Eruptions

81st of Zi'da 717

From Tried's Mouth to the mysterious Tower, the waters around Scalvoris and the island itself hold a vast array of secrets, just ripe for discovery. Here are landmarks, jungles, mountains, forests and islands of note.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1739
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Eruptions

Vega looked at him in some surprise, it had to be said. That he'd studied her eyes at all and had worked out the patterns caused a strange feeling, largely incomprehensible to her and she felt heat on her face as her cheeks reddened in a flush. "Yer a wonder, Arlo Creede, do you know that?" She was delighted, that was without question and a fair few other things beyond her ken too, but the pleasure that he'd worked out the colours of her eyes was evident.

They started with the sign and her writing on the beach and she glanced at him, regularly checking to make sure that she wasn't irritating him. If she was he was hiding it well, and he came up with a thought, a theory. Frowning slightly Vega considered it and then she grinned, bumping her shoulder against his. "So, in a much nicer way than me, yer sayin' that it's not that I see things different, it's that there's somethin' different about 'ow I make sense of it in my head?" That was fairly straightforward to her and she said it how she saw it. "So, I'm too thick. I told you that already, didn't I?" Vega grinned slightly, nodded her head and then adopted a more serious mien. "I'm sorry, you don't like it when I call myself thick, I know. I'll behave an' be all well behaved. That'll surprise ya."

He drew a figure of eight in the sand and explained what he wanted her to do. Vega nodded her head. "I will. But I can do that on my own, can't I? We can finish this now, for now. That ok?" She smiled at him and explained that yes, she could see what he was saying but if he was right that her mind was losing focus, she'd lost it. "I'm not givin' up, an' I've done more actual writin' than I've ever managed in my life. Thank you." Leaning over to kiss him, she seemed genuinely delighted with what she'd done. There was a caution to her, not wanting to rush ahead, but that notwithstanding, she was happy and just a little bit proud of herself. She knew that it was a simple skill and she was slow at it, but each step was an important one.

"So, we've eaten food, an' spelled out words on the beach. But this is supposed to be an adventure an' we're going to the caves. Come on, lollygagger," she said, standing up. Could she learn to read? Maybe, she thought, after that time spent on the beach there with him. Maybe she actually could and she needed to live with that a while. He'd understand, she was sure and she hoped he did so without the pesky need for her to tell him or anything like that. "Do you wanna collect up some more of this sand, now? There's sacks in your bag." If he wanted to, she was very happy to do so, filling sacks with the warm grains and then depositing them into his domain bag.

Either way, she'd been told that the cliffs were where the cave entrances were and Vega slipped her hand into his as they walked towards the soaring cliffside. "I wanna 'ave all my adventures with you. Even the stupid ones. I reckon you'll 'ave a lot of stupid adventures in yer life, an' you'll need me to 'elp you out. Which one do ya wanna go in?" There in front of them were two cave entrances, both nestled into the rocks and looking dark and foreboding. Vega grinned in delight. "Or, should I say, which one first?"
word count: 637

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Arlo Creede
Approved Character
Profession: Cassion's Champion
Renown: 820
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Eruptions

A wonder? "Why is that?" Arlo asked with a side smile when she said it, and it didn't really require an answer. "Your eyes put that stone on your bracelet to shame. Why wouldn't I want to study them and figure out what makes them swirl with color the way they do?" It had taken time and an attention to detail, nearly an arc really to be able to reliably guess what she was feeling or thinking, just by the color of her eyes. But it had been an effort well worth making, and he'd do it all over again. And again.

But yes, that's what he meant about the figure eight in the sand, and how doing it might help with the troubles she was having. Except of course, Vega put it more succinctly than he had in his effort to grab hold of subtlety and diplomacy by the horns. Poorly, now he thought about it. But when she bumped his shoulder and called herself thick, Arlo would have objected and not for the first time, except that he grinned instead. "Now that'll be the real trick, you behaving yourself."

"I know you're not giving up," he said when she wondered if the exercise could wait for later. He figured it was a pretty good idea anyway. Too much at one time, and she'd only grow frustrated. Doing it on her own when she wanted however, pretty well insured she'd be in a good state of mind when she did it. All the more effective in that case. "You, or we can do this any old time." Having said as much, Arlo stood up, brushed himself off and gave her a hand up off the ground. He did in fact want to take some of the sand with them, and just as well now as having to return later. So pulling an empty sack or out of his bag, they filled them with sand, cinched them up and put them away again. Nice thing about that domain bag. No matter the weight of the contents, the bag itself remained light as a feather.

