• Solo • Professor Peake

Peake is sent to the school to inspire teenagers.

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.

Moderators: Basilisk, Pegasus, Plague

• Solo • Professor Peake

Postby Peake » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:28 pm

1st of Ymiden, 716

Contrary to popular belief, Peake was an educated man. Perhaps his antics, his way of communicating, or his brash attitude often said otherwise, but he had spent quite a while hidden between mountains of books. In fact, most of his youth was focused on letters and numbers that prepared him for all the responsibility he holds as the oldest heir of the new noble generation. Beside the mandatory educations, which for him also meant extracurricular lessons with various tutors and very limited vacations, if any. Once that period of his life was complete, his hardships only increased as his schedule was split between squiring for the Moseke Knights and his university studies, both of which were finished with academic excellence. However, that was arcs back, memories of the past, which somewhat brought a melancholic air to the nobleman.

Today was an interesting day. Peake had been demanded in one of the classrooms of the Andaris’ school so that he could tutor the upcoming graduates about all the possible paths they could take once their period of mandatory education finished. The school year was almost over, only a few dozen trials before these students officially became a part of Rynmere’s society. Peake had been assigned the last three breaks, in which he was to offer his experience to the new generations. Someone must’ve thought that he was a good pick for such a task, reason why both the King, his father, and the principal of the school had flooded him with letters. Peake, although joyous to be excused from work, was not entirely enthusiastic about spending three breaks locked in a room full of teenagers. If only he was locked in a room full of prostitutes, nothing would escape his bearded mouth save perhaps moans and chuckles. The sacrifices he had to make…

The teacher spoke something and pointed towards the gigantic nobleman, whose eyes wandered somewhere on the ceiling as the fantasy involving a room full of prostitutes had dragged him into a state of daydreaming. The students, sitting on their desks with their boredom mirroring Peake’s, pretended to listen to their teacher’s annoying speech, surely fantasizing about the three breaks they’d spend with the stranger that didn’t include any books or studies.

“Well, that’s about it. Remember to be respectful at all times with Mister Andaris here, as he’s surely very busy.” The teacher giggled and touched Peake’s arm, the man looking down at her and immediately detecting the sexual tension the female experienced before him. Maybe they’d meet later in the bathrooms to resolve it.
The teacher left the room and closed the door behind her, leaving Peake trapped in the classroom with all eyes fixed on him. It was awkward to feel like the teacher, especially since Peake had hated his teachers with passion from as far as he could remember. Sighing, Peake looked around the room with complete apathy, his expression quite similar to those of men forced to pick cutlery with their annoying wives. The silence was tense and awkward, nobody really moving, nobody coughing, nor anyone sure of exactly what to do. At last, Peake smacked his lips before he headed towards the teacher’s desk and sat on top of it, his feet raising and resting on one of the student’s desks before they were crossed. A yawn escaped him.

“I’m Peake Maxos Andaris, as that pretty teacher of yours told you. I’m currently part of the Ouroboro Guard, although I was with the Iron Hand before that. I’m currently in the process of assuming one of the three baronies of Andaris, and I’m here to answer any questions you may have about your future within the Kingdom of Rynmere. We’re going to be here for three breaks, so don’t be shy. I don’t bite.”

A few of the students shot glances to one another, the stiffness due to the Peake’s new presence and somewhat intimidating presence being hard to fight for most of them. At the lack of any major movements within the class, Peake groaned as he stood up and started walking between the individual desks as if surveying the scene. Whenever he was nearby, the students went completely stiff, even stopping their breathing as they feared attracting the nobleman’s attentions. One of the students, however, didn’t seem to very attentive to Peake’s movements, as instead he was drawing something on a piece of paper. Peake took the paper and looked at the poor drawing with a skeptic expression.

“What’s this supposed to be?”

“A Jacadon.” Said the student.

Peake laughed, amused, as he showed the drawing to the rest of the classroom. A blind man could’ve drawn it better. “Look at this. This little asshole didn’t even try.”

The classroom laughed, somewhat hesitantly at first, but their teenage hormones were clearly present and unafraid to mock someone else with all the meanness they could gather. The ice was broken.

