• PM To Join • Show Stopper

1st of Zi'da 717

Here are all threads from before the Fall of Emea in 719 and all threads pertaining to the Fall. As of Ymiden 719 (1st June 2019), this forum is locked for new threads and is a repository for old content.

Moderator: Staff

Navyri
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Thief
Renown: 348
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 7

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Show Stopper

Into the darkness they go, the wise and the lovely.

Emea
1st of Zi'da, 717

• So many questions.

Too many opinions.

Soft voices stirred her and she cursed under her breath, blue eyes opening to stare into the clean shaven face of a man holding a folder of notes. He was looking down at his arms, scribbling notes rapidly upon the paper, too distracted to realize her awakening. Navyri hadn’t wanted to fall asleep, and scowled in disgust when she felt his hands touch a part of plumage that had been poking through the metal bars. Jolting to her feet, she startled the man and tried to claw at him through the cage,
    “Don’t touch me!”

Pulling deeper into the enclosure, she straightened and pulled her wings close to back and glared at the other two whispering in the corner, “Subject appears to show abrupt aggression upon contact…” The partner nodded.

“Not uncommon in either race. I’m telling you - halfbreed.”

“Naer always birth Naer…Naer don’t have wings.”

“How do we know… According to legends!... Stories…”

“...Gravokian…Augiery…” One waved animatedly in her direction, “Tattoos… We’ve seen…”

The man who had tried to pet her was circling the jail and she tried to follow him, refusing to show her back to the scientist. He did not seem disappointed by this, but interested, writing more and muttering to himself. Finally, he looked up, "You're a very fascinating subject. Are you the first of your kind?"

The walls began to bleed, melting away like hot wax and puddling to the floor, the room being replaced and the men fading to nothingness. Around her the world brightened and she had to lift a hand to shield her eyes, grimacing at the change of atmosphere. Tall windows and rows of seats faced her, yet she was still caged. A crowd gawked at her, some in horror, others in interest. A voice boomed an announcement overhead, "The First Winged Naer! A Shadow in the Sky! Behold!"

Something sharp poked her in the back of her thigh and she whipped around, wings flaring and the crowd crying out in awe. Such beauty! Such power! Trapped, the dark hair woman prowled, her stomach clenching,
    "Let me go," she growled, grabbing the bars and resisting a snarl. "Or I'll gut you alive." No matter how she protested, they discarded her desires. Her foreign tongue fell on ignorant ears, and they chatted in their common, but her mouth wouldn't form the words in a language they could understand. A caged bird, or a trapped darkness, she was an attraction - a means to make money that would never touch her hands.

That was perhaps the most frustrating thing of all, and so the woman waited to make them pay.

They always paid.
Last edited by Navyri on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 3 times in total. word count: 471
"At last. It has been too long since I have walked the face of this world. Too long have I been locked there, awaiting my champion to release me. My champion... This is you, daughter of Audrae. You have, whether knowingly or not, released me from my self imprisonment, and are here to fulfill the destiny I have seen written in the tapestry of nature. You, daughter of Audrae's daughter, will be my foothold in this world." - Belaera to The Nightingale, after the 600 arc imprisonment
Mercedes
Race: Human
Profession: Sorcerer
Renown: 185
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Show Stopper

"No! Get the hell away from me! Leave me alone!” Merces screamed at the top of his lungs as black bat-like creatures with elongated gnarled canine teeth. With every touch they peeled the flesh from his skin. Thick dark crimson liquid exited his wounds, and fell to the abyss that he seemed to walk upon like it was a solid surface. As the multitude of droplets impacted the ground they spread, warped, multiplied exponentially and then covered his legs. However, the blood flow did not stop and continued on one drop at a time until the room filled. The sorcerer could hear nothing, see nothing, smell nothing, taste nothing, and feel nothing. The temperature outside his body had been even, his body floated about rather than touch any surface, and he became incapable of opening his mouth or eyes. However, just as the sensory deprivation began it ended.

His eyes opened

Upon their opening and the restoration of his vision he stood among a crowd of individuals. They were obviously of various races, professions and different backgrounds. There were some who were simply observers, others that appeared to practice medicine, and several obvious researchers. However, Merces glowed like a beacon of light in comparison to the others. Such a glow had been brought about by the spark within him, but he knew nothing of it. He assumed that this was because Emea had been a very different realm than the normal world. Dreams were not something he had often for if and when he did; he was typically hunted by creatures he knew nothing of. Why did the nightmares of the past often come to haunt him, and tear away at his very being? While he was a murderer, a liar, a cheater, and a thief he did not deserve to be treated like this. Emea was the bane of his existence, and he hated the thought of dreaming.

Something however peaked his interest, and he listened as some odd man made an announcement. There was a winged “Naer” whatever one of those had been, and he called it a shadow in the sky. Apparently this creature had been something phenomenal and needed to be seen by the entirety of the crowd. When she had finally been unveiled; what the crowd saw as new, and strange Mercy found beautiful. She was the most gorgeous woman he had ever seen, but she did not deserve to be imprisoned because she had different features. The sorcerer inhaled, and exhaled several times as he took a moment to concentrate.