Still, they'd come all this way and they had caves to explore. Walking hand in hand with Vega, looking towards their destination, he snorted. "No adventure in the name of Cassion is a stupid one," he told her, apparently dead serious. "There are big ones and little ones, accidental ones and ill advised ones. But no stupid ones. But I only want to have them with you." And as they got closer, there appeared to be two ways into the mountainside. One way of choosing was as good as another, so he pulled a coin from his pocket and grinned. Heads for right, tails for left," Arlo said and tossed the coin in the air before catching it, then placing it on his arm. "The left one it is."
word count: 492
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Eruptions

Her eyes put that stone to shame? Vega looked at him and shook her head, pleasure at his words darkening her cheeks further. "Shurrup," she said with a grin. "You don't 'alf talk some nonsense, you don't." That she was delighted was in no doubt, but equally compliments tended to make her rather uncomfortable and so she dismissed them. She was much more comfortable explaining to him that what he was saying was, fundamentally, that she wasn't bright enough. Her laughter was very genuine when he said that it would be a first, were she to behave herself. "You wouldn't know what to do with me if I did, would you?" She'd teased him like that before, but this time she leaned over and kissed him in a more slow and languid manner than was her usual. "A wonder," she whispered, resting her forehead against his. "That's what you are."

She was glad to get up, though and she was pleased he knew she wasn't giving up, but needing to stop now. That was as much so that she didn't get frustrated with herself, didn't start to get wound up by it. The simple fact was that she had achieved more in that time than she had in the arcs before and she told him that. "I won't give up." It was strange, but for the first time in her life, Vega wanted to do this. For her, for him, because she wasn't who she had been or who she wanted to be. There was a whole world of possibilities opening up for her and yet Vega was very much who she was and did what she would always do. She knew and she thought and she understood those things, yet she spoke it at it's basis. "Unless I decide I wanna."

He stood, held out his hand and she took it as she got up. Then, they got the sand sorted and they started to make their way to the cave mouths, hand in hand. Vega wondered, sometimes, at the direction their lives had turned when they'd decided to be together like this, after an arc of being just friends. Looking back, thinking back as they walked, she realised that she didn't know how they had managed before. Her hand squeezed his and then he spoke about stupid adventures not being possible. She was just ready to argue with him when he ended with how he only wanted to have adventures, of whatever kind, with her.

The smile which lit her face when he said that was matched by the sudden bright green of her eyes and the gold which framed them. "Good job, too, I'm like an illiterate limpet," she grinned at him, looked at the cave entrances and nodded. "The sink hole was stupid. I don't think Cassion minds stupid you know." A sidelong glance and she decided that conversations about that kiss were probably not well timed. It was a shame, really, since she had an entire argument about Cassion being ok with stupid that was based around it but instead, she kept quiet.

The left one? She nodded and they made their way in. The sand under their feet was wet from the melted snow and she looked down at it, splashing her foot against it. "Alright, so 'ow much food 'ave we got jus' in case we get lost. You might end up gnawin' on my arm if we do an' you don't 'ave enough to eat." She grinned at him.

The left entrance led into a dark and dank cave, but what was immediately apparent was that at some point this cave had been used. There were old and ragged bedrolls and blankets. "Ewwww," Vega said, using a spare twig to lift up what might once have been some very gnarly undergarments. "I think it's fair to say that whoever lived 'ere wasn't bothered about personal hygiene.". There was clear evidence that this place didn't get flooded, though, and there was an exit out the back of the cave leading into a deeper, dark tunnel. She turned to look at him and grinned. "Wanna explore in here, or go on?"
word count: 717

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Arlo Creede
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Eruptions

"That sinkhole, stupid or no," Arlo argued, and he'd still maintain that it wasn't, "is like a gift for Cassion. The start of a mystery, a brand new adventure. Nothing bad about that." Even if it had been a prelude to a fight with some over sized rats. The sort that he'd rather not come across again so long as he lived. Sure they'd faced worse since they'd been traveling together. But in this case he and Vega agreed. They didn't like rodents.

Oh, he'd brought plenty of food with them, he told her as they made way to the cave entrance on the left. Did Vega expect anything else from him? Arlo's appetite had grown to the extent lately, that he'd rather not go anywhere unprepared, just in case. Of course the entrance to the cave once they got there was less than impressive. It looked as if a bunch of transients had been camped there at some time or another. Probably seeking shelter from the cold. Hygiene? Well, no, but the condition of all the belongings begged a number of questions.

