• Closed • This Must Be The Place

Aeodan.

Stronghold of education and learning, this fortress is in one of the coldest areas of Idalos and home to many knowledge seekers in a variety of disciplines. However, unknown to most, below the city are those who suffer for the sake of science. While all are welcome, not everyone will be treated as they expect.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Edalene
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Seeker
Renown: 39
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

This Must Be The Place

79 Ymiden 717

Edalene curled up on the couch, three blankets thrown haphazardly over her cold legs, and she sipped at a glass of red wine, smiling slightly. Her brother had gone to the trouble of finding out about the bootlegged alcohol in the city, and risked his own safety to procure some for her. Two things were well known in this household: first, Edalene was always nicer when plied with wine. Second, Aeodan would do anything to make his sister happy. This time, the two had mixed together nicely.

Edalene had been tired, lately, more docile since they had moved to Viden. There were so many reasons - things she could not name or think of, lest the nightmares wake her up in the night. Aeodan and Duncan, too, becoming closer sometimes made her feel left out, and she shifted on the couch at the thought. She knew it wasn't on purpose, but it still had that effect. And Narav... she missed him. Every day she hoped to see him at the door, and every day she was disappointed.

But Aeodan had risen to the occasion. A fond smile as she thought of her brother rested on her lips, as it always did. Everything had changed, and Edalene thought it was for the best. Tonight, she was tired from a long day of research, and Aeodan had insisted on pampering her. Duncan was away on a mission, and it was just the twins. She missed Duncan, of course, but it was still nice to have time to just the two of them. She was not going to complain. She sat on the couch, drinking her wine, and waited for Aeodan to be finished.

"Please," she called to where he was cooking dinner. "Not too much pork fat this time, my love? I know you love it, but it makes me a little queasy - especially as we have it every day." She curled further into the blankets and leaned her head against the couch, closing her eyes, holding the wine, content to wait for her brother to come join her. This ... this was home. Words came unbidden to her mind, like a song she had heard long ago...

Home is where I want to be, but I guess I'm already there. I come home; she lifted up her wings, I guess that this must be the place.

Yes, here, with her brother close by, and Duncan in her thoughts... this was home. This was the place, even when the rest of the world was dark and frightening. This would always be her place.
word count: 434
Aeodan
Approved Character
Profession: Sojourner
Renown: 30
Character Sheet
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

This Must Be The Place

Aeodan, for all his faults and weaknesses, was perceptive. That was one thing he prided himself on, and in the case of his sister, he was far more perceptive than anyone else. Since they'd moved to Viden, Edalene seemed freer, but with a heavier heart, and Aeodan surmised it had something to do with he and Duncan's growing closer... And Narav. And try as he might, Aeodan knew that his sister would always feel as if she were being edged out by his and Duncan's budding relationship, but he did his best to make her feel comfortable.

Early that trial, Aeodan had spoken with Anari about her handling the finishing touches on the expedition so he could take the trial off and spend it with his sister. Duncan was out with the Rangers, and Aeodan knew that Edalene would need a nice, relaxing evening. So he journeyed out into the city, trying his hardest to find a smooth, dry cabernet for her. With a smile on his face, he'd returned home, having spent 20gn on the one bottle. For Edalene, the price was worth it. While she was still at work, Aeodan had danced around the house, singing to himself and cleaning up.

Living with Duncan and Edalene was great in that respect. None of the three of them were ever home long enough to make too big a mess, so cleaning up was simple. He just straightened the house up, and then set out a few of the heavier blankets. As the trial grew darker, the chill began to creep in, and Aeodan wanted Edalene to be as comfortable as he could.

And now, he was in the kitchen, wearing a bright blue apron with the words, "Kiss Me, I'm the Chef" sewn on in red thread. He knew that Edalene would make the joke about the pork fat, but this time, the joke was on her. Aeodan had procured two caribou steaks, the lean, gamey meat producing very little in the way of fat. He'd also grabbed potatoes, onions, carrots and asparagus, slicing and dicing them into small pieces. The asparagus he left whole, instead deciding to saute it in butter and sprinkle it with salt. The butter was soft and a pale yellow, spooning easily into the pan. The sizzle smelled decadent to the young twin, and his smile widened.

