• PM To Join • Bruised Blossoms

Caius and Doran Please

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.

Moderators: Basilisk, Pegasus, Plague

• PM To Join • Bruised Blossoms

Postby Sinnammyn » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:04 am

6th Ashan, 718th Arc.

"Courage is grace under pressure."
~Ernest Hemmingway~

This whole event had turned into a real shit show. Were all humans this feking ignorant. She shifted her weight on her feet and groaned as one of them spoke out saying that since she just KNEW what Necromancy was she was also a mage as well. This was preposterous in more ways than one.

"Tunawa can't be mage's, period. Imbeciles, the lot of you."

Though her words seemed to just kind of fade into the void as everything further progressed into a dangerous situation. The slightly taller man going for Doran in what seemed like a roar of aggression which was completely unneed. Even if Doran hadn't made the adjustment to not fall on her, she would have been fine, already moving because she had been watching both of the men to make sure that she wouldn't get stepped on or anything. Or, in the worst case scenario, which seemed to be happening, she got attacked.

She jumped just as a gust of wind tore through the alleyway, causing her to flip in the air in a way that she hadn't intended, but she'd been able to dodge as the larger wider man tried to snatch at her. There was a glint of something like amusement in her eyes as she managed to flip herself upright as the man stared up at her with full confusion on his face.

"Lesson number one fool. Fight someone your own size. Else you might embarrass yourself."

Laughing, she used the gusts of icy wind to the best of her ability, with her practically weightless body, she almost seemed to be floating in the air. Though she did land, which was good because it helped her to dodge the next few lunges at her. She was too small a target for a large lumbering man like this guy.

"Oh, sit still you talkative rat!"

Sinna's jumps were nothing pretty to look at, and it was relatively close every time, whether it was deliberate or just lack of skill wouldn't be clear to the untrained eye. With her size, the only thing that really gave her away in this bleak alley and made her easy to see was the yellow petals on her head. She turned her head, just for a moment to watch as Doran slammed the man beating him in the gut, only to get similar returns after calling out to make sure she was okay.

She was breathing hard, she really needed to work out more, she never realized just how much she relied on Avery until now. Damn was this tiring. She kept jumping, but she accidentally landed on top of the man's hand when she didn't manage to jump high enough. Quickly, she worked to get her balance back and started running up the bent over man's arm. He slapped himself as she ran up his arm to get onto his shoulder.

"Worry about yourself Doran! I'll be fine for now! Oh, Also, Lesson two mister. Those you pursue in chase won't just stop because you ask them to!"

She jumped and started sliding down the mans back as he started to right himself and reach for his shoulder. Catching onto a loop in the middle of his back, she did her best to hang on for a bit and dodge his grabbing hands. Dropping down just as he was about to grab her. When she landed she hissed as she felt the impact jolt through her. The man was still gripping at his back like the idiot he was, making all manor of noises.

To be honest it looked like he was frantically looking for his pouch of money or a blade that had gone missing. She had to hold back laughter as she slipped around his stomping feet and tried to make her way to the man that was attacking Doran, only to find herself flipped upside down, being held by her leg.

"For the love of Moseke..."

Sinna groaned as she flailed and tried to get an angle on the guy, but he was just holding her by one leg, which made the flailing hard and unlikely to get her anywhere. There was only one more thing she could think to do. She took a deep breath as she continued to flail and kick and belted out in a voice so loud, she felt the man's grip loosen a bit only to tighten harder around her leg.

"HELP! SOMEONE HELP! WE'RE BEING ROBBED! ROBBER'S! HELP US! HEe--ll-p"

She coughed and gasped as she felt herself be flipped around, the man crushing her body in his hand, practically choking her out, making it impossible to talk any further. The man laughed.

"Now who's laughing. Huh little weed? You mage's sure need to learn yer feking place."