"None of this stuff has been used recently," he said with a curious frown. "Abandoned, but why? I mean, it seems if they left they'd have taken the things with them." So what had happened to them then? Had they run into bad luck outside the caves? Or in them? Had whatever happened, happened in an instant? Were they surprised? Or no? "I say we move on, if we're gonna," he suggested. And since the way ahead was bound to be dark, he plucked out a lantern from his sack and lit it, and made sure his weapons were in easy reach before they pressed onward.

The passage was dark, but it also started out wide, wide enough to walk side by side, and tall enough that they could walk upright. But as they went, the way got narrower, forcing them to walk one behind the other, but the ceiling got only slightly lower. But it wasn't long before it split in two. One way seemed much like the current one, while the other was the same width but would force them to walk slightly bent. What was interesting was that there were footprints leading into that second one. Human maybe, by the looks of them. "You choose," Arlo whispered.
word count: 405
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Eruptions

And her sinkhole adventure was an adventure, she said. His? His was stupid and that was that. Hers had, she pointed out, adventure, intrigue, suspense (at one point, she'd been suspended from a tree), romance. With a shrug, she grinned. "Typically, an' in a reflection of life, I win Arlo Creede." Even when it came to the "holes in the ground which have suddenly opened up beneath me" competition. Because, they both knew it, everything was a competition. She grinned and shook her head at him when he said that he'd brought plenty of food. His hunger, all his appetites, had increased to the point where he must feel Cassion's blood burning in his veins sometimes. She wondered whether it was uncomfortable, or even difficult to control sometimes, but then she figured that he and Cassion were aligned in ways she couldn't understand.

Crinkling her nose as she looked at the remains left scattered around the place, she nodded at Arlo's assessment. "He surprised me, you know." Vega said, suddenly. "When he kissed me. An' I know everythin' about him is good for you, an' I'm so proud of you. An' I know 'e's an Immortal and you know, he's not bad at it." This really wasn't coming out like she intended it, she thought but it seemed that, if it was time to stop, well her mouth hadn't got the memo. "But I 'aven't ever felt anythin' like I do when you kiss me. Jus', you know, so's you know that. Cos I don't think I ever told you. An' yeah," she didn't even pause just charged straight into it. "It's abandoned, suddenly, not packed up. Ohhh, 'ave we discovered a mystery, Arlo?" She waggled her eyebrows at him, before the inevitable urging to hurry up and stop, of course, lollygagging.

They walked, their way getting less comfortable as they did. She kept an eye out, watching the floor and the walls and the ceiling. As a huntress, Vega's skills had improved enormously and at one point, she touched his arm and showed him a small, very old bedraggled piece of cloth which had snagged on the wall. What did it mean? Only that people had come this way, she guessed, but still. Then, there was the choice of tunnels and she didn't hesitate. "Let's see where they went, shall we? An' stop it." He was so doing the whispering in her ear on purpose, she knew he was. There was only one, inevitable conclusion. "Yer a bad man, Arlo Creede."

The second tunnel led down and in places it was tight and cramped. Not so bad that they had to stop, and the footprints continued. It led them into a cavern, small and in there were a few things. More remnants of people have stayed here. Rags, painfully thin bedrolls, that kind of thing. Rats skittered around and squeaked as they got closer, causing the hairs on Vega's arm to raise. But there were ropes, too, dust with gaps in it which suggested chains had been here. "Arlo," Vega said softly, "Do you think this is used to like, move people? Nefarious, like?" If so, it was a little bit horrible and she felt quite strongly that the two of them should have stern words with whoever was there. But then, echoing around the place came a strange, ominous sound. Like a roar, but deep and slow, angry and waiting.

"Well, that sounds welcoming!" Vega said, soft voice and forced smile. "Maybe they bring people down 'ere to feed their big giant monster an' they've missed a meal so he's grumpy." Apparently, bright side was her choice at the moment. Looking at him she motioned through the only new exit, opposite where they'd come in. "Shall we?"
word count: 651

Arlo Creede
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Eruptions

The sinkhole debate, presumably, could rage on and on between the two of them, if they allowed it too. Both liked to win, neither liked to lose. Everything was a competition and nearly everything a debate. Both of them liked it that way in truth, even when things turned livelier than they might intend them too. Neither would change it, except that sometimes there were other things that needed focusing on. Like the question of something maybe lurking in the shadows, ready to leap out at them both in their bit of distraction.

