs. The latter, he wondered if it might do Vega some good to have a soak in while they were there. "Any of those strike your interest?" Arlo wondered.
word count: 476
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Setting Sail

He sat back down next to her with his arms wrapped around her again and Vega wanted to believe that it was all well between them, but she was worried that everything he'd said was indicative that there was a deeper issue. Yet, the way he held her chased that doubt away and as much as she had felt tense as he pulled her back into his arms, after a few moments, she felt the tension leaving her. That Mixiebelle had an echo chamber in her temples caused Vega to smile and she shook her head. "No one's ever accused me of bein' bright, Arlo. An' don't be daft." Made her stronger? It had done no such thing, as far as she could see. But just when she was about to argue and worry and fuss, he bumped her shoulder and quirked an eyebrow at her, before admitting that yes, those were a mighty fine pair. When he said that, Vega's gaze lifted to him and it completely broke her out of the cycle of worry and self doubt as she looked at him incredulously. Then, without preamble, she thumped him on the shoulder, even as she laughed. "Yer a beast, you are, Arlo Creede." It felt good to laugh, it must be said and she looked at him as the colours in her eyes slowed and settled. "I'm glad the fates stepped in, an' found you the most difficult woman on Idalos. You deserve 'er." Her gaze turned more serious, though, as she added, "an' she's grateful to the Immortals for you."

Vega felt the tension leave her as they sat there together, then he moved so that he was on his side and she leaned into his hand as he took a strand of her hair. He'd been reading up on Viden? Vega smiled as he said that; he was a strange mixture, Arlo Creede. If he was going on his own, he wouldn't have bothered reading up on the place at all, she knew that. Yet. since they were going together he'd read up on it - and especially with things the way they were right now. "I'm gonna walk off the ship, Arlo. When we get there, I mean." Vega knew that the list and timescale he had suggested that it really wasn't likely, but she didn't care about that. Because she would.

A university withe largest library on Idalos? It held no interest for Vega whatsoever, but she knew that he had taken a class at the University on Scalvoris and that had been good for him and what he wanted. So, she shrugged, noncommittally, which was probably all it would take for him to know that no, Vega didn't see herself as a student any arc soon. She liked the idea of a fitness centre, though, and said so. "Do you want to take a class while we're there? We can stick around if you wanna?" Looking down at her legs, covered though they were, she frowned. "By the time I'm movin' again, I'm gonna 'ave a lot of work to do. Fitness centre could be useful, if you want to stick around I won't be bored." She didn't need a fitness centre at all, but it would be something she could use while he was studying, if that was what he wanted to do. For herself? "I avoided school all my childhood, an' I'm 'appy continuin' that trend, thanks. I like learnin' by doin'."

Vega's eyes lit with delight at the thought of going to see a play. It was something, she confided to him, that she'd always wanted to do. She'd heard that they were enormous and posh things, filled with people with fancy frocks and hats, and were things that only the rich and important people went to. The thought of a shop filled with candies, confections to buy delighted her and she beamed at him. "We'll go to that store together. An' I'll let you spend all yer money on me. Which is good of me, really." The springs too, she agreed. She'd have to take the splint off her leg of course, but by then, in hot water, that might well be alright. By the time they'd planned that, Vega was relaxed and more than ready to snooze in his arms, under the starlight which lit her blood. As she felt her lids drooping and the warmth of the blanket and his arms around her, Vega snuggled into him and prayed thanks to Xiur.
word count: 786

Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Setting Sail

Your Thread Review is Here!
I quite enjoyed this thread, and not just because I dropped in on it. It's a breath of fresh air to see the constant insecurities in Vega over come, as well as Arlo being the ever comforting smooth talker. I also felt y'all's dialogue flowed much better in this thread than some previously, some lovely improvement. Bon voyage and happy journeys!
Vega
Pre Review Checklist
Requirement ✓ or X Comment
Approved Character --
Updated Thread List for Previous Season --
Updated Skill Point Ledger (Raw, Adjusted, Thread Earned) ✓✓✓ --
Updated Purse (Seasonal Expense, Wage, Thread deductions) ✓✓✓ --
Updated Renown Ledger & Table for threads ✓✓ --

Review
Requirement Fulfillment Comment+
Solo or Collab Collab +8 skill knowledges
How many posts? 4 +1 skill knowledge
How many requested? 8 1 skill knowledge unclaimed
Are all posts greater than 250 words? --
Is the thread greater than 1500 words? --
Knowledges appropriate? --
Loot appropriate? N/A --
Renown appropriate? N/A --
Injuries appropriate? N/A --
Below is your well deserved loot. If you have any questions, please PM me. Also please add the provided stamp to your review request found here and please update your CS with all of this information.

Code: Select all

[center][img]/gallery/image.php?album_id=39&image_id=12064[/img][/center]
Loot
Reward Amount Comment
Skill Points +15 --
Magic Points available? No --
Renown N/A --
Injuries N/A --
Knowledges
Skill Knowledge:
  1. Discipline: Recognising that yelling doesn't (always) help
  2. Discipline: Explaining who you're angry at, when you're angry
  3. Discipline: Don't allow yourself to get into a rut of negative emotions
  4. Navigation: Reading a map to plan routes
  5. Navigation: Identifying warm water currents
  6. Persuasion: Logical, reasoned argument
  7. Psychology: Physical damage often heals faster than psychological trauma.
  8. Storytelling: The story of honest Betsy

Non-Skill Knowledge:
Arlo
Pre Review Checklist
Requirement ✓ or X Comment
Approved Character --
Updated Thread List for Previous Season --
Updated Skill Point Ledger (Raw, Adjusted, Thread Earned) ✓✓✓ --
Updated Purse (Seasonal Expense, Wage, Thread deductions) ✓✓✓ --
Updated Renown Ledger & Table for threads ✓✓ --

Review
Requirement Fulfillment Comment+
Solo or Collab Collab +8 skill knowledges
How many posts? 3 +0 skill knowledges
How many requested? 8 --
Are all posts greater than 250 words? --
Is the thread greater than 1500 words? --
Knowledges appropriate? --
Loot appropriate? N/A --
Renown appropriate? N/A --
Injuries appropriate? N/A --
Below is your well deserved loot. If you have any questions, please PM me. Also please add the provided stamp to your review request found here and please update your CS with all of this information.

Code: Select all

[center][img]/gallery/image.php?album_id=39&image_id=12064[/img][/center]
Loot
Reward Amount Comment
Skill Points +15 --
Magic Points available? N/A --
Renown N/A --
Injuries N/A --
Knowledges
Skill Knowledge:
  1. Caregiving: The art of carrying gently
  2. Caregiving: Easier when you care about the person