Writer's Notes
This thread is a continuation of a series of threads. Starting with Pretty Petioles, continuing with Fragile Fronds which leads into this thread Bruised Blossoms. For those that have read through everything up until now we are grateful that you find the story to you liking! Caius will be joining us starting this thread! Let's hope that something can be done!
Sinnammyn
Approved Character

Race: Tunawa
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Medals: 1
Right In The Feels (1)

Bruised Blossoms

Postby Doran Cooney » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:59 am

With a grunt, Doran jabbed his fist into his assailant's armpit. The man let out a shout and released his hair, allowing him to stumble a few clumsy steps backward has he wincingly stood up. Though he would have preferred to curl up and nurse the burgeoning bruises that he could already feel beginning to spread across his stomach, the fight wasn't over yet, and his point of egress was still blocked. That, and there was still Sinna to worry about. Having learned his lesson about splitting his focus the hard way, face still throbbing, he kept his eyes set on the man in front of him. With space to breath, he tried again, his voice exceptionally breathy from the effort it took to stand. Though there were small beads of tears in the corners of his eyes, it was more a reflective response to being hit, rather than a true state of emotion. "Think. Please. If I were a mage-"

This time, when the man lurched forward, Doran was ready. Having been eying both the man's legs and where it was his angered stare was focused, he was able to sidestep the attack in plenty of time. As he barreled past, Doran twisted his body and a delivered a firm roundhouse knee to the man's backside, sending him tumbling into the alley wall with a heavy thud, his face colliding head on with the cold, immoveable stone. The man let out a pained groan as he crumpled to the ground, and Doran, though still cautious with knees bent and eyes attentive, was finally able to complete his thought. "If I were a mage, should I not be faring a bit better in this brawl?" He let out a heavy sigh, gingerly rubbing the side of his face where he'd been struck with a frustrated frown. It seemed he'd underestimated just how on edge the people of Andaris actually were.

Doran's attacker incapacitated for the time being, he found his thoughts brought to an abrupt halt as Sinna's alarmingly loud voice resounded about the ally. Turning his wold body, as the dull throb of the pain in his stomach made twisting about something best saved for necessity, he spotted his tiny ally in grip of the second man, her arms beating in vain against the meaty fist as she screamed out in distress. Distracted as he was, the other man had yet to check on the progress of his now prone partner, and Doran took the opportunity to attack him from behind. Breaking out into a quiet dash, just before he readied himself to take the man buy surprise, his foot caught on an awkwardly placed cobble. With a quiet yelp of surprise, he tumbled to the ground, his cloak wrapping itself around him as he barreled awkwardly across the ground in a mess of legs and arms. The man, turning to glare in Doran's direction, found his eyes widen in shock just a trill before Doran unceremoniously collided with him. Sinna was released in the chaos, as both men let out dazed moans, entangled in each other's legs and cloaks.
Doran Cooney
One step above an NPC

Race: Human
Profession: Performer
Renown: +40
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Medals: 6
Peer Reviewer (1) Artíst (1) Painting With Words (1) First Love (1)
Right In The Feels (1) First Kiss (1)

Bruised Blossoms

Postby Sinnammyn » Fri May 18, 2018 11:30 am

6th Ashan, 718th Arc.

~Ernest Hemmingway~

Sinna cried out in pain as one of the limbs from the two men hit her mid fall and threw her against the wall, she heard a snapping sound that didn't match the rest of the scuffle and she knew based on what hit the wall first, that her right arm had snapped. She wasn't going to look at it right now, she didn't have time to deal with it.

She was shaking, something that she knew wasn't just from how tired she was. She had to focus, she'd been knocked out so many times before, going into shock was no different, she just was awake for all the symptoms. She groaned as she put her left hand up to her face. Good, she'd been lucky, just some scraped wood other than her broken and now sapping right arm. She still refused to look at it. She was probably going to have to have someone help her rip off the bad part if it was bad enough. If it was just a little crack than she would be fine, her sap would heal it on it's own, but if it had splintered. No, she didn't want to think about that right now.

She watched at Doran and her attacker fought, the other man still down for the count. Though that wasn't going to be for long. Where in Idalos were the non-idiots? She was about to call out again when she turned to the end of the alley and heard a couple figures from the end of it running in. Dressed in the garb of Moseke Knight's. Oh thank Idalos.

One of the Knight's, a female Biqaj that seemed almost to big for her armor shoved her hands into the fray and stopped the two men by shoving them both back from each other and onto their asses before looking around at the rest of the scene. Sinna stepped slowly and waveringly towards Doran, her left hand holding her right shoulder to keep the arm mostly in place.

The woman of the team of two Moseke Knight sneered and looked at the unconcious man an the one that across from Doran.

"You there, Tunawa, was it you who cried out? What's going on? Ahh! Only the Tunawa may speak for now. I'll ask each of you in time."

The woman glared down at the man that had grabbed hold of Sinna previously. He'd tried to open his mouth but had promptly shut it when the Knight told him to wait his turn.