"I think we can leave the great hole debate for later," he said with a grin, implying that he wasn't surrendering the high ground just yet. But there were these strange, tattered and dusty castoff belongings to consider. And how they might have come to be abandoned. Arlo looked up in some surprise however when Vega mentioned Cassion. "What made you think of that all of a sudden?" he wondered. After all, he made a habit of determining not to remember. After all, he was blessed by Cassion, prayed to him and in many ways, lived in his name. Could he begrudge the Immortal for having once kissed his girl? Well, he hadn't liked it much even then, when Vega wasn't exactly taken. Still, tricky.

But no, she hadn't ever told him. Probably because it was a topic they tended not to discuss. But that he, in her mind had Cassion beat in that department, he couldn't be more pleased that she thought so, and kissed her again. Just to remind her. So on they'd went. Vega showed him the scrap of cloth along the way, then chose the direction of the footprints, in order to carry on. "I'm only trying to avoid startling something nefarious up ahead," he claimed innocently when she got onto him for whispering in her ear. Partly true, but mostly he was lying.

But then the narrow tunnel opened up into another chamber. More bedrolls, cast off rags, a spare shoe, rats which he kicked out of the way when they got to close. But what brought a darker frown to his face was the evidence of what might have been chains. Moving people. Nefarious. "You mean like slaves?" he said, though he suspected that's what she had meant, and he was inclined in a similar way to think so. Not good. Not good at all, Arlo thought. Slavery was an institution that was in need of doing away with. In fact it should never have been.

Should they though? She sounded awfully cheerful about it, considering the sound they'd just heard. There was definitely something up ahead, somewhere. And that something sounded like nothing he'd ever heard before. Well, why not, he reasoned. But this time he led the way, slowly and cautiously, quiet so as not to alert whatever it was up ahead. Though as they went, he glanced back at Vega when the mysterious thing seemed to snarl or growl once again, as if it was a warning of sorts. Opting for preparedness then, Arlo drew out his pistol crossbow, released the safety and had it ready. His expression when he glanced at Vega begged the question, You hear that?
word count: 551
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Eruptions

What had made her think of that? Vega grinned slightly and shrugged her shoulders. "I was thinkin' about how true it is, what I said. In reflection of life, I win." Her expression softened, just briefly, "an' us is part of that. Don't be gettin' ideas above yer station, though," she said, haughtily, looking at him wickedly, "I can list yer faults an' oh!" The exclamation was as he kissed her, of course, and she leaned into him and returned the gesture with full enthusiasm. In a way, if she was entirely honest, she was a little sad that there were things to discover down here. Who would have thought it, she considered with a grin. Arlo Creede had made her long for a dead end. Who would have thought it?

But onwards they went. Down the corridor, twisting and turning and looking at what was there. When he whispered in her ear, though, and at his response to her telling him to stop it, Vega dug her elbow into his ribs. Not gently. "You'll be startin' something nefarious 'ere if you don't be'ave," was her only comment on the topic. Her frown matched his, though, when they looked around at the cavern and she spoke of what it looked like to her. "Slaves, maybe. Test subjects. Workers, I dunno. Pirates use places like this for Immortals knows what." She shrugged slightly, her utter disapproval at the thought of pirates far outweighing any considerations of slaves or slavery. What they did included that, and it was a vile practice, but pirates were much, much more.

Then, Arlo insisted on going in front and Vega raised an eyebrow at him. She knew he'd get ideas above his station the minute she told him he was a better kisser than Cassion, she considered. But now was not the time for teasing or tormenting him and she needed to focus, so she did. With her bow drawn and an arrow notched ready, Vega moved slowly and carefully behind him. Ahead of them, it was initially hard to make out but then they saw that there were strange, flickering lights in a variety of colours. Vega frowned as the noise echoed again and she returned Arlo's glance. Yes, she heard it and, frankly, it gave her the wiggins, but what could she do? What could they do, except explore and keep going.

Lots of lights, flickering ahead and that noise, again. The closer they got, the more the noise became clearer. It was less like a growl and more like a deep moaning sound - almost a growl but not quite. And also, the closer they got the more they could tell that it was more than just one noise. It was many. Each one bouncing off the walls, reverberating and echoing.

