• Completed • Not Every Lesson Is In Fighting

First thread hype yay

1st of Saun 716

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.
Aeon
Race: Human
Profession: Hero :|
Renown: 183
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Not Every Lesson Is In Fighting

1st of Saun, arc 716.
The Sun hadn't risen completely, and Aeon was already training. His brain wasn't really awake, but with his muscle memory, he exercised the same way he did any other morning. Before he went to the training grounds, he ran around around the streets for half a break, and stretched out. Then, on the training grounds, he was still holding onto the thought that there was no need to practice with a bow, or shield, just yet. Not until he was good enough with a Longsword, he told himself. Like any other day, he took his time to sharpen Talon in between some exercises. This was his routine for some time, and yet he never quite liked it. He did it, because it was the most effective, but he never liked it. Aeon never understood the need to wait until the rank of sergeant to begin training with a Volareon, it never made sense to him, but after he had asked and been rejected about it by his superiors, he stopped bringing it up in conversations, and he kept it to his mind. In fact, he kept it so deep in his mind, that when he thought about it, the real world seemed to disappear, and everything he was doing would go on into his subconsciousness. And just like that, another person had approached him, while he kept endlessly practicing random stances. It took Aeon a few moments to realize that the man was speaking to him, and as he popped his thought bubble, he replied.
"Uhh, I'm sorry, you were saying?", Aeon put his sword down, as he wiped the sweat from his forehead, and looked at the man with long dark hair, who looked old for a squire. Aeon wondered if he could've been a sergeant, or even major, and if yes, why would he be approaching a squire. His mind was filled with many thoughts, but the ones that were dominant were suggesting he was doing something badly.
"Indeed I was.." the man replied, with a calm tone of voice, and an honest smile, he seemed like a good person, or he was an even better actor. "Considering you only seem to be wasting time here, I was wondering if you could do an errand for me?", Aeon wasn't expecting something like this, and the first part of the man's sentence really shocked him. He wondered how the man knew he wasn't paying attention to training, and even more, what this errand could be. He didn't even know what to think of the man, considering he wasn't wearing any armor, only a long black coat, but he did have a sword, attached to him, and a finely crafted one at that. If he was to follow the man's instructions, it could turn out that he wasn't even in the Iron Hand, and that he made Aeon leave his training, but if he didn't, and the man turned out to be a high ranked officer in the military, then Aeon would most likely be in trouble.
"Alright, what errand do you want me to do, I mean I shouldn't leave the training grounds in the middle of my training without a good reason, sir.", he definitely had no clue how to address the man, considering he didn't know his status or rank, nor his name. Aeon still, with all of that lack of information, decided to do the task the man asked of him, because his instincts told him to trust him. And even if they hadn't, he most likely would have listened to the man anyway.
"Oh, look at me, I'm growing old, I even forgot to introduce myself. I’m Ryqos, the colonel of the Skyriders, and you are?” without giving Aeon a chance to asnwer the question, Ryqos cleared the dust from his coat’s sleeve, looked towards the rising Sun and kept talking. ”I’d like you to return this to a certain man at Ye Old Inn.”, he said, while tossing a golden coin towards Aeon. He reacted fast enough to just barely catch the coin before it fell to the ground. Aeon didn’t know what to think of this, why would a colonel be asking him to return a gold nel to some individual at an Inn.
“I.. I’m Aeon, an airman, sir.”Aeon managed to mumble after catching the coin. “Of course, sir, what man would I be looking for?”, he continued, because it would be desobidience to not follow an order from a higher ranking officer, even if the order was so ridiculous. Aeon had been to the Inn on multiple occassions, never really staying for long, but he knew what kind of people hung out there most of the time.
“Well, that is rather clear, ain’t it?” the colonel laughed, and kept looking at the Sun, as if he was expecting something to come from that direction, and resumed: “Not a man, young squire, a woman, you’ll surely recognise her there. And may I suggest not wearing your army tunic? There are people in the streets who aren’t so fond of our organisation.” Aeon didn’t know how to reply to this, so he just nodded, took his sword and left. While walking, he took the army tunic off, and was left in a plain white shirt, along with leather pants he had on previously. He had no clue what person he was looking for, and what was the coin for, but he was going to complete this unimportant mission, even if it costed him his life. That’s what knights do, right?
Last edited by Aeon on Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 959
ImageImage
"A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down"
Aeon
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