"These imbeciles, claimed that my friend here, Doran, was a mage because he possessed me. They thought I was some doll of his making. Which, I'm not, I told them I'm a Tunawa, they clearly didn't learn about us in their schooling because when I mentioned what little knowledge of magic I have they claimed that I was a mage too, which was preposterous in the first place. I... oh.. "

Sinna actually toppled forward into Doran's thigh, her left hand lunging out to brace herself, her head hitting his thigh. She took slow breaths and tried to collect herself again, the world was spinning. Maybe it was from the fact that she'd been upside down, flung around, and slammed into a wall, though nels could be placed in a pot for the bet that it was probably her body going into shock from a pain she wasn't feeling yet. She hadn't yet looked at her arm, that was until now.

Her breathing started to quicken as she saw the mangled mess that it was, snapped at the and shattered at the elbow. Sap was actually pulling bits of her elbow down to the ground. She did her best to keep her arm away from Doran's clothing. She slowly stood up and tried to keep her breathing even as she looked up at the knight with a completely and totally fake smile.

"I.. I'm sorry, I... would go into more length.. but, please Doran can also speak on this. He's a kind man... just helping me with a goal of mine. I'm a free Tunawa, not a slave, and he was just protecting me to make sure no one would put me into slavery, while helping me looking for some things to get my dream moved forward."

The female Knight nodded and looked to Doran. She crossed her arms and sighed, her companion was already cuffing the man that had been on the ground, and was starting to cuff the other man as well, though they were protesting loudly, one glare from the woman and they shut up.

"Your friend looks in quite a bit of pain, though you've had your fair share of it to. This devolved into a fight because their claims were false? I see no residue from use of magic, or anything of the sort, so I assume that no one here used magic in this fight?"

She tapped her foot as she waited for the answer. Sinna barely could keep herself standing, she felt like everything around her was making her move, the tapping feet, the light shuffles of Doran as he adjusted to get more comfortable. Hopefully he would be smart and stay seated, especially if she was going to have another dizzy spell like that last one, she didn't know how much longer she could keep herself conscious, especially since now that she'd seen the wound she was definitely feeling the pain.
Sinnammyn
Approved Character

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Right In The Feels (1)

Bruised Blossoms

Postby Doran Cooney » Fri May 18, 2018 8:55 pm

Disoriented from his fall, it took Doran several trills to find his feet - and hands -, but he was the first to recover of the two of them. Pulling at the clasp around his neck, the fabric was released, and fell limply to the cobbles as Doran took stock of his situation. His legs were entangled in both his cloak and the other man's, keeping either of them from standing. Blindly striking out, his opponent kept Doran at some distance, but as the man drew a breath, a slight lull in his defense, Doran gripped his hands together, balling them into a single fist, and slammed down directly into the man's solar plexus. There was a throaty gasp, followed by a deep moan as Doran felt the man's body relax.

Untangling his legs, Doran scooted backward, eyes set on the the man should he come for him again but his now clearly worried voice called out in an airy, breathless tone. "Sinna? Are you alright?" He had heard her screams, but now found no sign of her and was loathe to take his eyes away. But, his apprehension got the best of him, and he let his eyes flick to either side, back and forth, seeking the small frame. To his relief, it seemed she was standing, but it was all he could discern before he felt the surprising weight of his aggressor bear down on him as the man released a growling howl. Taken by surprise, Doran was only just able to pull his arms up over his face as the man began to beat his fists down upon him, slamming into the now thoroughly bruised skin of his forearms.

Then, as soon as the assault had begun, it was over. Incredibly strong arms separated the two of them, and Doran's eyes stared wide and confused as he gazed up into the bronzed face of the female guard, who didn't seem particularly pleased with what she and her partner had walked into. When she asked what happened, Doran drew a breath to reply, but was quickly cut off. Having never had much desire to fight initially, Doran had been completely exhausted of any defiance, and thus rose to sit on the cool ground, hands placed slightly behind him, as he turned his quiet focus to settle on his Tunäwä companion. To his dismay, it appeared that the little wooden woman's arm had been broken - and quite seriously.

She started off strong, and Doran wondered if her race was more impervious to such damage. But as she continued, her voice became weaker the closer to Doran she got, until she was forced to brace against him, the effort clear in her pained expression that was painted across her doll-like features. No longer too worried about seeming impolite, Doran gently lowered his hand, not wanting his companion to lose consciousness and need to be picked up off of the ground like some broken toy. With some insistence, he corralled her into his hand, whereafter he smiled reassuringly, suggesting it he took no issue with her strange, sap like blood staining his gloves.