Until the tunnel opened up into a cavern. Not a small one, this, but a huge one, high vaulted ceiling and walls. The stone was black, part of the volcanic island itself, Vega guessed, but it was also reflective and that was where the lights were bouncing and flickering from. The cause of the lights, though? They were all in an enormous underground lake, in which floated maybe two dozen manatee. Rather than the usual pinpricks of white light glowing on their stomachs, though, the strange creatures had thousands of multi-hued glowing lights on them, reflecting on the walls and the ceiling of the cavern. And the noise? It was them. Growling, groaning, but not at all aggressive. Vega looked in amazement and turned her gaze to Arlo, to see what he thought of it.

On the ledges and floor around the lake, though, it became more obvious who they were tracking here. There were clear signs of at least one of the creatures being taken out of the water and Vega knelt as she touched something on the floor. A strange, multi-hued slightly glowing substance. "This is their blood?" It looked for all the world like some people had come here, captured and killed one or two of these creatures, and carried them back out. They'd have to carry them out, of course, because the only way out of here was deep, deep underwater. The way that, presumably, the Manatee came. "They're beautiful," Vega frowned, deeply. "Someone's come 'ere jus' to 'arm them. No one who does that is 'ungry. Why would people do that?" The only thing was, she truly couldn't work out what to do about it. So, she looked at him to see if he had any bright ideas.
word count: 772

Arlo Creede
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Eruptions

There was usually one surefire way to end a disagreement, with a few notable exceptions maybe, and that was a kiss out of nowhere. Arlo would claim that it was her that just couldn't resist him. But Vega knew as well as he did, that it was just as true in reverse.

She elbowed him for whispering in her ear, and he took hold of her elbow briefly and caressed it briefly though layers of cloth. Completely unapologetic, no doubt about it. She was right though. All those things left behind. Could be slaves or captives of some kind. Laborers working in lousy conditions. Or even pirates. Surely there wasn't a lot of traffic that went through a place as remote as this. The conditions hardly encouraged outings among tourists and bird watchers.

The closer they got though to the source of that noise, the more it changed. "Sounds a little like a cow back on the farm," he muttered, though it wasn't the sort of place you might find even a lone cow. The light reflecting up ahead and off the walls, well, something struck him as familiar about that. But before they got closer, Arlo couldn't quite put his finger on it. It took getting there first and the sight stopped him in his tracks as he lowered the bow in his hands.

The enormity of the lake was a wonder itself. But the points of light flickering across the surface of the water, the walls and ceilings? That was a real sight to see. It rivaled any number of things he'd seen up top. In all of his young life. "Manatees," he whispered, smiling and remembering back the last time he'd seen creatures like that. "I've seen some before, but the points of light were silver, like star shine." This was like star shine too, but comparatively speaking, it put normal starlight to shame.

He frowned though when he crouched down at the edge beside Vega, and ran a fingertip through the strange substance there. "Blood," he agreed quietly, and based on the nature of these creatures? Well, Arlo had hunted any number of things. But he'd never considered such a docile, trusting creature to be prey. Never craved their meat or coveted their hides. It made him angry that clearly, someone saw things differently. It was hard to imagine. A number of the creatures had floated closer to them both, and large, dark liquid brown eyes were watching them curiously.

"I don't know. Meat, the hides..the blood for maybe practicing alchemy or some superstition about healing powers." Who knew? The problem however? "Well there's lots of signs of people having done this. But we don't know who they are? So how can we stop them?" The other problem of course was that the creatures were so docile and trusting, and curious. It made them easy to kill in the extreme. And in a lake like this, they were just waiting to be picked off one by one.

The only thing he could think of, Arlo admitted, was to somehow convince the creatures to stop coming here. "They probably come in the first place, maybe, to have their young. It's isolated. And out in the open sea, there'd be sharks and other predators to watch for." Ironic really, the manatees might believe they'd found a safe and peaceful place, only to be discovered and hunted by men who'd kill and drag them away.
word count: 592
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Eruptions

"It's not fair, you know," she said as his hand gently caressed the elbow she was sure was going to dig right into his ribs until he did that. It wasn't fair, not at all. "I should be able to do the same back to you, you horrid, horrid boy." She smiled at him and bumped her shoulder against his. "But yer my horrid boy, so that's ok. " His appetites might have increased, certainly had in fact, but just a look from him and she was lost. Unless she was really angry and then he could look all he liked. Besides, Vega thought with a crooked smile at him, she had her ways with him and in those moments, he was as helpless as she was.

Still, it wasn't fair.