“Stay... The fuck.. away from her! This is no way to treat another creature! You sick bastards!” Merces spoke as his concentration shattered. He had been fueled with anger from the moment that he spotted such a beautiful woman in a cage. Humans, and the several other human-like races were disgusting people who cared only about themselves. Why did they treat other creatures like they had no value for impractical reasons? The sorcerer pushed, shoved, and kicked several members of the large crowd as to get through all of them to her.

He did not want to openly use magic as to free her, but he certainly would try by any means.

Boxcode Credit: Poppy
[/style]
word count: 544
Navyri
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Show Stopper

Emea

• There was a man, Navyri noticed, who stood out from the rest. Even as the scientists tried to poke and prod her, seeking a reaction that would force her to unfold her wings, a man screamed in the background. He sounded far away - almost underwater - and as she turned to spot him in the lecture hall, the aisles leading to the stage suddenly pulled back like stretched putty, lengthening the expanse between them to impossible distance. 

The Naer gripped the bars of her containment in minor hope, squinting as she tried to make out features of the enraged man. Someone (someone with more noble intentions than her), shoved through the bodies, and she could see only the dark top of his head as he pushed bodies aside. Once, he shoved away a middle aged man taking notes, and she caught glimpse of a light radiating from it. Navyri opened her mouth to speak, but there was something strange about him.

He... glowed. And not like the silver sheen of the Biqaj under the soft moonlight - but brilliantly. A beacon to those around him. It was strange to watch; the audience almost husks of people, like a creature wearing the skin of a human but who had not figured out its mannerisms. They 'oohed' and 'awed', clapped and gave attention, yet when the disrupter threw them aside, they turned their attention on him, his boisterous shouts turning their attention one by one. 

Something... something was off.
word count: 256
"At last. It has been too long since I have walked the face of this world. Too long have I been locked there, awaiting my champion to release me. My champion... This is you, daughter of Audrae. You have, whether knowingly or not, released me from my self imprisonment, and are here to fulfill the destiny I have seen written in the tapestry of nature. You, daughter of Audrae's daughter, will be my foothold in this world." - Belaera to The Nightingale, after the 600 arc imprisonment
Navyri
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Show Stopper

Emea

• Unnaturally, they began to sit up straighter, each neck twisting to look with the flexibility of an owl, some heads rotating completely around with the sharp snapping of their spines exploding into the air.

Navyri blanched, and pulled back from the bars of her cage, suddenly very frightened. This did not phase them - no... they swayed gently, mesmerized by the light and the idea of them moving after breaking their own necks...

The eyes of the crowd began to move away from her, and they settled upon the man, hisses of distaste began to rise like the steady fall of rain, crescendoing as the man made his way closer. One sniffed the air, reminding the Naer of a bloodhound, and smiled eerily - rows of sharp teeth hidden behind human lips. The audience was changing, or had been only wearing a mask; their facade falling away without polite distraction.

The disrupter did something... it looked like he was shoving more aside, but a hand shot out and gripped at him, and then the crowd began to stand - the whole effect reminiscent of a stone being dropped in water and the ripple it created. Navyri's heart began to pound, and she looked to the side, to see the professor droning on as if nothing happened, eager to explain his findings.

"It had occurred to us she could be a halfbreed, and yet no feathers grace her skin. In every regard she represents a Naer - glowing eyes, ideal female figure, and sharpened claws to hurt her victims. The Naer only birth Naer -"

Suddenly - fire. It sparked and exploded in the expanse, and Navyri couldn't stop the feeling of nervousness that twisted her stomach, and she had to bite the inside of her lips to keep her breathing steady. She wasn't scared easily, but being trapped had amplified the feeling so much, that when the scientist began to hiss as well, her hands began to shake.

"Another specimen," he muttered, eyes yellowing as he watched the crowd turn on the man, "A disruption to the natural order. Just like you."

The floor opened up, and Navyri fell into cold darkness.
word count: 370
Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Show Stopper

[anchor=OptionFour][/anchor]
Thread Review
Navyri
  • Skill Points - 15
  • Renown - 0
  • Skill Knowledges
    1. N/A - Nonlucid Dream
  • Non-Skill Knowledges
    1. N/A
  • Items and Other Rewards
    1. N/A
Mercedes
  • Skill Points - 0
  • Renown - 0
  • Skill Knowledges
    1. N/A - Nonlucid Dream
  • Non-Skill Knowledges
    1. N/A
  • Items and Other Rewards
    1. N/A

Final Notes

This was a fun take on Navyri's fears. I rather enjoyed seeing it displayed in such a way. It's a shame this thread was abandoned. Well done though!

Merc, as it was a single post that was left abandoned by you, I'm awarding no skill points for this.

If you have any questions, please PM me. Also please add the provided stamp to your review request found here and please update your CS with all of this information.

Code: Select all

[center][img]/gallery/image.php?album_id=39&image_id=12064[/img][/center]
word count: 149
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Fall & Before”