• Solo • [M] The Clot Thickens

Bloody blood blood blood!

4th of Saun 716

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.
Vera
Race: Human
Profession: Webspinner
Renown: -47
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

[M] The Clot Thickens

4th of Saun 716, Early Morning

More.

More, more, more, more. Vera’s blessing had given her another gift as she sat upon her desk in intense introspection. It was as if Sintra’s mark was being demanding, a new development manifesting in her jaw, a peculiar feeling within her that told her that the anatomy inside had changed. It made her feel as if her humanity had somehow been perverted, not that it mattered, but there was a question. Should she bite and chase this so-called ‘Bite of the Spider’ and latch on, or should she stay back and lay in silence upon her web? The former called to her, and to her surprise, by her will, her incisors pushed out painlessly, ivory shaping itself, edges contracting into sharp, elongated fangs. This surprised her, and she let out a yelp, cupping her teeth at the sudden and unexpected sensation. Vera quite literally had the ‘Bite of the Spider’ now, and she poked one of those fangs hanging over her lower lip with her thumb. She drew blood, and curiously tasted it.

When that crimson hit her tongue, she found herself with a new pension for that salty, iron taste. She’d enjoyed the taste of her own blood before, but she could taste it more finely now, and it reacted with her taste buds in a severe way. Staring at the closed door to her office with a questioning glare, Vera swallowed that saliva and crimson and licked her lips, careful not to poke the fangs Sintra’s blessing had ‘rewarded’ her with. Licking the further blood off of her thumb, she sucked it gingerly and curiously, as if a newborn babe out of its element, curious and borne again. There’s more to this … I can feel it. Her mind went inward, and soon she found the curious desire to bite another individual and taste of their blood, and particularly she had an (un)willing test subject strapped to a bed in thick restraints right outside her office. It was too tempting to resist, she just had to explore this further.

Always cautious, Vera rose from her desk with her thumb still in her mouth, sucking on that puncture - it went pretty deep, after all. She underestimated how sharp her fangs were, those needle-like weapons. Certainly, these would come in handy on their own in the future. Cutting rope or ripping fabric? With ease!

Stepping up to her office door, she opened it with her free hand, covering her face to hide those fangs - wait, could she retract them? By concentration and force of will, they popped back up into her upper jaw and expanded, becoming normal, almost blunted incisors. Well, that answers that question. With nobody around, she darted across the hall with excitement and twisted the knob to the closet door where Jilkes lay, her perfect specimen for these past few days. His hoarse throat had practically gone out when he wailed for her to return incomprehensibly, and he simply moaned terrified, quiet whimpers at the evils in his head as Vera shut the door behind her, creeping forward.

Peering over his bandaged form with hungry, predatory eyes, the Webspinner savored this moment, willfully popping her fangs out after a fair bit of fidgeting within her mind to reach the required sensation and tug upon it. She leaned forward and ran her hands across the bare skin of his legs, underneath his gown as she mentally prepared herself for what she was about to do.

Just then, a warning thought crossed her mind; if she bit him, she’d leave bloody wounds. I have to hide the evidence! She glanced over at a nearby tray - Jilkes’ skin tore sometimes around his wrists during particularly violent fits, so there was healing balm, cotton puffs, and bandages sitting there on a tray among several other things. She pulled the dinky cart forward, it rattled but she slowed down, it was too late; Jilkes began to cry - the rattle, to him, was the sound of an encroaching monster near to his legs, and Vera was just out of sight, unspeaking and not there to calm him.

She leaned upward as he tensed in his bindings, looming over him as she had done fairly recently. “It’s okay, Jilkes. It’s all going to be okay. Calm...” She extended her aura out to him upon the utterance of that trigger word that she had conditioned him with prior, almost tasting his fear within her mind already. Her words hypnotically washed over him, digging into his mind as she planted that singular, repetitive suggestion into his mind; “calm, calm … calm down, Jilkes. Everything will be okay.” He glanced down at her teeth, eyes wide, mouth opening and closing as he was torn between surreal acceptance and absolute terror.

Satisfied that he would no longer struggle to the point of irritating her, Vera drew away and settled at the foot of the bed, kneeling down and moving her face close, pulling back his front-facing gown to access the leg restraint beneath it. She undid the buckle, tongue flicking from side-to-side within her mouth, eager to try something so tantalizing, and subsequently disturbed with herself at the same time. Wasn’t human blood diseased? Would it make her sick? The challenge of this was getting over that disgusting aspect of it, and trusting that Sintra would not give her such a desire without good reason.

Vera’s bloodied thumb had since coagulated into a smeared mess when both of her hands pinned that free leg down. The restraints had left a visible white mark from their tightness and prolonged exposure - the bite wouldn’t be discovered until it simply looked like an unusual bed sore. It seemed, to her, perfect. She could also treat it, so it healed faster. It was time to begin.

Opening her mouth vicariously, Vera drifted forward slowly, warm breath caressing the leg hair of this man stinking of sweat. This is so perverse, she thought to herself, but thrust that thought to the back of her mind and suddenly latched one of her fangs into his leg at an angle, feeling something strange and warm fill her body as that warm fluid trickled out beyond her single fang. It tasted good,but there was something more. She explored that act with her mind, but only found a half-baked modicum of power. I need my other fang inside him… She wriggled her jaw and pierced his skin with the other, and then focused on her fangs, and the blood, with her mind. Her tongue licked away her own drool, that leg held down firmly even as Jilkes attempted to kick it away, fears overcoming her magic. There was a monster chewing on his leg now, he just knew it. Some nightmarish beast, one that tortured him relentlessly!