A cow, though? Vega looked at him and considered. When they'd visited Rharne, she'd been amazed by the land animals on his parents' farm and she nodded. "Yeah. Kind of." She grinned and pointed out the obvious truth. "I reckon I'm ready to be a farmer now, you know. I'd be dead good at it. Me an' my moo-cow" Nodding her head, her amusement was genuine, but turned quickly to amazement and delight as she looked around. "Oh, Arlo, it's beautiful. What're they called? Manatee?" She was mostly whispering and she turned to him with wide eyes. "Arlo, they're jus'... I've never seen anythin' like it. It's like a magic cave."

As they knelt, examining the blood she looked at him and shook her head. "I mean.. I know why, but I don't get it. It's like they're Xiur's children." Reaching her hand out she beamed as one of them sniffed at her hand and she reached out tentatively to stroke it. "Arlo... look. Oh, they're beautiful." Delighted eyes turned to him and Vega grinned. Her expression turned more somber, though, when he didn't have a sudden solution. "I think we can do somethin'," she said and she looked around and then nodded, firmly. "We should dedicate this place to Xiur, an' U'frek. I dunno if it'll make a difference, but it's got more chance of makin' one if we do it than if we don't. These are beautiful creatures of dusk, an' starlight an' they're here in U'frek's waters. Lets ask them to protect 'em an' then trust that they will. So, if you're listenin', either or both of you," Vega never really had mastered the art of praying, but Xiur didn't seem to mind. "Could we dedicate this place, an' these creatures within it, to you for your protection? Don't let the 'unters get them, it's not good. Thanks." She spoke to the Immortal in the way that she spoke to anyone else and then, when he'd done whatever he wanted to do regarding U'frek, if anything, Vega got back to staring around the place whilst still fussing the Manatees. "A'right, well I'd stay here all trial an' just be amazed at this place. Do you wanna make a move back?" It was beautiful here and the colours reflecting and bouncing were just wonderful. She grinned at Arlo and spoke on a whim. "I'd never 'ave seen all these wonders if I wasn't with you, an' if I did, they wouldn't be as wonderful." It was romantic, she knew, so she made sure to follow it up. "It almost makes up fer your poor people skills an' limited personal hygiene." Yes, safe distance was necessary and she was pleased to be some feet away from him when she said that.
word count: 630

Muse
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Eruptions

Your review is ready!
You all cover a lot of things in this thread, from sailing to reading to manatees to Immortals, all with your usual undertones of wit and mushiness ... well, that's not the right word, but you know what I mean. Poor little dudes, those manatees.

Arlo

XP:
15 | These points cannot be used for magic.

Renown:
N/A

Loot

N/A

Injuries + Overstepping

N/A

Knowledge

Skill Knowledge:
Detection: Noticing important details in caves
Detection: Determining sounds in echoes
Discipline: Not giving in to temptation
Investigation: Piecing together clues from an abandoned camp
Navigation: Tools and equipment help
Navigation: Compass Roses
Navigation: True north and magnetic north
Navigation: Calculating time for a journey
Seafaring: Mizzenmast
Seafaring: Mizzen gaff also called a spanker
Seafaring: Heaving to requires balancing out the sails
Seafaring: Heaving to is good for stopping at sea
Seafaring: Slowing using the wind allows more fine control

Other Knowledge:
N/A
Vega

XP:
15 | These points cannot be used for magic.

Renown:
N/A

Loot

N/A

Injuries + Overstepping

N/A

Knowledge

Skill Knowledge:
Detection: Noticing important details in caves
Detection: Determining sounds in echoes
Navigation: Tools and equipment help
Navigation: Compass Roses
Navigation: True north and magnetic north
Navigation: Calculating time for a journey
Seafaring: Mizzenmast
Seafaring: Mizzen gaff also called a spanker
Seafaring: Heaving to requires balancing out the sails
Seafaring: Heaving to is good for stopping at sea
Seafaring: Slowing and stopping using the wind.
Seafaring: Slowing using the wind allows more fine control

Other Knowledge:
N/A
If you've got a question or concern or if I've missed anything, don't hesitate to PM me!

Now that your review is complete,
don’t forget go back to your review post here and drop this image in!
Reviewed ByImage
Muse
[/center]

Code: Select all

[center][style3=max-width:200px; margin:0px auto; padding:3px 5px; text-weight:bold; font-size:1em; line-height:1em; color:#EFEFEF;][googlefont=Almendra SC][align=left]Reviewed By[img]/gallery/image.php?album_id=500&image_id=13200[/img][/align][align=right]Muse[/align][/googlefont][/style3][/center]
word count: 353
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Surrounding Waters & Landmarks”