Thanks to Lazuli for this amazing template!
Peake
Approved Character

Race: Human
Profession: A**hole
Renown: -60
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Medals: 13
Painting With Words (1) Ambassador (1) Alpha Testing (1) Beta Bot (1)
One Arc Later... (1) Pioneer (1) Bow Chicka Wow Wow (1) Call A Medic (1)
Keep it in the Family (1) Survivor (1) Lol Worthy (1) Ymiden 716 (1)
Idalos Awards 2016 (1)

Professor Peake

Postby Peake » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:25 am

The few laughters Peake managed to achieve from the teenagers filled him with determination. Just like they were somewhat distrustful towards the Royal Guard that was standing before them for some reason, Peake was distrustful of the boys and girls that gaped towards him with attention. Given that in his youth he and the few acquaintances that he possessed were terrors to any of the teachers and professors their last year of school, he was still paranoid of being the victim of some sort of attack. However, time seemed to have changed both the youthful Peake that was now a man, and the younger generations that were slightly less savage. This thought brought joy to Peake, and some faith in the future was immediately gained.

Returning to the front of the class, Peake offered a smile to the anxious teenagers that awaited the last breaks before their arcs of study concluded.
“Alright! Now that I know you have some emotion within you other than youthful lust and hormone-fueled anger towards the world, we can get properly started. As you know, I’m here to talk to you about the Iron Hand, which is the military force of the Kingdom of Rynmere. Truth is, the military is always in need for recruits, and now that you are soon to be released from these walls, you would make great candidates. So let me recite the mandatory speech they make me say before I give you my input. Afterwards, I’ll answer your questions.”

Silence. Either the twenty something students were listening, or they had fallen asleep with their eyes wide open. The second being the most likely, thought the nobleman.

“So yeah. The Iron Hand, blah blah, protects the Kingdom, blah blah, adventure, honor, duty and all that shite. I bet you’ve heard the story a hundred times, so I won’t bother trying to bore you to sleep. Let me speak from experience: my time as a squire taught me more about myself than any other experience in my life. Many of you have parents, duh, and thus you’ll most likely have begun to learn a craft if your parents have one. Others have already planned your life, saying to yourselves it will all start once you leave in a couple of breaks. And the rest are unsure as to what to do with your miserable teenager lives.”

Peake’s eyebrows rose, awaiting some sort of complaint. Nobody did, not only because his authority was absolute, but because he was right. He too was young once, even if most people believe he was born bearded. He too had been young, despite his youth being cut short as he was shot directly into adulthood by his father’s whims. Once you expeirnece something, it’s much easier to talk about it. For these kids, he could be a sort of savior.

“You were lied too. I bet your teachers told you that you’re not even in the prime of your life, that you have all the time in the world to find yourselves, to build your life… Its all bullshit. The truth is that, by the age of 30, you’ll all be dead. Which means the prime of your life was last arc.”

The kids glanced between each other, some scared, some skeptical, and some with a mixture of both emotions. Peake nodded.

“Yep. That’s the average lifespan of a human in the world. By that, it means that I have two more arcs before I fall dead in a ditch somewhere. As you see, I’m not panicked. I’m not afraid. You know why?” Peake pointed towards one of the students, whom gulped.
“Because you’re a Baron?”
“No. Try again.”
“Um… because… because you’re a Royal Guard.”
“No. Are you stupid, child? It’s because I know what I’ve done with my life, and I regret nothing.”

It was a lie, the last phrase. Peake lived with many regrets, many wounds and many scars that weren’t completely healed or forgiven. If he could go back to a younger age, he’d change many things, many times. However, he couldn’t let his bad experience numb his judgement: a white lie was needed to inspire these youngsters.

“Do not be afraid to die, no. Don’t be afraid to leave behind the world, your parents, your homes and your children, which you’ll most likely have. Most likely, you won’t be sad when the time comes. Do you know what the most popular question is before one passes out?” Peake pointed towards a youngster that had a confident smirk for a while now.
“Who’s the father?”

The class exploded in laughter, as did Peake. This child had future.
“Almost, but no. The question all of you will ask yourselves is: What do I regret not doing? Not having done something in your past is the worst you can do, even if you don’t realize it now. So you’ll regret not talking to that girl or that boy, you’ll regret not leaning over for a kiss… and, most likely, you’ll regret you didn’t pull out.” Another round of laughter. The classroom was gaining more interest in Peake, which made it easier to share his thoughts. “Joining the military will allow you for many chances in this life. The chance to improve both physically and mentally, to fight for something, to thump at your chest as you hand over your manhood towards the world and tell it to suck it. You’ll learn, you’ll suffer, but if you keep at it, you’ll come on top. Earn a knighthood, earn something worth mentioning. With each Knighthood, you get a few courses in the university. You get paid, you get protection… And for what? All you need to do is sign your name and present yourself in the fort. Don’t be fools – do not waste your youth.”