Desire to keep going, to tip the glass, filled Vera as she held that leg down roughly, two arms bearing weight and painful teeth overtaking his strength. Her muscles strained, flexing against him as he bucked into her maw, driving her fangs slightly deeper. When this happened, together with her concentration, she received a single image - a terrifying, insanely complex amalgam of monsters. An aberrant horror, an abomination of kaleidoscopic mutations and twisted deviancies. Taken aback, she pulled her fangs out as more of those images came flowing into her mind, absent-mindedly swallowing that liquid from another human being and sorting through the maze of horrors that awaited her.

The blood was warm and thick as it went down her throat, licking the dribble of it from her lips and slipping that tongue back inside. Every single drop carried memories and images, but she wondered if she could direct the information? She focused on the blood already inside her, but there were just unsettling monsters. These would surely haunt her nightmares for many nights to come. His blood was tainted with his condition, but surely there were useful memories within him? Could she fetter them out?

Blood seeped out of that wound and began to drip down his leg, but she leaned forward to lap it up before it could stain the mattress. I could have just used the cotton … what am I becoming? She sighed and returned her fangs to the holes carefully, not wishing to create brand new puncture wounds. There was something intimate about this to her as she reached out with her will, forcing more out of him as that blood carried with it memories from his mind. She pinged it with questions, as if searching. She focused on his family, particularly his mother.

After the gentle throbs of a steady, rising heartbeat against her fangs, the circulated blood from the brain reached her and carried with it the assorted information she sought. His leg kicked at her taloned grip, a collage of memories - sights, scents, sounds, sensations flooding into her as if she relived the fondest moments this man had. She shut her eyes, that image dancing across her mind’s eye as many things fell to the background.

Feasting and gulping down every frame of the scene, Vera pieced it together - Jilkes was playing with his mother, and her name was Abbera. She was singing to him underneath a tree.

My little son dropped,
he dropped,
an apple dropped on his head.

Her voice, how he remembered it … it was a good memory, and she’d stolen a copy of it. Satisfied, she plucked her fangs out before she could bleed the man dry, fangs snapping into the roof of her mouth by will. It was unusual to find sustenance through … human blood. There was no hunger, she was delightfully full, as if a spider that had suckled the fluids from caught and dissolved prey. Vera brought the healing balm over and dabbed it on with the brush that lay inside the jar after dabbing the blood away with cotton balls, leaving two fresh ones plugigng each wound as she redid the straps, covering up the pale, blue skin around those bite marks - Jilkes’ was slack. He’d passed out, presumably from blood loss and terror.

Curiously, her thumb didn’t hurt anymore, even her sprained ankle seemed to not complain any longer. She licked her thumb clear of the crusted red and found clear skin beneath, not even a scar. It heals! This - this was exhilarating! Praise be to my mother Sintra for this gift. I will use it well. Such a world of possibilities... If she knew the right information to chase, she could extract information from her victims now. The challenge, however, was not being caught … that would be difficult.

She tested her ankle on the ground, her sprained tendons were definitely strengthened by the blood she had devoured. In fact, she had a fair amount of energy flowing through her. Ailments and small maladies she didn’t even know she had were washed away by the crimson tide, leaving her feeling invigorated. She could get used to this.

Putting the used medicine away, Vera returned everything to normal to hide the evidence that she had been here and tampered with the supplies - someone might notice the cotton balls were missing, but it was unlikely anyone would remove the man from his bindings. She pressed her ear near to his nose and felt up his neck, hearing his breath and feeling his heartbeat. Assured that he wasn’t dying from his charitable donation of blood, Vera stood up and smiled warmly at him. Such a useful little tool you are, Jilkes. What will I do when I see you go? Perhaps I should arrange for another somehow… It was tempting, to her, to smash the skull of a man in just the right way to knock him insane, but well beyond her skillset.

I’ll just have to make do with what I receive. Oh, Vera, the spoiled child, gorged on the blood of the living.
word count: 2010
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

[M] The Clot Thickens

Vera

Points!:

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 0/ 5 (solo thread)
Structure: 5/ 5
Knowledge:

Bite of the Spider: Controlling how to contract your fangs
Bite of the Spider: Blood heals
Jilkes: Your specimin / victim
Torture: Tight restraints
Deception: making bites look like sores

Loot:
none.
Fame:
-2 (acts of magic), -2(witness to act of cruelty), -1 bad deed (having a guy tied up), -1 bad deed (drinking his blood!), -2 breaking city laws. Total: -8

Overview:

General comments.
Story This was an interesting and, in places, disturbing story. Considering the nature of it, I wonder whether it would have been better placed in the adult forum? I tend to err on the side of caution in that sort of thing. A few times I got a little confused in terms of the background for your victim etc, has he been in other threads too? I liked that there was internal dialogue and that Vera herself seemed, in places, a little reticent to fully explore her new ability. More of that would be great to see as hearing about her thoughts and feelings as she performs these acts really bring her to life! Also, as I said, I would have really liked to see some more information on Jilkes - who is he? where did he come from? I'd have been interested to read how and when Vera conditioned him?
Structure Be careful of spelling errors that spellcheck doesn't catch - like 'pension' where I think you mean 'penchant' and "borne"? Happens to us all that one! Also consider the words you use - I'm not sure that 'vicariously' is the best word for Vera opening her mouth, for example. Another proof read should deal with that.

As always, please PM me if you have any questions!
word count: 297
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Andaris”