Noble Hearts

pretty at a ball.

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.

Moderators: Plague, Muse, Khymarah

Noble Hearts

Postby Alice Endor » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:42 am

70th Zi'da, 717Continued from here.

She watched him watch her, his eyes catching at her every curve and her smile grew wider.

"I know who you are," Alice said, admiring his tangle. A delicate wisp of curiosity, bright and golden; touching it, she strummed. The strands, spun fire and shinning, wiggled under her spell. They breached the depths, swimming in the shallows of his mind, weighing over the vibrancy of his thoughts. "The most beautiful of all the roses, right?" She laughed, crisp and clear as cold sunlight.

Her eyes flickered to the painting, "He's a talent. I mean, the king wouldn't have hired him otherwise," She encouraged the artist's discipline, her fingers lying on his shoulder, steeling his resolve. "But when has a painting ever done a Venora justice?"

"I'm Alice Endor," she sighed, like the name was a weight she'd be desperate to push off. "Bears. Can you believe it?" Alice asked, her voice echoing into the higher timbre of incredulity. "I tried desperately to have them change our coat-of-arms to anything else when I was younger. A horse, I asked. A willow tree, I begged. I even considered the mountains, once." She'd paused, taking another look at the portrait. "He is quite good at this," Alice allowed her lips to curl into a grin. "Isn't he?."

"And what about you, Lord Venora? Were you always proud to be a rose?"
Alice Endor
Approved Character

Race: Ithecal
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates

Noble Hearts

Postby Andráska Venora » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:06 am

70th Zi'da, 717Continued from here.
Alice was confident, there was no denying that.

In fact, she watched him without reproach, direct in her charms, “The most beautiful? Am I?” he laughed, “I’m sure my cousin would vehemently argue against that, but, I suppose he’s not much of a rose anymore.” An Oakleigh. Andraska had not given the power move much thought, as it confused him and seemed so… far away from his current focus. It suddenly occurred to him how much he missed Tristan and hoped that maybe he would see him later… But for now… a woman watched him and that was interesting enough.

The painter moved in quick strokes as Andras listened to Alice’s disappointment with her own house. “You don’t like bears? No, no…” he smiled, so curious he wanted to stand up. He almost did, but caught himself and gave an apologetic glance as he remained in his chair, “Bears are good. I would’ve appreciated that house more growing up…”

“With roses on all my things and a name like Andraska, I had more than a couple fights growing up with the other boys. I’m not sure things would’ve turned out quite the same had I been an intimidating bear. But I suppose a mountain isn’t so bad either…”

“When I was younger, I didn’t want to be a noble boy at all. I wanted to run around with the servants, and wrestle with the stable hands. They always had the best games, while I was forced into my lessons. Oh, I envied them.” His curiosity made him want to talk, to tell her things and to ask questions in kind. It was an interesting phenomenon, as he had been dreading the social event on the way there, “I envied the knights too, but then again,” he chuckled softly, remembering his time in the hand. He had wanted to become the Lord Commander. Such a far distant memory now, “I didn't know any better. Patrols in Saun, wearing full armor… There's not much worse.”

Andráska's green eyes had lightened up, feeling only a stray sense of melancholy before he shook it away just as fast and scooted forward in seat, “Would you like to dance? When I can move again, that is.”
Andráska Venora
Approved Character

Race: Human
Profession: Ouroboros Guard
Renown: +247
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Medals: 27
Reviewer's Choice (1) Peer Reviewer (1) Artíst (1) Painting With Words (1)
Vlogger Extraordinaire (1) Supporter (1) Alpha Testing (1) Beta Bot (1)
One Arc Later... (1) In Your Favor (1) Pioneer (1) Hoarder (1)
Bow Chicka Wow Wow (1) Right In The Feels (2) Changed (1) Drunkard (1)
Murderer (1) Scandalous (1) Stay High (1) Legend In Waiting (1)
Cheater (1) Survivor (1) Lol Worthy (1) Cylus 717 Thread Challenge (1)
Cylus 717 PC/Dev Challenge (1) Cylus 717 All Star (1)

Noble Hearts

Postby Alice Endor » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:01 pm

Her laugh echoed his; she smiled because he did and her voice matched the trickle-sweet baritone with shot brass and chimes. "And do you think I would win that debate?" Alice thought she would, but there wasn't a time she'd bet against herself. The scandalous Duke of Oakleigh was a rumored beauty, but even her imagination couldn't compare against Andráska Venora.