He'd been walking for some time now, and he felt he was close to the Inn, though his mind was filled with thoughts like what would happen if he didn't find the woman. Aeon had no clue still why was he doing this, nor whom the woman was, and it was bothering him very much. He saw the Inn only a dozen meters away from him, yet for some reason, he slowed down. It was like he was scared to go in, scared that he would fail the colonel if he went in, somehow. He didn't allow the fear to control him, though, so he just opened the door and walked in, to see a strange sight. There were only a couple of people there, at a single table, and another person in a cloak with a hood over his face in the corner. Aeon clearly stood out from all of them, as he was the only person without facial hair, or that was even relatively young. No woman anywhere though. He walked over to the man behind the counter, who was washing some dishes. He didn't seem friendly, in fact, his face looked like he wanted to kill every person in the room. He must have hated his job.
"I'm sorry, but have you seen a woman here recently?" Aeon asked the grumpy bartender. His eyes were as dark as the night, just like his hair, and he looked like the exact opposite of Aeon. While the boy was decorated by a warm smile across his face, along with his sparkly eyes and blond hair, the older man seemed dead, with a black beard and some black messy hair still remaining on his head. Long years he spent working here, that was sure.
" I 'aven't, but that fella'r over there sure has.", he said, pointing at the creepy looking hooded man sitting in the corner. It was strange to Aeon that that person had anything to do with his mission, but he decided to listen to the grumpy old man, he surely knew something. The closer Aeon got to the hooded man, the more he looked like a drunkard, even criminal, or worse. In Aeon's mind this could've only turned out badly.
"Excuse me, sir, but I was told to return something to a woman, sitting in this Inn, an' the man over there pointed me this way, do you know something about the person I'm looking for?", the hooded man didn't seem to notice that there was someone else at his table, all he did was stare at the full mug of ale resting before him, but just at the second when Aeon wanted to speak again, the man sitting in front of him let out a sound, something close to a cough, but not completely, and started talking.
"So kid, have you got it with you? The coin?" his voice was nothing even remotely close to what Aeon imagined it would be, it was even warm. He didn't sound like a criminal, and certainly not like a drunkard, but his voice sounded incredibly familiar to Aeon for some reason, and he had no clue why. Aeon took out the coin from the pocket in his pants, and just as he was about to speak, the man raised his hands and removed his hood. Incredibly surprised, Aeon dropped the coin on the ground, and opened his mouth as he wanted to say something, but no words came out. The man under the hood, it was the colonel, the man who gave him the mission in the first place. What was that supposed to mean? "You do know that riding a horse will get you somewhere faster than walking?" he laughed, while Aeon regained his ability to speak.
"I'm sorry but.. why.. how.. why did you tell me to bring the coin here, if you were going here anyway, sir?" it didn't add up in his mind, the man must have been playing him somehow, for some reason, and yet Aeon had no idea why, nor how, nor what was this supposed to mean.
"It was a test, kid, multiple tests, to be precise." This information shocked Aeon out of this world, as he had no idea what kind of test it was, and did he pass? And how good did he even do? And why was he even being tested, by a colonel at that? "You didn't take the coin for yourself, or spend it, you passed." Aeon was relieved, but just what kind of test was that supposed to be? What was the man trying to teach him? "And yet you took off the only piece of clothing that gave you some authority, you were ashamed of your own organisation, or weren't proud of it enough to wear it's colors and emblems on you. You failed." Aeon wanted to protest this, to say how he was told to take it of, but then he realized that it was never an order, the man only suggested that he shouldn't wear it. He shouldn't have listened. It wasn't that he was ashamed of the Iron Hand, it was the fact that he wanted to leave a good impression on a high ranked officer.
"But.. why were you testing me, sir?" he needed to know. That was eating him from the inside, not knowing if he did something good or bad, or the man was just looking for entertainment. He was honestly frightened of what was about to come, having no clue what the man was going to do next, or even if the testing was over.
"Well, I test everyone I think is worthy of becoming my airman." He laughed once more, most likely at Aeon, for not realizing his intentions, like he was somehow supposed to know what was going on. "And who ever said that your tests were done, there is one more, now follow me", he said, lowering his voice and turning his smile into a serious expression, as he opened the door to he Inn, and walked out. Aeon ran out after him, only to see the man saddling his horse. Was he supposed to run after a man on a horse, no, no matter who the man was, even if he was the king himself, Aeon wouldn't do that. "Calm down kid, I'll go slowly, but I won't leave Lance here by himself."
word count: 1092
ImageImage
Aeon
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Aeon had been walking beside the horse for some time now, and the way it looked, they were going back to the training grounds. Why, he had no idea, why would the man lead him back to where his testing started, it made no sense, just like every other part of the colonel. Even if it didn't make sense though, Aeon decided that he wasn't going to fail this test, he was going to prove his worth to the high ranking officer, and perhaps even earn a reward of some sort. The man did say that the tests were about proving Aeon's worth as the man's airman.

