• Mature • The long dark

Malcolm

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.
Malcolm
Race: Naerikk
Renown: 179
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

The long dark

Malcolm hadn't recognised the Immortal's presence until she spoke, his senses dulled having been kept in the dark, putrid prison cell for so long. His body was wet with sweat and his breathing had become slow and shallow, but Pre was right, Elyna had given him something to fight for, this wound wouldn't kill him. He knew her voice without raising his gaze to meet hers, and no one else in the world had ever called him nephew. There was an initial sense of fear that spread through his form and twisted his insides, was he near death, was that why she had shown up a second time? This sensation soon passed as the woman spoke. Pre was different from her sister, he hoped this secret meeting wouldn't get her in trouble, but more than that, he hoped to live up to her expectations.
"I will do this for you Pre, if you will promise me one thing?" He knew he couldn't take Elyna away from Rynmere, knew that even if he asked her she would not be able to follow him. "Please watch over her..."

Their meeting was brief, interrupted by the heavy footfalls of a man and echoed by those of a woman. Pre pulled the guard into the cell and seemed to hypnotise him, allowing safe passage for both Malcolm and Elyna to leave the underground prison. Thankfully, Malcolm didn't have anything to pack, getting to his feet was hard enough. How was he to find these Mortalborn, he wondered, if they were anything like him, they too kept their abilities secret, if they had discovered them like he had.
"Elyna," Malcolm smiled softly, she had come back for him, she had kept her word, perhaps he could trust some of the mortals after all.
Last edited by Malcolm on Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 304
Elyna
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Official Troublemaker
Renown: 231
Character Sheet
Partner
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

The long dark

Ben had opted to remain outside the final door and encouraged they Skyrider to go ahead. He would wait, ready to help Malcolm if needed. Anticipation coiled in her stomach, desperate to see him freed and out in the sunshine again and dreading the intervention of fate, because surely something would stop this from happening. The world was cruel, she knew this. The noblewoman had been taught the lesson, over and over again; whipped with it till her heart bled. Wrapped up in her foolish excitement she was caught by surprise by Daven’s shove. Thrown against the wall she dropped, disorientated for a moment, watching the scene unfold.

The Immortal, Pre was back. Her heart almost stopped beating and she remained, sat where she’d fallen, head lent against back against the cold sandstone. She hardly dared to look at Malcolm, eyes fixed on the Immortal. Daven gave his agreement and left them alone in the dark again. But it wasn’t so dark, and the air was sweeter. Elyna found her feet again, brushing dirt from her legs as she did so. Unsteady she advanced when she was summoned. She considered her fear of the Immortal to be reasonable, and possibly the only sensible thing she was capable of. She curled her hand around the bar once more to steady herself and forced herself to look up into the endless green gaze.

“Yes Great Lady?”

She heard her name on Malcolms lips and straightened a little, feeling a twinge of pain down her spine and along her side. Stupid guard.
word count: 262
Jade
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Profession: Prophet
Renown: 0
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

The long dark

Before the excitement had begun, Pre could only nod at Malcolm’s request. She couldn’t speak to him about the plans she had, about what would become of the mortal woman he loved enough to break a divine curse. Pre would indeed watch over Elyna Burhan, but for entirely different reasons…

As Pre fixed her eyes on the mortal woman, she realized how truly intimidated she was. Slowly, Pre suppressed her power enough so that she ceased glowing all together and appeared just as any regular human would, thinking this would calm the woman a bit.

“Please, don’t be frightened.” Raising her hands up, Pre stepped forward and motioned for Elyna to come closer. When she would work up the courage to do so, Pre would rest her hands on the mortal’s cheeks and smile.

“Thank you, Elyna. You’ve made your decision to help my nephew and for that, I am truly thankful. The curse his father bestowed on him has lifted and now, he is as I needed him to be. For your deeds, you’ve gained my favor. Something that is not so easily done… And so,” Closing her eyes, her fingers pressed into Elyna’s skin as once again, her veins lit up, glowing blue with energy that seeped down to her fingertips, pushing into the mortal woman,”... I bestow upon you my mark of favor… Gwelliph. May you possess the foresight to see beyond lies, seek justice, and bestow truth and judgement when called upon… Wisely.” Her voice hinted as she opened her eyes once more.