Peake, having used up his inspiring speech regained his usual smugness, sitting on top of the teacher’s desk quite ungracefully, legs wide open no matter if it was teenagers what he had in front. “As for you, girls… Well, you too can join, even if women are horrible fighters. Alas, it will be than ending up in a corner selling your rear for a couple of silvers. Much worse than swinging around a sword, is it?”

The girls in the class were obviously concerned, many of them shocked to realize that even their teacher was speaking of a possible career in prostitution. Peake scouted around the class, laying eyes on a rather panicked girl, which was unfortunately disgraced once her puberty came. Puberty sometimes improved one’s life by making it smarter, focused and beautiful. For this girl, puberty had brought excessive acne, greasy hair, and a face that was easier described as disgusting rather than attempt to use kinder words to describe the severity of her curse. Peake, being a man that had no trouble speaking his mind, pointed towards her with disgust.

“Oh, you don’t worry, honey. Nobody is ever going to hire you – not with that face, anyway.”

Peake
Approved Character

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Idalos Awards 2016 (1)

Professor Peake

Postby Peake » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:16 pm

“Enough about random chatter from an old man. Fuck, I’m going to bore myself if I keep talking about all this shite. I was supposed to say that because that’s what the recruiting guide says.” That being said, the armored nobleman headed back to the teacher’s desk, where he comfortably leaned back and dropped his stiff presence. Instead, he focused on attracting the gazes of the students and doing his best to transmit comfort instead of tension, laziness instead of responsibility. Nobody wanted to hear how much work they had to do for the next 50 arcs before they died.
“Let me tell you, instead, about all the things that wait for you out there. So much romance and laughter is out there waiting for you that its almost a sin to keep you here right now. All the women you’ll fuck, all the meals you’ll taste, all the wine you’ll swallow… Today, in a free breaks, you will be free for the first time in your lives. Enjoy that freedom, and look inside you.” Pause, in which Peake looked around at the students. All these ‘motivational’ speeches were really good to capturing attention, apparently. If one created a business around motivational speeches, they would get rich. “Or inside the loins of a whore. That’s a useful place to look, too.”
The class exploded in laughter, Peake included. For once, his childish humor was met with laughter instead of death stares or shaken heads. “Hell, I’ve been looking there for the last twelve years and so far the only thing I’ve found are some dark spots that scratch. If you’re a bit luckier, you’ll find something less. HA!”

After the laughter died out, Peake began a slow walk around the classroom, slipping in between desks with arms folded and a thoughtful expression. It was almost like nostalgia or some sort of morose regret what he believed invaded him, perhaps simply feeling inadequate amidst the youth when he was so old himself. Perhaps not very old, but certainly old enough to sometimes sigh as he contemplated his life’s achievements. The more the paced around the classroom, the more he realized the students too shared this feeling: a sadness that loomed over the perhaps happiest day of their lives.

“One day you’ll wake up and you’ll find your bed colder than it’s ever been. No matter which whore you pick or how many cats you have, nothing will ever warm it like the touch of a loved one.” Began Peake at last, a bit sad to be speaking of family when he had none. “You know, the family you touch, kiss, and feed is not the only family you need. Sometimes, having someone and making that someone smile is all you really need. That one friend you fight day and night but always share a drink with, that is also a very powerful form of family. I happened to discover my kind of family when I joined the Iron Hand. I also discovered some new family when I joined the Treasury’s lines. Now, I’m finding family almost everywhere I look. The world is out there for the taking, kids, but sometimes you’ll feel afraid to reach out. Don’t be! Take life by the hair and put her on her knees! Fuck her with your will and sweat!”