Nodding at the knight's questions, Doran remained seated. He bowed a bit lower, not wanting to seem entirely rude, but his legs had since lost their strength of fear and adrenaline, leaving him desiring at least a bit's more time to recover. "It would seem misunderstandings are so often the cause of violence, don't you think?" His smile was genuine, if not a bit pained, but he continued, the guard's raised brow suggesting it wasn't the answer she wanted. "Erm... Yes, Ser. They were, clearly, mistaken. Neither I nor my companion posses magic of any kind." Honesty had not difficulty settling comfortably into his words. There was a fair amount of retrospective confusion that served to further emphasis Doran and Sinna's innocence, which the guard seemed to take into account as well.

With a nod of her head, her partner already having subdued and collected their two assailants, both of whom had begun to explain themselves to the male guard in quiet, frustrated voices, the woman offered Doran a hand to help him rise, which he gladly took, careful not to jostle Sinna any more than she already had been. "Well. You wouldn't be the first, and Moseke only knows how many more of these... 'misunderstandings' before the season's end. " She shook her head, a weariness in her eyes and voice. "Please try to be a bit more careful and avoid alleys like this. I know the city can be confusing, but if you don't know well know your way about, stick to the main roads."

Doran nodded, finding her advice sound. His eyes caught on Sinna's wavering consciousness in his hand, and he frowned, brows knit in soft concern. "Ser Knight? Do you have any knowledge of Tunäwä? Is there somewhere I might take her to have her arm... examined?" He doubted a common physician would be suitable - perhaps a gardener? He waited, either for Sinna to speak or the guard to respond. It was lucky both of the Knights seemed level-headed, and clear on what had happened. Even the two men's growing aggravation and cursing wasn't enough to sway either of them in their favor - Doran was relieved. He had never found the prospect of prison, even for a few trials, to be all that pleasant.
Doran Cooney
One step above an NPC

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes

Bruised Blossoms

Postby Sinnammyn » Sat May 19, 2018 8:44 pm

6th Ashan, 718th Arc.

~Ernest Hemmingway~

Sinna didn't fight Doran as he slowly and carefully scooped her into his hands. She could feel herself spinning from the pain. There was a pounding in her head as she tried to listen to the conversation as it was going on.

"Well, looks like it's true, seeing as she's clearly a Tunawa, she can't even possess magic, and both of you look worse off than your assailant's. We'll take both of these men into custody for now. They were in the wrong, I'm just sorry we couldn't get to you guys sooner."

The male man had spoke up this time. He sighed and cracked his back a bit before leaning down and smiling at Sinna. She just jeered at him.

"Well at least some of you have sense of mind. Immortals help me if I find another imbecile who wishes to claim I'm a Mage. Now.. Doran.. No one around her is going to be able to do much. Ser, Moseke Knight, I need you to snap the rest of my arm off as clean as you can. From the break at the elbow."

She took a slow deep breath and looked at Doran who was probably looking at her with disbelief. She just shook her head and slowly stood up before walking onto the mans hand.

"You sure you want me to do that? We could just bind it."

"You fool, just do as she asks so we can get moving, shouldn't be too hard for you to do with how shattered it is already."

"Yeah but, won't it just heal? I mean, isn't that their thing."

"Probably too shattered to fix Vakob."

"Oh.. I guess you're right Mara. Sorry about this little one."

Sinna shook her head and sighed as they fought about whether or not he should even do it. She sighed and put her good hand up to Doran, telling him not to say anything. She put her hand down and let the man take her broken arm in his hands. She winced and took a deep breath, but she couldn't stop herself from screaming as he cleanly snapped the rest of the arm off. She bent over, hugging her arm to her chest. Gasping hard and panting as she tried to rock and blink away the pain, as sap even spilled from her eyes as she started to cry.

"Of all the.. FEK! Throw the arm off to the side somewhere.. Fek! Ow.. ho.... Immortals... Quick... Doran... I'm... probably going to pass out... I think I need to take some time."