"Extra pork fat? Got it!" He called from the kitchen, laughing. His laugh was a twinkling music, sweet and clear like a crystal bell. He loved his sister, and he knew that she would assume he'd misheard her, but the laugh reassured her. Not this night, though. Aeodan would make sure everything was perfect.

As the asparagus cooked, Aeodan glided from the kitchen on his bare feet, bottle of cabernet in his hand. Swooping down to plant a kiss on Eda's forehead, he refilled her glass and smiled.

"No pork fat tonight, my love. I thought we'd try something different. But it's going to be a little while. Can I run you a hot bath?" Aeodan smiled, offering a petite hand to help his sister from the couch. Little did she know, he'd already begun heating the water, and it wouldn't be long before it was just the right temperature to warm her.

"It will bring you more warmth than those blankets, I assure you." He kissed her hand as she took his. "And by the time you are warmed, the dinner will be ready."

word count: 590
Edalene
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

This Must Be The Place

Edalene smiled slightly at her brother's teasing. She was envious; he seemed ... so light today. And Edalene felt only an aching in her belly. Pains came and went now, but today, having woken up that morning gasping from a nightmare, the pain was worse. Edalene furrowed under the blankets and took another long draught of wine.

Edalene couldn't help but chuckle at her brother's apron, and she intended to do just that. When he leant down to kiss her forehead, Edalene snuck out a hand to wrap around his neck, keeping her close to him. "Wait. I have to kiss the chef." Edalene pressed a slow and soft kiss to her brother's lips, before letting him pull away. While she smiled, there was a sadness in her eyes, one that had persisted since the Temple.

"Branching out? No pork fat? Who are you and what have you done with my brother?" Edalene grinned, the joke falling a little flat, but she did not want to ruin her night with her brother. She had been struggling lately, but tonight she was determined to try and be okay for Aeodan. With Duncan out on a mission, she knew her brother would be worried, and she did not want to add to that worry.

"A bath?" Edalene wondered, thinking immediately of how the warm water would soothe the ache of her scar. "Yes, that would be lovely." Edalene took her brother's hand, and stood, but kept one blanket wrapped around her and the wine in her free hand. "I can run it, though. You've done so much for me tonight. Just focus on dinner, and you can yell when it's ready?" Edalene bent down and kissed her brother's cheek. "Really, don't worry about me. I'm okay."
word count: 303
Aeodan
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

This Must Be The Place

Aeodan looked into his sister's eyes, and he could see the sadness in them. He resisted the urge to frown, instead taking her hand. She knew better than to try and dissuade him, but he knew she'd want to put up the fight. Their whole lives had changed in the Temple, but they acted like it hadn't. Aeodan's Truth drew them closer, Eda's death and subsequent return cemented their intermingling of souls... But they were still the same twins they always had been.

Dark eyes, instead, trailed over her form. Hunched under the blanket, clutching the wine in her hand, she appeared so tired and stressed. And why shouldn't she be? Since their arrival in Viden, their lives had been a whirlwind. With Duncan joining the Rangers, he was gone a lot. Aeodan was absorbed in the Jourkadri tribes and their anthropological significance, and try as he might, it demanded more and more of his attention. He really wanted her to feel like she was important, and that's what this night meant to him. The idea that she should do anything for herself went against the very fabric of the tale he wanted this night to be.

"I wasn't asking, darling." He led her by her hand to the bathroom. Pulling the kettle from the fire, he poured hot water into the tub. It steamed against the cold night air, hissing slightly as it filled the tub to an adequate level. Turning to Edalene, Aeodan gently reached out and took the wine glass from her hand. Pulling her close, he hugged her tightly.

"I love you. Just let me take care of you." He whispered in her ear, gently pulling the blanket off. Slipping off her gown, his eyes lingered on the pale scar. The look in his eyes was one of true understanding, with no judgement. Thin hands passed over the raised flesh, void-black fingernails obscuring the scar for a brief moment. He leaned in and kissed the scar, gingerly pressing his soft lips to it. Edalene's nudity did not shame him. Instead, it was as if he were nude with her, standing there, bared against the chill of the Videnese air.

There wasn't lust in his touch, or the kiss, or the look in his eye when he pulled back from her. There was something, but lust wasn't it. It was love, and fear, and longing... It was loss and recovery, hope and terror. Everything that he was and would be stood in front of him, naked as the day they came into the world together. And, so overwhelmed with adoration, Aeodan let a single tear escape his left eye.