"You know, you remind me a little bit of this man I used to know, back when I was closer to your age. I feel like you would've gotten along with him very well." Ryqos said, looking down from his dark brown horse. He was smiling, but not honestly, or warmly, it was more of a pity smile, like he felt sorry for Aeon because of that fact, and yet Aeon couldn't even guess why would that be, or even was that the case. The most he could tell from the man's smile was that he didn't smile often, not nearly as much as Aeon, at least.

"What man?" he asked, looking towards the Sun that was shining bright behind the man, piercing through the clouds like there weren't any. He didn't know what kind of person Ryqos saw him as, so perhaps, if he was to tell Aeon a bit about the man, perhaps Aeon could reveal what he needed to do to impress Ryqos. The man on the horse didn't answer, though, he just kept going forward, until they got to the training grounds, at which point Ryqos got off his horse, tied it, and took out his sword. Aeon could understand what was going on, the final test, it was fighting.. wasn't it..

"Come on now, surely you're not foolish enough to attempt to fight a man twice your age, with three times your skill, are ya now?", Ryqos laughed, though not smiling after his laughter had ended, he seemed to be dead serious about it, even if neither of them were wearing any kind of armor. What was this test? Aeon had no clue whether to draw his sword or not, and whether to fight the colonel or not.. After a few trills of considering his options, Aeon took out his sword, and readied himself for a full-on battle, though the man standing in front of him obviously had some different intentions. He sheathed his blade, and walked back towards the horse.

"Sir? I thought.. what..", with no clue what was happening, Aeon mumbled, and expected a reply from the man, but it never came. He just jumped back on his horse, and started slowly riding away. For some reason, Aeon followed him, constantly expecting some kind of response, considering he had absolutely no idea what had just happened. Was the test over? Did he fail? What was the test even? His head was hurting from all the unanswered questions in his mind, and it was hard to believe that it was all over just like that.

"Me..", Ryqos said, not looking back towards Aeon, but just speeding up his pace on the horse, his cloak was now dancing in the wind. "you remind me of me, when I was younger. Now, I'll be expecting to see you here tomorrow, Aeon the airman.." he finally replied, and rode away with the speed that Aeon couldn't match just by running. He still had no clue what was the test, nor did he pass it, but he believed that he did good. Only, why was he supposed to meet the colonel here, what was here, Aeon wondered. It didn't take him long to realize, though, all it took was for him to look around. It was the Skye Verath Lodge, the home for the Volareon and Jacadon, he wasn't supposed to go there, not until he was a Sergeant.. unless he was going to work there.. perhaps that was what the man wanted him to do.. work there?
word count: 715
ImageImage
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: -1000
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

CASSANDER
King of Rynmere

Aeon

Knowledge:
Basic
Etiquette: If in doubt, be polite
Mount: Horses are faster than people
Stealth: Remove uniform to blend in
Ryqos: Tests all his Airmen
Specific
Investigation: Question the locals for information

Loot: 1gn
Injuries: n/a
Fame: n/a

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 0/5
Structure: 5/5

Comment: Tricky to read in the first two posts because there were no indents or spaces between paragraphs. I really didn’t know what to expect when I started reading this, but I love where you took the story and the lesson Aeon’s teacher shared with him. Great little thread, enjoy the rewards!

word count: 119
A N D I T' S A L L J U S T S M A L L S T U F F, B A B Y.
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Andaris”