The man that had done it looked like he regretted doing it but placed the Tunawa back into Doran's hands, waving goodbye. The woman mentioned that they should come to the headquarter's either now or later. It would be better if it could be done now so that things can get reported as soon as possible. She waited as her companion took the two men and started out the alley to see what Doran wanted to do.
Sinnammyn
Approved Character

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Right In The Feels (1)

Bruised Blossoms

Postby Doran Cooney » Sun May 20, 2018 2:25 am

Again, there was comment regarding the Tunäwä and their supposed inability to use magic. Doran had known them to be slaves and doll-like, but that they were unable to use magic at all seemed... odd. He imagined it a blessing, however, and that the guards seemed to share in knowledge of the fact made their claims all the more appealing - which was fortunate, as theirs were true. Inclining his head toward the man as he spoke, Doran offered his own polite, "Any help is welcome help, Ser Knight."

Sinna, fiery as ever even in spite of her wound, seemed to know what was best in regard to her own treatment. "I see." It wasn't surprising she would be so confident in the fact that none would know how to handle her condition. After all, slaves were hardly on the top of the list of healers and physicians. What she requested of the knight, though pragmatically stated, elicited a worried start from Doran's raised brow. "A-are you certain?" It seemed she was resolute, and though Doran couldn't help but wonder if there was not another way, he didn't protest further.

The ensuing conversation between the knights was both insightful and surprisingly well informed. It seemed Tunäwä possessed an ability to heal their bodies - something that seemed to extend to minimal damage, much like a human's own flesh and blood. He knew the Knights were trained in many things, but Tunäwä physiology had not been something he'd imagined they'd have studied. Yet, even they seemed somewhat hesitant to fulfill Sinna's request.

It appeared as simple a thing as Doran had imagined it might. The arm snapped cleanly off, much like twig, and both the Tunäwä and her arm were returned to him, the male guard's face something a mix between apology and disgust. Uncertainly, Doran received them, the arm finding its way into his pocket as Sinna shouted out in pain. It wasn't until after he'd stowed it away he realized she'd asked it to be thrown, but he supposed it didn't matter much either way. Staring down, concern clear on his bruised face, Doran nodded at the guards' request that they come and file and official report when they were both feeling more able, thanking them without taking his eyes off of his wounded charge.

As the others departed, the two men having since fallen quiet, sullen, and angry, Doran raised Sinna up a bit higher, to eye level, careful not to jerk his hand such that it would cause her any more undue pain. "Will it... grow back? Like a branch?" Though clearly worried, Doran couldn't help his curiosity.
Doran Cooney
One step above an NPC

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes

Bruised Blossoms

Postby Sinnammyn » Sun May 20, 2018 12:11 pm

6th Ashan, 718th Arc.

~Ernest Hemmingway~

Sinna couldn't help but laugh as she slowly turned in the mans palm after he had brought her up to his eye level. She smiled meekly at him and nodded.

"Though, it'll be more like an annoying creeping vine that just doesn't want to die."

She gave him a weak laugh as she looked up at the sky for a moment. Trying to make sure that she took slow and even breaths. Sap was still spilling from her wound. It would be best to get it wrapped, but she'd already asked so much of the man before her. She looked around to see if she could find any grass between the cobbles. She frowned a bit. not immediately seeing anything that could do what she needed. She sighed, looking back at Doran.

"We need to find something, preferably natural, to wrap around my arm, so that we can at least slow the sapping down. It'll eventually harden on it's own. But wrapping it will help keep more sap in. Food would probably also be good, to keep my energy up. I still feel like I'm fading in and out. It hurts a lot Doran, but I must keep moving. I also still have to make it back to Nir'wei, he'll be wondering after me."

The last bit she said seemed more too herself than anything. She did look like she had just been run over though both of them knew that wasn't what had happened. She groaned and adjusted her seating position again. Making sure that her arm wouldn't be jostled too much as the man got up once more. She knew that he was in pain too but they had to keep moving. If they stayed in this alley, more than just idiot's with only their bodies as weapons would find them.

"I'm... sorry we got into this mess.. if you hadn't met me, this probably wouldn't have happened."

The small being just looked so small now, she didn't seem like her proud self anymore. She seemed almost dejected as she thought more and more about the whole ordeal.

"I hate... being a Tunawa."

Sinna didn't look up at Doran after saying that, she just curled up and with her good arm hugged her leg with a soft sigh.
Sinnammyn
Approved Character

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Right In The Feels (1)

Bruised Blossoms

Postby Doran Cooney » Sun May 20, 2018 10:47 pm

At her nod, Doran's eyes widened some. While it was indisputably painful, it appeared Tunäwä were incredibly regenerative - just like the plants they seemed to be fashioned after. Her correction to his analogy seemed a bit bitter, considering the fact that her arm, completely snapped off as it was, would eventually grow back. Doran thought it a miraculous thing, but he supposed he wasn't the one dripping viscous, sap-like fluid and grimacing beneath the weight of pain that came with having one's arm broken off. As she began to glance around, Doran did much the same, though he wasn't certain what they were looking for.

