Skill Development Chat and Q&A

Use this thread to discuss skills, ask questions, and request support!

Submit your articles for Skill Development here.

Moderators: Maltruism, Rumour

Postby Rumour » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:43 pm

The purpose of this thread is to discuss any and all things related to skill development! This may include work that is in-progress or ready for review, questions that you may have for the Prophets and each other, and any more general comments or suggestions that you might have. I may also use this thread to post announcements, if anything comes up.

Feedback on individual skill write-ups should continue to be posted in the write-up thread for that skill.

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild
Rumour
Be bold.
Developer - Rank 3

Race: Prophet
Fame: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Medals: 15
Contributor of the Month (1) Guest on Live Chat! (1) World Developer (1) Artíst (1)
Mentor (1) Ambassador (1) Supporter (1) Alpha Testing (1)
Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1) Puppet Master (1) Lol Worthy (1)
Developer (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1) Crush The Reviews! 717 (1)

Postby Rumour » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:49 pm

I'll kick this off with a response I gave to a player about when the appropriate time is to take over the write-up for a skill that seems to have been abandoned. Here's what I said:

If you would like to take over a skill that seems to have been abandoned, please first reach out to one of the Skill Development mods. We'll check in with the player or staff member to see if they're still doing any work on the skill and/or if they're comfortable with the write-up moving to someone else. If we don't hear back from that player or staff member within a reasonable amount of time, or if they say that they're fine with the write-up being passed to someone else, we'll give you the go-ahead to take it over!

Cheers,
Ru

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild
Rumour
Be bold.
Developer - Rank 3

Race: Prophet
Fame: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Medals: 15
Contributor of the Month (1) Guest on Live Chat! (1) World Developer (1) Artíst (1)
Mentor (1) Ambassador (1) Supporter (1) Alpha Testing (1)
Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1) Puppet Master (1) Lol Worthy (1)
Developer (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1) Crush The Reviews! 717 (1)

Postby Faith » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:05 am

Who said it was futile?!

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Resistance is written up and I'd appreciate any and all feedback. I'm not sure that I'm 100% happy with it, to be honest. I feel like it needs to be more detail and yet, I've put everything in there that I can think should go.

Also - would appreciate feedback on the distinction between Resistance, Endurance and Discipline at the beginning. If that's agreed / approved, I wonder if it should be edited in to all three? Thanks!

~Faith.

PS: Also very much hoping some players might comment on Carpentry and Caregiving Thanks!
"To be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

Cally's Restaurant & Charity | Luna's Dream (Orphanage)
Faith
Mother-to-be

Race: Human
Profession: Chef / Professor
Fame: +941
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Medals: 45
Character of the Month (1) Contributor of the Month (1) Story of the Month (1) World Developer (1)
Helper (1) Peer Reviewer (1) Artíst (1) Painting With Words (1)
Shop Keeper (1) Mentor (1) Ambassador (1) Supporter (1)
Beta Bot (1) Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1) Living Legend (1)
Hallowed (1) Pioneer (1) Hoarder (1) First Love (1)
Bow Chicka Wow Wow (1) Right In The Feels (2) True Love (1) Married (1)
Changed (1) Starting A Family (1) Shopaholic (1) Scandalous (1)
Immortal Lover (1) Dreamer (1) Party Animal (1) Pen Pal (1)
Mailman (1) Legend In Waiting (1) Lol Worthy (1) Vhalar 716 (1)

Return to Skill Development