The Wayward Son Comes Home

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.
Torqin
Race: Lotharro
Profession: Bodyguard
Renown: 10
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Cylus 3rd, 718, Late afternoon, Dark, recent snow

Torqin smiled and waved at the merchants he'd traveled with from the docks. The carts and such disappeared down a small turn off into mid-town. They were friendly guys, he'd been on the ship with them from the Eastern Settlements. The Lotharro man looked up the road that served as an unofficial barrier between low-town and mid-town, having started at the gate that all who traveled from the docks entered through. He was home. It had been, immortals, eleven arcs now. But it was finally time to make everything right. To start his life a new.

He began the slow walk, a tall man in his shining armor, taking in everything he'd been missing, the sights of the clean, busy streets, the smell of crisp air, though not perfectly clean, because after all, this was a city. A true city. His city. And he was starting over, with nothing more than the armor on his person, and the pack over his shoulder. He looked at the snow on the ground, cleaning everything it touched, purifying it. A new arc. A new city. A new man.

He ran through the list of things he needed to do. Most important was find Lady Celeste. Return to the woman who saved his life. He needed to visit Drakengard, and see his mum again. A lump formed in his throat at the thought of her. She lost her son and her mate all in a single trial. He... he.. needed to figure out where his dad was buried. Apologize to him. Give his thanks for making him into the man he was today.

He needed to find a place to sleep, a rental, he didn't have enough money to buy a house outright. Which meant he needed to find a job as well. So many things to do. But the most important was Celeste.

And so Torqin pulled his cloak tight around him, only slightly obscuring the full set of armor that was too bulky and heavy to just carry without an animal, and moved along the road, heading southwest, to make his way for the Astedia Barony. To make his way to her.

She gave him his life. It was time to return it.
word count: 386
Sinnammyn
Race: Tunawa
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

RP Medals

Afternoon of Cylus 3rd, 718
Sinnammyn was about fed up with Avery. She'd been difficult during Zi'da like always, but she just got insufferable in Cylus. Avery did not seem to like the cold and the snow, and even though the blizzard was most definitely over. It was hard to get her to fly anywhere and doubled her flight times, she may as well be out trudging through the snow half the time. Though she feared that she'd get stuck in it. So she chose to force Avery to fly. It was difficult, and annoying, but nothing she could do about an animals nature. She might have to get a mount just for winter. She'd need a job first though, hopefully when she finally got to talk to Oliver, that situation would be fixed.

Avery just kept misbehaving, not listening to what Sinna was saying, and the tunawa was about at her wits end. They kept getting lower, and Avery kept wanting to go back to Zane's, so there was more than a few turn arounds.

It got to a point that she was starting to feel worn out, trying to keep Avery going in the direction she wanted to go. Avery needed to eat, they had to get food, both of them. Avery though, was a very stubborn sparrowhawk.

Groaning, she just let the bird fly her way a bit. Either Avery was going to wear herself out, or she was going to listen to what Sinna said. Well that was her hope anyways.

Unlucky for Sinna, and for the large dark that was in Avery's path, Avery crashed into the mans chest, beak and talons scratching at him until Avery got onto the man's shoulder. She screeched loudly in his ear. "AVERY." Sinna was fuming as she struggled to get her bird in check. "I'm sorry sir, she's not normally like this, it's this weather, she despises it! Don't worry I'll get her off as soon as I can." She called out over Avery's screeching. She tried soothing the bird, leaning forward and cooing at her.

It didn't seem to be helping, she sighed and sat up. "I'm sorry she's loud! Uhm.. Avery's a bit of a spitfire! I hope you're alright! Uhm... I'm sorry, I don't know what to call you, I'm Sinnammyn, though you can just call me Sinna, seems to be easier for most gian... I mean.. humanoids." She smiled a bit, hoping that he could see her and that he wasn't going to think himself crazy and think that the bird was talking to him. Avery talked, but only in screeches, which she was laying in thick at this moment.
word count: 468
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Andaris”