Dream (part 1)

(Nymph, please)

Here are all threads from before the Fall of Emea in 719 and all threads pertaining to the Fall. As of Ymiden 719 (1st June 2019), this forum is locked for new threads and is a repository for old content.

Moderator: Staff

Robin Stark
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Guard
Renown: 5
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Dream (part 1)

717, Ymiden 1st
He stood in the middle of the forest; sunlight spilled through the thick green canopy, splashing the ground with the warm colors of the early afternoon. The soil was a healthy black, soft, and spotted with button mushrooms, brown and small. The whole forest permeated with it's fertility. The trees were ancient and wide and tall. Their branches were heavy, filled with leaves, lush and vibrant in midday warmth. The earth was pocketed with gnarled roots, breaching randomly before diving back into the ground.

Robin maneuvered himself around the roots. He walked slowly, carefully, pushing forward without knowing why. The forest was alive, breathing with scores of birdsong. He saw them from time to time, a quick flutter of bright red or black or white.

He was looking for someone.

The thought was sudden, dire and important. There was a purpose, now.
word count: 146
Nymph
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: 0
Office
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Dream (part 1)

JESINE

She moved quietly through the world of Emea, her gaze weary as she gazed at each dream she passed by. Some where dreaming of fortune, others were fighting the great fight. Some simply slept in their dream world, incapable of dreaming. One she passed had been seized by Kielik. Jesine had reached in to quell the turmoil and ease the dreamers pain. Soon it was rainbows and butterflies once more. Once her work was complete, she moved to the next dream. Gently she leaned in to look through the window to watch a young, half-Sev'ryn roaming through the forest.

Sev'ryn dreams were some of her favorite to watch, especially if they had not yet found their familiar. Their dreams could be riddles upon riddles, messages on the wind about where their familiars were. Jesine occasionally liked to nudge them along. She could see what they couldn't from her spot above. This dream was attached to a man that slept in the Willow Woods Outpost. He was simply roaming, looking for something he didn't understand. Without enter the dream, Jesine decided she would help him along.

"Follow the pull. Let it guide you." Her words would slide into his ears, a gentle whisper on the wind. "It shimmers like a spirit, but it will take a form only for you. It belongs to you. It is a part of you."

He would continue to move through the forest it not really changing. Maybe in the distance he would notice the city of Ne'haer. Eventually, the city would remain in the background and the trees would give way to farmland. The pull was stronger here, where the land was flat and a ocean of grain greeted him. Jesine watched from above where he could not see her. He would have to figure it out for himself. Had he been to Treth before? She had, through everyone else's eyes. It was south of Ne'haer, a solid place for a spirit to lie in wait.

OOC Note
I'll post one or two more times to guide you along in your dream. The dream itself is supposed to give you an idea where your familiar might be waiting for you in reality. Once you wake, you will have a pull to that location. Since you did not want to travel far, I will be sending you to Treth, a small town south of Ne'haer. It should give you a little fun to search for your familiar there. Also, please be sure to follow our Terms of Use. All posts should be a minimum of 250 words.
word count: 441
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be then me.
Robin Stark
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Dream (part 1)

The forest shuddered with voice. The leaves, ripe and green, chimed as they shackled against each other, against their branches. It was a breeze; light and hot, a sweet secret. It rolled past him, whipping itself into a whirl of words, haunting, promising him something. He could almost see it: a shimmering incandescence, brilliant and alive and beckoning.

The voice fell silent.

And then he noticed the pull.

Excited now, Robin ran. His heart beat in rhythm with his feet, landing heavily on the hard ground. Between the thick trunks, thick and tired with age, he could make out the distant city of Ne'haer. It basked under the suns, homes and markets and schools all together in a perfectly white outline against the blue of the ocean. That was the place he lived -- but he was being pulled elsewhere.

The woods stretched endlessly. He tired, but still he ran. There was something at the end, he felt it. He knew it.

Eventually, the trees broke into farmland. Grains, barley and wheat specifically, sprouted rapidly from his feet. It grew quickly, taller than him, before spreading out to the horizon. Gold and yellow, yellow and gold. Past the grain, he could make out an apple red barn, a small wooden house. Beyond that, more buildings. Smaller and plainer than Ne'haer.

"Treth," he whispered, breathless. Robin was tired. Still, he ran south. The pull was stronger here, brighter, more desperate. Whatever he was looking for, he needed to find it. Now, it was more instinct than choice.

