Holiday Event 717 - Sintih

A settlement east of Rynmere across a stretch of water called 'the eastern trench' broken into three regions: Welles, Oakleigh, and Berwick.
Nymph
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: 0
Office
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Holiday Event 717 - Sintih

Holiday Event Notice
This post was provided to you because you are participating in the holiday event. In this post, you will receive your gift whether you reply to this thread or not. You are welcome to reply to the post to react to your gift if it is a new thread, and it is encouraged; however, skill points will not be awarded for this thread. There will only be one post from Saoire. As a gift, everyone that participated will receive the same knowledges as provided. You are receiving the following:

GIFT ITEMS
  • Three thick tomes. The inside of each has thick and strong quality paper used for the pages, and was written in an immaculate handwriting of a dedicated monk who copied all of these books tirelessly, in an effort to restore them to a former glory –and one tome was translated to Common. They appear to have been rebound in their original cover. Over the leather cover, there is a glossy removable cover of colored parchment. See post.

Romance for Dummies
When the parchment cover is removed, the title reads "Rynmere: a history." A thick tome written by a famous scholar. It is bound in brown leather, which feels rather rough to the touch. Under the title, the emblem of Rynmere has been engraved with gold ink. The book describes the rise of Rynmere as a nation, going in great detail about the many battles to defend the new state from attackers, as well as painting a vivid picture of how the many majestic buildings came to be. It also goes in depth in outlining the lineage of the Seven Great Noble Houses, though the information hasn’t been up to date for about a decade.

1001 Misdeeds Resulting in being Court Marshalled
When the parchment cover is removed, the title reads "Elegant Warfare". An old tome written by a warlord turned philosopher. The cover is red leather, and the title is pressed into it without much flourish or eye for aesthetics. During the early chapters book itself contemplates the meaning and consequences of war, as well as the many reasons one can be started, in addition to the logistics of it. Then it goes into detail about strategies and battle tactics for different situations. All ideas presented in the book have ‘winning the battle before it has begun’ as underlying thought and recurring theme. There are chapters on what terrain to pick, the elements shaping the battlefield, slowing down and demoralizing the enemy before the actual battle takes place. There are chapters on sieges –both as the defending party and as the attacking one—and chapters on conquest of foreign lands.

How To Tame Your Noble
When the parchment cover is removed, the title reads "Languages through the ages". A tome bound in soft blue leather, the cover looks the most recent of the three books. The title was engraved into the leather with shiny metallic paint, and the pages are thick and of great quality paper. It describes the evolution of the different languages and dialects, as well as how different languages might –and have—influenced each other. The way it was written give off a vibe of immense snobbishness, making the attentive reader feel as if the book is constantly, though subtly patronizing them for not having known these things already.

Knowledges
  • Saoire: The Holiday Woman
  • Saoire: The Beauty of a Gift
  • Saoire: Wears Variable Holiday Crowns

"How do mortal students do it?" Saoire found herself murmuring to herself as she pulled the parcel up higher on her back. The brown paper had been placed carefully around the gifts by her little Emean helpers. The rope was criss-crossing the package with a long tail so that Saoire could carry it over her shoulder. She shifted the rope a little as it dug into the white fabric of her shoulder. She could have found it within her to slip through the area via a fracture door or as a floating wisp of glitter. Instead, with the parcel carried over her shoulder like a sack, Saoire found herself walking through the streets of Oakleigh.

Saoire was mainly ignored by the populace. Being hunched over made her look like she was working on this chilly afternoon. The snow on the ground hid the trail her presence would have normally created. Passing the bakeries hid the scent of cookies that would have normally passed from her skin. Soon she was on the doorstep. Looking around, Saoire found herself alone. It was perfect timing as she turned into dust. The golden ball whizzed up to the roof before zooming down the chimney and past the fire. In a cloud of gold shimmer, Saoire appeared before Sintih, standing tall with a brilliant smile.

"These tomes are you for you. I'm not sure if their titles are real, but they seem to be for someone with intellectual aptitude," she purred, handing over the books by their rope pulley. Once he took it, Saoire busied herself by investigating her sleeves until she found what she was looking for. She handed over the letter. "One last thing. A note from a friend."

While Sintih read what was written, Saoire tickled the side of her nose. Again, the fairy appeared in her place, floating around Sintih before dashing back up the chimney.

Zi'da 2nd Arc 717
Etzos

Dear Rathaan,

I hope you enjoy these gifts I got you. I am not very creative when it comes to these things, but I hope you like them all the same. It took me a while to get these finished on time, though it seems I needn't worry about the delivery, which is nice.

Anyways. I likely will not be responding to any letters sent my way, as I am currently away from Rynmere due to personal matters. I hope this will not take too long, but I suspect I will not be around for a couple seasons to come. I might stop by in Oakleigh before returning to Rynmere proper.

I will see you when I see you.

Love,
Saeri.

[/font]
word count: 1015
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be then me.

Return to “Eastern Settlement”