Removing her hands, Pre looked upon the mortal as the mark formed, her brown eyes brightening to a hypnotic honey color, almost yellow, and beneath the mortal’s skin, her veins glowed golden, absorbed with energy that made her shine softly. Her fingertips and throat shined even brighter, aspects of the mark that would be used the most to cast her spells. Touch, voice, and eyes.

After a time, the mark slowly faded, however, a symbol lay upon the skin of Elyna’s forehead, a design that signified her allegiance to Pre.
Stepping back, Pre nodded to the both of them, “It is time I take my leave.” She told, her eyes turning to Malcolm. “Delay only as long as it takes you to heal…” Glancing back to Elyna, the darkness swallowed the Immortal as if the shadows of the room were devouring her before the two were left alone once again.
word count: 416
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”J.R.R. Tolkien
Jade
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Profession: Prophet
Renown: 0
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

The long dark

Well Earned Rewards

Persuasion + 2
Intimidation + 2
Medicine + 3
Surgery + 1

Basic Knowledge
Arena: A Place of Death
Malcolm: Knows Marcus Slept With Her
Malcolm: Loves You Even If He Doesn't Say It
Malcolm: Let Them Leave Him To Die
Malcolm: Yours His
Malcolm: Can't Keep His Hands Off You
Malcolm: Pregnant With His Child

Specialized Knowledge
Medicine: Use Water To Soften Caked Blood
Surgery: What Bad Stitching Looks Like
Medicine: Brandy Helps With Pain
Medicine: Changing Bandages
Pre: An Immotal Ally
Pre: A Frightening Friend

The Blessing of Gwelliph
The mark appears as a tattoo on the character's forehead, appearing in different colors depending on the individual. When the character is using the mark, their veins, eyes, hands, and throat begin to close the same color the mark is.

Abilities:

This Is The Truth (Minor)
The character must be looking directly at the individual when using this ability. Concentrating on the truth of the words, the Character forms their own truth by trying to manipulate the individual into doing what they say and ending it with, "This is the truth." If the character is successful in convincing the individual of their "truth", the individual will respond back by saying, "This is the truth." At this level, it is hard for the character to convince anyone of their "truths". It is recommended that characters start with small forms of manipulation such as, "You will unlock the door, this is the truth."

Hear No Evil
This ability allows the character to decypher what is the truth and what are lies when communicating with other individuals. Regardless of language, the character will be able to tell lie from truth no matter what. This is a kind of sense that the mark grants the character.

Justified Skills I
Add an extra three skill points to one of the following skills: Persuasion, Detection, or Investigation. Any skill points granted by this Mark can break the 100 point cap on skills.
Malcolm

Endurance +4
Intimidation +1
Seduction +1
Persuasion +1
Leadership +1

Basic Knowledge
Arena: A Hell Hole of Death
Elyna: She's Yours
Elyna: You Love Her
Elyna: Can't Keep Your Hands Off Her
Curse: Hard To Care About Anything
Pre: You Can't Be Like Vri
Pre: Gave You Purpose
Pre: Will Watch Over Elyna

Specialized Knowledge
Endurance: Dealing With Pain
Intimidation: Passion Can Be Frightening Too
Elyna: Slept With Marcus
Curse: Loving Elyna Broke The Curse
Prophecy: "The dragon will breathe fire once more."
Pre: Tasked You With Gathering Mortalborns

Wounds:
A ten inch cut sliced from the bottom of the ribs to the top of the belly-button that will take 15 days to heal.

Task:
Pre has tasked Malcolm with gathering Mortalborns in a fight against a great catastrophe she says will soon come. She had bid Malcolm leave Rynmere at once to search for these Mortalborn. Her intentions for this gathering of Mortalborn, however, remain unclear.

Daaannngggg you guys did great! Such a fun thread, seriously. I enjoyed myself immensely and I'm quite glad that both Malcolm and Elyna got something out of this! Very intense and such a great read, I really am excited to work with you both in the future! Such fun plots ahead!!! Like always, if you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, let me know!
word count: 559
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”J.R.R. Tolkien
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Andaris”