A sigh escaped him as the few cores of laughter slowly extinguished themselves. It was boring to talk alone to some empty-headed, walking erections like these youths were. There were a few females, of course, but Peake’s mind automatically ignored them in his creation of inappropriate metaphors. Women couldn’t count, anyway.
“Alright, I’m done talking to you. All you do is stare back like some stupid sheep. Ask some questions or something, about whatever it is! Just say something!” Peake’s words were heard, but apparently ignored.
“What’s it like being a squire?” asked one of the boys from the back of the classroom.
“Well, its like being a student, but instead of carrying books you carry swords, and there’s a lot more fucking involved after classes.” Peake’s answer wasn’t exactly true, as intercourse within the barracks wasn’t exactly allowed, but he did have to recruit some of these students into the Iron Hand, so a white lie was not a big deal.
“How long until you get a knighthood?” Asked a round boy, surely used to eating sweets. His parents must be businessmen.
“It depends if you’re good. I’ve seen squires become knights in the lapse of a season. Then again, I’ve met squires that have never been knights. Most of them are either slow in the head or have some disease like enjoying the company of men. Most ranked officials, myself included, dislike those kind of inverted freaks. Next question!”
“What’s the King like?”

The question froze Peake on the spot as the youths began whispering amongst each other, either trying to predict their temporary teacher’s reaction, his answer, or are already making jokes about it. Peake sighed once more, almost eager to get this question out of the way.
“Lets just say,” began Peake, somewhat disgruntled. “The King would need to learn a few things from you lot.” The answer seemed enough, for the moment. In an attempt to steer the conversation to something not classified, Peake asked the next question. “What professions are you all interested in pursuing after?”

Many hands rose, just like many voices did. The eager ones shared their desires, some of them realistic and other altruistic. ‘Architect’, ‘jeweler!’, ‘Bartender!’ were amongst the answers. As Peake listened, he shook his head.
“Pfft! You’ll never be any of that, so give up!”

Peake
Approved Character

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Idalos Awards 2016 (1)

Professor Peake

Postby Peake » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:41 pm

“Or better yet, don’t give up! Become a squire! Learn discipline while you study, while you train for whatever dream you’re chasing. Learn from greater men and women, learn from what they know, and adjust your life with that knowledge! Don’t sit on your ass, waiting for someone to chase after your dreams for you – because nobody will! You’re young, you’re strong, and some of you are even pretty, so don’t wait for anything. Chase it!” If Peake kept talking as he was, he risked actually inspiring these youths. “One day, you’ll be given the chance to become a knight by earning a knighthood. Then, those of you that believe your life does not include service for your Kingdom can leave and leave the sword aside. Those of you that are brave enough will be given access to the university, to further study, and further make yourselves and your peers proud!”

Silence. Some of the students were so because they were a bit skeptical, others because they were motivated. Others were just apathetic to it all. Peake remained silent to see if his words sank onto the stubborn, hormone-filled minds of what he considered his students. ‘Hormones’, thought Peake, as he finally decided to change the subject.
“Enough about that. Enough about everything, I say!” Peake chuckled as he once again made himself comfortable by leaning back against the teacher’s desk. “Did you know that, before the great educational reform of the 566th arc, teachers would call every student and explain to them, one-on-one, the lesson they taught? The rest of the students were usually excused, and most of them came to school perhaps for only 30 breaks per season. This was very costly for the Kingdom, and quite useless too, as nothing really stuck in the students’ heads. Thankfully, this is no more, as having to explain all this to you, one-by-one, would’ve the same as crafting my own noose.”
None of the students said a word. It wasn’t a question, anyway.
“Let’s talk about sex, since that’s the only thing you’re thinking about.” Peake rose his brow. “Am I correct?”
Again, silence. Many snickers spread around, however, and the interest of the students grew exponentially.
“Especially for us boys, fantasizing about sex is mandatory. Some of you boys look like you’ve yet to have a pretty girl with full lips and perky breast drain your eager cocks. Well, as we have some time, I’ll give you some tips and tricks to get laid. With some good fortune, you can all go home with a wider grin.” Peake laughed heartily. “Alright! What’s the most difficult part of getting a woman?” Peake pointed towards one of the students in the front row, a very shy boy that was as red as a tomato.
“Umm… talking to her?” Said the boy.
“I mean,” Peake sighed. “Yeah, sure, whatever. Talking to a girl is hard, especially when she’s pretty and you seem to have escaped the nearest morgue. There’s a trick to it, though. Can you tell me what that trick is, boy?”
“Umm… being rich?” Replied the boy, to which the classroom exploded in laughter.
“Yes!” Peake laughed. These boys were sharper than he expected. “Being rich can definitely help. Those of you that lack coin, however, should make it up in confidence. Confidence, boys and girls, is what tells you whom you should pick. You know those people that don’t dare look someone else in the eyes. You notice them, and their fear, almost immediately. And you ignore them. You don’t ignore a man – or woman – that stands up straight and looks in your eyes without any fear, though. That’s what you need.”
The students seemed to have understood, although only half the lesson. ‘Be confident’ was something one engraved on a wall, something meaningful without an example.
“Ugh. I suppose I can give you an example.” Peake fondled his beard for some inspiration power. “You could approach a pretty girl and say ‘Hey!’, ‘What’s your name?’, ‘Would you like something to drink?’ and such.” Pause. “Then you go ‘What sound will you make when my cock shatters you in half!?’ and she’s yours!”
Another round of laughter. The joy of the last day of class was well spent.
“Fuck all you can while you’re still young,” Peake added after the laughter was gone. “And if you’re approaching something that smells or looks weird, abstain. It’ll burn for many, many trials. Just make sure you pull out for the first couple of arcs, least you want to start a family right away and end up with a dozen children.”