The cobbled stones were unevenly spaced with little but dirt packed tightly between them. As he and Sinna were the only remaining visitors to the alley, he found that the space itself was actually quite large. In the distance, there was the bustling sound of the city, but from where they stood their immediate surroundings were surprisingly quiet, almost peaceful had it not been for Sinna's shuddering breaths and the dull throb of Doran's new plethora of bruises scatted across his body.

When she seemed unable to locate what it was she was looking for, the little Tunäwä decided to share with him what it was she sought. "Natural? Grass or leafs or something of the sort?" He spoke mostly to himself as he began to head out of the alley, gaze flicking over the cobbles and checking the walls for any creeping plants or mosses. At the mention of food, his brow quirked. "Do Tunäwä... eat? You don't just... root down somewhere and bathe in the sun?" There was a balance between plant and animal in the creature he held, but he had yet to find where the one began and the other ended. "What sort of food should I be looking for?" He was always partial towards vegetables, but he imagined that that was nearly on par with cannibalism - and he wasn't a strong supporter of such things.

He chuckled at Sinna's apology, not intending to disregard her feelings but finding it humorous nonetheless. "It's not the first time I've had my nose bashed in for sticking it where I might not should have. While I can't remove any fault you place upon yourself, please know I the only blame I harbor is toward myself." His smile turned more a grimace at that. "Had I not been quite so... conspicuous, as you had suggested I abstain from, perhaps things would have gone a bit smoother."

She had also mention another's name "Nir'wei", decidedly foreign and decidedly not information she had shared directly with him. Whatever her connection to the faceless name, Doran imagined it was best first to find something to staunch the flow of the Tunäwä's "sapping" - as she had called it - then find food then Nir'wei. As he rounded the corner, eyes still searching for anything that might be used as a makeshift bandage, Doran frowned at his little friend's despondent wish. Whether rhetorical or not, Doran shook his head, not pausing in his stride as they had yet to come across any plants. "It does no good to hate what you can't change, Sinna." He kept his voice low, much more aware of those around them, as he didn't want to start another round of accusations and fisticuffs, but loud enough his charge would have no trouble hearing him.

"You are a Tunäwä; that others might seek to bring you grief is no fault of your own. Don't let yourself be discouraged by... what was it?" He paused a moment to recall the specific insult Sinna had used earlier. Snapping the fingers of his free hand, he grinned. "Right, don't let yourself be discouraged by imbeciles. After all, were you not born a Tunäwä, it's quite possible there would be no champion for the slaves that have yet to freed. You have a job to do, a goal that can only be achieved by one like yourself." Finally, they came across a small tuft of grass that grew in between a dirt path that wound its way off of the main road and the corner of a building. Kneeling down, Doran broke off several pieces of different lengths and width to hand to his companion with a reassuring smile. "So, when you're feeling better, pick yourself up and try again. Moping has rarely ever brought about the changes you seek."

With a soft grunt of effort, he rose back to his feet. "Now then, what would you like to eat?"
Doran Cooney
One step above an NPC

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes

Bruised Blossoms

Postby Sinnammyn » Wed May 23, 2018 8:58 pm

6th Ashan, 718th Arc.

~Ernest Hemmingway~

"Yes, grass or a leaf would be fine, and yes.. we eat, how else would we survive, we aren't just plant's we're sentient beings, we eat plants, and bugs, we just don't cook our foods, seeing as we're flammable. We don't have the ability to.. 'Root down' anywhere.. though we can drink water from our skin, that much is true."

She smiled up at him, god this guy was an idiot. But he knew how to cheer a girl up that was for sure. She was glad it had been him and not someone else that had found her in that pot. She really was getting pretty fortunate with her meetings with people that were not going to try and put her into slavery.

To be honest, even with everything that had happened that was bad in the past 2 trials, it wasn't like she'd lost her freedom. She could still go where she wanted, for the most part, she could still learn all she wanted. She took a deep breath and smiled a bit. This guy really did know how to talk. Though she was going to have to thank him for that at some point. Though, she wasn't going to right at that moment, seeing as he handed her some grass to wrap around her still sapping arm.