"It isn't that I don't like bears," She pursed her pink lips into a pout, dour with thought, "I just don't like the idea of being thought of as one, you see," she paused, a curated effect, her attention distracted by the pretty, cold yellow in his tangle. Curiosity, she'd found, was one of the easier emotions to strum. Naturally staying, and if pricked enough, Alice could make it into something more lasting. "Roses are pretty, although they carry thorns. The Scales weigh justice and and the Wolf is noble." Carefully, artfully, she navigated into his brilliant tangle, pushing aside dull colors for anything bright like attraction or happiness. If he felt nervous, she would make him bold. "And what is a bear? Besides strong? Angry and hairy and sleepy."

She wasn't being fair, and she knew it. Her parents, or her cousin, especially him, wouldn't have cared to hear her speak against their emblem.

"I envied boys, when I was younger," she offered him a softer smile, "I was bored to death by dresses and dolls. For all I wanted to discard the Bear, I wanted so desperately to be able to fight. Alice had fought a losing battle. She'd screamed and ran around the dinner table, butter knife in hand, demanding her release into the open fields at the valley below her mountains. "I think I wished to be a knight as well, but I suppose I made out in the end. Full armor in the heat of Saun sounds like torture."

The artist cleared his throat, a rough, slick sound. "My Lord, if you please, I have finished your portrait."

Alice clapped her hands, "Oh how very quick he is!" It was a delicate piece, pastels and light captured in a handsome face. The background bled with shadow and watercolor. She didn't know much about art, but she liked the painting and that was all that mattered. "I would love to dance, M'Lord. I would warn you I have been told I have two left feet. I hope a Knight such as yourself would be willing to brave the danger?" She smiled, a bastion of charm and play. This is the woman she would be tonight, for him.
Alice Endor
Approved Character

Race: Ithecal
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates

Noble Hearts

Postby Andráska Venora » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:46 pm

70th Zi'da, 717
"Scales? Thorns?"

Andraska cocked his head with a small shake of his head, "Bears are protective, powerful," he shrugged casually, "People forget roses have thorns, they don't forget bears have claws." On a wider focus, Endor represented their sigil well. Endor, if he remember correctly, supplied majority of weapons to Rynmere. Most definitely valuable in times of war or when in need of protection. He smiled, listening to how she wanted to fight and offered a laugh when she agreed that armor in Saun was not pleasant.

No... It really wasn't.

How many times had he almost passed out from the dual suns his first season as a Moseke Knight?

Before he could comment, the artist had finished and a wave of surprise rushed through him. That had been fast! The nobleman slid from his seat and rose to his full height, moving to look over the man's shoulder and peer down at the artwork. It was always so strange to look at representations of one self - it was through the eyes of another. Such color and mixed media, delicate and yet strong in the line work, "Is it vain to say I find it lovely?" he joked, patting the man good-naturedly on the shoulder, "Please, have it wrapped if you would."

Reaching into his pocket, he produced a handful of golden nel and slipped them into the hands of the artist, "A token of appreciation. Perhaps I shall recommend your work to the king?" This produced a bit of surprise to take the artist and fumbling over his words in gratitude, the Venora shook his hand and then looked back to the stunning woman.

"If I can survive up to this point, a few crushed toes shall be the least of my worries," he grinned and held out a hand, a bit excited in dancing with a woman. It had been awhile, and up close, he saw the variety of auburn flame to her hair. Quite lovely.

Pulling them both to the dance floor, he slipped his hand into hers, the other resting on the dip of her bodice as he turned towards her and the space closed between them, "So," he said, green eyes watching the curve of her lashes, "Is this party something you came to because you wished to, or because your family expected it of you?" 
Andráska Venora
Approved Character

Race: Human
Profession: Ouroboros Guard
Renown: +247
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Medals: 27
Reviewer's Choice (1) Peer Reviewer (1) Artíst (1) Painting With Words (1)
Vlogger Extraordinaire (1) Supporter (1) Alpha Testing (1) Beta Bot (1)
One Arc Later... (1) In Your Favor (1) Pioneer (1) Hoarder (1)
Bow Chicka Wow Wow (1) Right In The Feels (2) Changed (1) Drunkard (1)
Murderer (1) Scandalous (1) Stay High (1) Legend In Waiting (1)
Cheater (1) Survivor (1) Lol Worthy (1) Cylus 717 Thread Challenge (1)
Cylus 717 PC/Dev Challenge (1) Cylus 717 All Star (1)

Return to Andaris