"Why here?" Robin asked, remembering Victor. There was a small plot of earth, as he passed his old home. The witch had buried him there, making him a defiant. He remembered the apple tree where he'd met Felicia, the strange girl who would become his sister. Here was where he'd known the elements as friends, as family. This was where Victor had died.
word count: 322
Nymph
Prophet of Old
Office
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Dream (part 1)

JESINE

"That is for you to understand. It seems to find this spot important to you. You must find what is important here." Jesine's voice echoed from above. Still, she remained out of his dream. She laid outside the mirror, languishing in the peace that he was finding in his dream. As he explored the area, he might find a small bouncing light, bouncing between the tall grass shoots. It caught a glimpse of the man that had suddenly arrived. The light whispered itself away through the grass and into a small hole at the corner of the barn's door. It was as if some sort of rat had chewed through the wood to get to the stores of hay and grain within.

She expected him to be curious; she was. Yet, the chains on the barn door would prevent him from going inside in this dream. Not all answers could be given so easily. Jesine pouted from her other wordly position. Maybe other dreams would tell him how to get in. Maybe this was just a method of suggesting that his completion was locked away until he arrived. Then, and only then, would the doors open to him.

"What will you do, Mister Stark?" She reached over the looking glass this time, tapping it gently with her pointer finger. His world began to waver, warping him back to his bedroom where he could see himself asleep on his bed. This was but a dream, a glimpse into the future if he wished to take it. "Wake up and choose for yourself."

That was the last the voice would offer him advice. He had the location of his familiar. Now he had to go and make the bond for himself. Even if he did not understand what was pulling him or why it was pulling him there, he simply had to know it was important and that he needed to go. Jesine stood up from the looking glass in Emea, gently walking on to the next dream she could peer into.
word count: 343
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be then me.
Robin Stark
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Dream (part 1)

There was something important here. The wind echoed, singing. The fields of gold wheat swayed under the midday sun. Robin frowned; there wasn't a pull anymore. The whole area seemed concentrated with whatever he had to find. His old home, small and wooden and unassuming. Poor Victor. It was strange the man, the closest he'd ever had to a parent, was buried somewhere nearby in an unmarked grave. He hadn't been back to visit since he and Felicia had left.

He walked along the tall grass besides the field. The earth softened against his feet. He couldn't remember why he was here, why he had been in the forest, or who or what had pulled him back home, but at least he wasn't alone. Robin wandered for what seemed like ages. He meandered and explored, weaving through the thick green grasses with little direction.

And then he saw a light.

It a bubbling burst of sudden brightness. Shapeless and nameless, it bloomed with a sudden light, a halo of shine. Emotion collapsed over him, excitement and happiness, a sudden knowing: this light was what had called him home. Robin ran -- and the light jumped, rolling and sprinting through the fields. It was a game then, chase. Robin did, stubbornly following at it's glowing heels.

It scuttled under a barn door. It was chained, locked under the weight of iron. Robin pulled at the doors, panicking. He was close -- whatever had escaped him, was a part of him. He was a part of the light.

And then he was back in bed. Or he was watching himself in bed. Was it all a dream?

What was it telling him?
word count: 284
Nymph
Prophet of Old
Office
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Dream (part 1)

REWARDS

ROBIN

• Knowledge:
    • Jesine: A Voice in Emea
    • Ose-bori: The Needed Pull
    Loot: None
    Injuries: None
    Fame: None

Quest:
    • You have been tasked on figuring out why there is a need to go to Treth. Something inside of you tells you that it is incredibly important for you to go to this barn and seek out whatever that glowing light was from your dream. No matter how hard you try to fight the pull, the dreams will get stronger and stronger. Their frequency will increase, but the meaning will remain the same: "Come to Treth. Find me." Will you go to Treth and discover what waits for you in the red barn, or will you let insanity claim you from the repeated dreams?
    Story: 4/5
    Collaboration: 5/5
    Structure: 4/5

- - - - - - -

Comments: I am obligated due to the shortness of the posts provided, to dock points for story/structure as we require a minimum of 1500 for each thread to receive full points. I am incredibly sorry this took so long. I look forward in seeing you pursue your Ose-bori. Please let me know how I can be of further assistance to you.

If you feel I've missed anything or if you have questions about your review, please don't hesitate to send me a quick PM. Thank you!
word count: 225
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Fall & Before”