The lewd lesson was interrupted, as instead the female teacher opened the door and entered the classroom. She scanned the good ambience, a bit surprise to find such high spirits from a recruitment exercise. Afterwards, she coyly looked towards the nobleman.
“Lord Andaris, I’m afraid your time is up. The representative of the Monastery will arrive any moment now.”
“Right, right.” Peake nodded. “Well, I’m done with these little shits. Remember kids: if you’re doing any orgies anytime soon, you better count me in.”

Between the laughter of the students, the lewd nobleman, and the obviously aroused teacher that chased after Peake’s trail, the recruitment exercise had finished. Some would join, some wouldn’t. Some would grow to be great men and great women, while others would grow into lives they did not quite wish for. Whatever the fate of the kids was, it was left in the hands of the world, for Peake’s were too busy grabbing the teacher’s bubbly rear. His only regret was that he had not the freedom to take it further, as he was an engaged man, which immediately remembered his redhead fiancé he had yet to bend over.

Soon.

Peake
Approved Character

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Idalos Awards 2016 (1)

Professor Peake

Postby Kingdom » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:46 am

Peake

Knowledge:
Seduction: Size matters
Teenagers: Full of hormones
The Iron Hand: Rynmere’s military force
Teaching: Be truthful, know the facts
Knights: Generally don’t live beyond 30 years
Philosophy: Live a life without regrets
Philosophy: Family isn’t always family
King Cassander: Has a lot to learn
Philosophy: Chase your dreams, make them a reality
Teaching: Sex education
Peake: Class clown

Loot: n/a
Injuries: n/a
Fame:
-1: Embarrassing a boy in front of the class
+1: Promoting the Iron Hand
-1: Insulted the female students
-1: Insulted the whole class

Story: 4/5
Collaboration: 0/5
Structure: 5/5

Comment: For structure just some small things like missing words that could easily be picked up with a read through. The thread was tricky to read without spacing, but the indents made it so much clearer in the final post! I am really excited to see more writers on ST using that tab code. The story wasn’t to my tastes but it was a story! It flowed well and did some good recruiting for the Iron Hand. I would try to tone down the shock value a little bit and try to write outside of Peake’s head, show don’t tell kind of thing (he is often thinking a lot which is hard to reward knowledge for).

The school year was almost over, only a few dozen trials before these students officially became a part of Rynmere’s society. (Haven’t decided when they break for end of year, but I think end of Vhalar before the cold season, have I put anything anywhere else that might clash with this? Just double checking before I make a note somewhere).
A N D I T' S A L L J U S T S M A L L S T U F F, B A B Y.
Kingdom
Prophet of Old

Race: Mer
Renown: -1000
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Medals: 21
Contributor of the Month (1) Guest on Live Chat! (1) World Developer (1) Artíst (1)
Painting With Words (1) Dungeon Master (1) Vlogger Extraordinaire (1) Mentor (1)
Ambassador (1) Supporter (1) Alpha Testing (1) Review Master (1)
Pioneer (1) Addict (1) Scandalous (1) Puppet Master (1)
Survivor (1) Holy Tax Accountant (1) Vhalar 716 (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1)
Winner Idalos Awards 2016 (1)

Return to Andaris