"It should be okay now. Let me help you in." He took her hand and gently helped her in. As she sank into the water, he smiled and kissed her forehead. The water distorted her shape, but it was pleasant to him. Steam played on her skin, and Aeodan swirled a thin finger in it, causing a tornado-funnel to rise off her flesh and fade into nothingness.

"Let me know if you need anything, my love. I've got to go check the food." Aeodan handed Edalene her wine glass and moved a book from the counter to within her reach. He would have stayed and sung to her, but the food would burn. Everything had to be perfect on this trial. Everything. Sauntering back into the kitchen, he was hellbent on making sure Edalene smiled this trial. No matter what it took.

word count: 598
Edalene
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

This Must Be The Place

Edalene wanted to protest - to tell her brother not to worry, that she was okay, that he could enjoy himself, that she didn't need him hovering - but with a heavy sigh, for once she let herself be led, be taken care of. She gave Aeodan a weak smile. Everything hurt. She was tired all the time. Nightmares woke her, and even when they did not, she still felt lethargic in the day. Her whole body ached, radiating from her scar outwards. To not have to think about the mechanics of running a bath, to let herself soak and not think... Edalene would never demand it of anyone, but for once, she was glad to not have to take care of herself.

Reluctantly, she let go of Aeodan's hand as he filled the tub with warm water he had already prepared. He had thought of everything - planned to take care of her - and it made her want to smile and cry all at the same time. Edalene let Aeodan take the wine glass, and easily, she folded into his embrace. The air was warm and steamy, and she felt as though she was melting into her twin's arms.

Her eyes watered at his words, and she gave an almost imperceptible nod. For Edalene to let anyone take care of her was a phenomenally difficult task. She had spent her whole life looking out for her brother, worrying about him, and always putting herself second. It went against everything in her to let him do the same to her. She bit her lip as he pulled the blanket away, and finally, her dress. Her breath hitched, a hidden sob, standing naked before her brother. She kept her eyes fixed on the ceiling, unable to look at him.

And then - he kissed that pale green mark on her belly, where deep inside the song of the Shay sat. Again, her breath trembled, and Edalene brought her arms up, crossing them over the mark. "Please... don't. Don't touch it." Even as she begged, she could not look at Aeodan. All she would see in his eyes would be love and understanding, and she couldn't handle that. "It's ugly. I just ... please don't." She felt hopeless, even more so when she saw the tear trail out of his eye. She - she had made Aeodan upset. She couldn't handle that. Not when it felt like she was swimming through darkness already.

She sunk into the bath water, still unable to look at him. She took the wine glass, and still looking into the water that obscured her blemish skin. "Can you come back?" she asked, just before he left to the kitchen. And finally, she looked at her brother. There were unshed tears in her eyes. "Please?"

After he left, she didn't take the book. Instead, she took a long draught of her wine, and leaned back into the warm water. It soothed the pain in her scar, but there was another ache even warm water couldn't heal. She took a deep breath, and sunk below the warm water, her head completely submerged, and let the warm water cover her closed eyes and wash her headache away.
word count: 542
Aeodan
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

This Must Be The Place

Aeodan froze in the doorway. Both of his pale hands rested on the doorjamb, and he leaned against one them. He didn't need to turn around to feel what Edalene was feeling, but he could see the look of pain clearly in his mind. He had memorised every feature of her face, every line and blemish, every mark and freckle. He knew that she had thirty six lines in her top lip. He had counted her eyelashes. And so when she asked him to come back, he could clearly envision the look that led its shadow across the features he loved so much. And so he stood in the doorway, his porcelain back smooth and taut from his rigidity. Slowly he turned to look at her, though she'd sunk further into the tub.

"I will always come back to you, my love. I will always return to you, whether it's from the next room, or from completely across the world. There is no distance in this world that could keep me from you. Always remember that, my darling."

He darted across the room, kissing her forehead gently before he trotted from the room. Emerging from the scented room, the smell of searing vegetables making his mouth water. The caribou steaks were over the low heat, and they had obtained a soft brown that faded into a solid red in their center. He smiled, pressing a finger to the hot and soft surface, testing its doneness with his finger. He quickly pulled the pan from the fire, putting it instead in the oven, with its red coals glowering beneath.