Slicking the whole thing with her sap, she used the blades of grass to make a slightly loose tie around her arm that way it wouldn't explode but still wouldn't leak either. It looked like it was practiced. Probably something from her slavery days.

Looking up to him she smiled softly. Laughing a bit about the imbecile thing. She nodded slowly and looked at him for a moment before answering his question about what she wanted to eat.

"Fruit, that would be fine, just.. nothing cooked. I don't want to test my stomach to-trial after everything else that has happened."
Sinnammyn
Approved Character

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Right In The Feels (1)

Bruised Blossoms

Postby Doran Cooney » Sat May 26, 2018 9:56 am

He watched curiously as the little woman carefully wrapped the blades of grass around the oozing nub that was what was left of her arm. The movements were unhurried and meticulous, clearly a display of knowledge applied rather than a new experience. As a slave, Doran couldn't help but wonder if her limbs had been torn before due to her status, perhaps as a form of punishment, as it seemed Tunäwä, short of fire, were incredibly resilient. It was hardly a pleasant thought, and he veered away from it with a slight grimace.

Fortunately, with her arm bandaged, Sinna seemed less broken - though it was purely a cosmetic change for the most part. Though she said nothing in response to his words of encouragement, her smile was enough of a reply. He had not said anything to draw anything more from her than that, and he returned the expression with one of his own. "Fruit it is then." While he'd eaten several bugs on dares from Lily until she had realised he would quite literally do anything for her and stopped for fear he might contract some sort of disease or worse for the various crawling creatures of the earth, Doran had never found them to be anything but grotesque to consume - save for a certain caterpillar that, when chewed, was alarmingly sweet.

They continued down the street, Doran following the speed of the foot traffic as he scanned the shops and stalls along the way. The two of them had ended up a short distance away from one of the smaller markets that dotted the Midtown district, and eventually they happened upon a grinning, elderly man who was missing several of his teeth near the front but wearing as large a smile as any manning a booth filled with baskets of various fruits and vegetables.

He spotted Doran's curious, searching eyes with all the expertise of a hunter in a forest, and called out with a merry voice, words as sharp as his gaze. "Oi, boyo! Over here a trill!" His hands gestured almost feverishly, and Doran, raising a brow at Sinna who still rested in his hand, obeyed without question. "No need to look any further for anything, I've got it all. Right. Here." With several quick movements, the man had tossed up several different - though still vaguely spherical - fruits and vegetables and began to juggle them. A bubble of laughter escape Doran's wide grin as he watched the display and several other passersby stopped to watch with murmurs of interest.

With a "hup" of effort, the man tossed a glossy looking apple in Doran's direction. Though only one hand available to him, he had little difficulty plucking the apple from its wide arc with a grin and raise of his brows. "Perhaps something a bit softer, if you have it?" He gently cast the fruit back, which the man snatched back without missing a beat, nodding his head and feigning thought.

"Softer, eh? But still sweet?" He winked at a young woman who had stopped to enjoy the dextrous display. "Much like the blushing cheeks of a fair lady?" She laughed along with the small crowd that had gathered. "Then a peach might suit you just fine." The fruits flew higher into the air, and as they descended, one after the other, the man's hands moved astonishingly quick, replacing every one of the items he'd used until there was nothing left but the fuzzy, golden globe of peach extended towards Doran and his companion. "Soft enough for you?"

Though Doran couldn't clap along with the rest of the crowd, he had no issue with pulling out his coin purse and trading a few more nels than necessary as thanks for the show on top of the produce. "Yes, that'll do nicely." He waved a hand at the man who had begun to juggle once more at the request of several children as he turned to leave, handing the peach to Sinna - though more so settling it into his palm beside her.

"I would think at this juncture, rest might be something you're keenly craving?" His lips turned in a slight frown as he gazed down at the little wooden woman in his hand. "Is there anywhere I might take you? Back to the pot?" She was so small, he imagined she had little trouble finding places to lay her head, but wounded as she was, he imagined the more comfortable a spot he might find for her the better. The trial had yet to turn to evening, but by the end of the break, the sky would surely have taken on the pale, orange tinge of the beginning of the sun's descent. He didn't want to keep carrying around the injured Tunäwä too much longer - it couldn't have been good for her recovery, no matter the little creature's tenacity.
Doran Cooney
One step above an NPC

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes

Next

Return to Andaris