He turned to the vegetables, giving them a stir. The potatoes had acquired a slight caramelization to them, and the carrots were soft. The onions became translucent, and the asparagus was a deep and soft green. Everything was going to be perfect, and Aeodan knew that his sister really needed it to be. Honestly, he needed it to be. He loved his sister more than anything in the world, and to see her so depressed saddened him. He had been feeling her emotions so clearly lately that it was starting to affect him. He needed her to see her how he saw her:

Perfect.

Sliding the vegetables from the fire, he piled them onto the steaks in the oven, and left them. A scoop of butter for each steak, and Aeodan left them to roast until they were a bit more done. Pouring more wine for the both of them, Aeodan set up a small serving tray with two plates, cutlery and the wine glasses. As soon as the food was done, about twenty bits later, Aeodan displayed the steaks on the plates, their succulent juices running on the plates. The vegetables were set to the side, and the asparagus was laid across the steaks. The presentation was beautiful.

Perfect.

He took the serving tray and set it on the table. Calling out to his sister, he made his way into the scented bathroom again.

"My love? Dinner is ready. Can I help you into a robe?" He smiled and offered a slim hand, providing Edalene with a solid base to rise from the steaming water.

word count: 537
Edalene
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

This Must Be The Place

Edalene breathed deeply at the press of his warm lips to her forehead. She was here. He was here. They were happy in their apartment. The Temple, Rynmere, it was all far away. So far away. Still, she could not help but sink into the water. It soothed her scar in her belly and the ache in her mind. For this moment, she let herself drift - no words, no thoughts, no worries and no stresses. Just her in the water. As she was, alone.

Time drifted as she waited, here in the warm water of the tub. Without gravity, she floated, and it was like the Beneath. Dark, and filmy - but she eventually rose, gasping for air. As she gasped, she realised - what had she been doing this past season?

She had worried. Yes, of course. With what Vri demanded of her, how could she not? But she had matured since the Temple. Of course she had. Once upon a time, she had loved Narav. No, she still loved Narav. But it was not the same since the Temple. Now, she looked back on her interactions with him, and she recognised that while she l0oved, and loved, and loved him - he did not love her.

Edalene had never returned his letters, yes. But that was not an excuse. Even before Godryn, he had been afraid, fragile. And Aeodan had never been that. He had always offered his love to her. Even when she did not realise it, he had always been there. Silent. Loving. And Narav, he took and took and took and gave nothing back.

Edalene loved. She loved and she loved but she was tired. And yet Aeodan gave her rest.

His voice interrupted her thoughts. "Yes, my love, please," she murmured, taking his hand, rising naked from the steaming water. Her scar ached less already. Holding onto him, she stepped out of the bath, and shrugged on the robe he offered. He led her down the hall from the bathroom to the kitchen.

"I'm sorry," Edalene murmured. "I shouldn't be like this. I love you, and I am happy to be here with you." She took a seat gracefully at the table. "Just... some days, I remember what must be done." She looked weakly down at the table, before smiling back at her brother, and it was genuine - he would be able to feel the truth she was speaking.

"But never doubt how glad I am to be here with you, my love - especially you. I came back for you, Aeodan. Do not think I am not glad to be with my brother."
word count: 438
Aeodan
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

This Must Be The Place

Aeodan managed a weak smile as he helped Edalene from the tub, rubbing the warm wool of the robe to warm her against the chill in the air. He kissed her forehead and smiled, their emotions rubbing together to create a miasma of warmth, fear and adoration. It was strange, the mixture, but it felt oddly normal to the Burnett twin. They'd been feeling it together since they'd arrived in Viden, since they'd carried Thomas from the Temple of the Fifth Verse. He knew the feeling too well, and it was too familiar to allow it to spoil their night.

"You do not need to apologise, my love. I know how hard all of this has been on you, and I've wracked and wracked my brain to try and figure something out. And Eda... We will. I promise. I will do everything I can to help you carry this. And if we can't find a way to pull this off, I'll take down Vri himself and we'll all live forever."

His tone was as supportive as he could muster, and his smile was slightly lopsided. He wanted to help Edalene, and he intended to keep his word on figuring something out. But that was a concern for another trial. This trial, he just wanted to pamper Edalene. Yvithia knew she deserved it, and Aeodan planned to make sure that she would relax. Some wine, some food, a hot bath, a massage. Whatever Eda needed, Aeodan would do it. Whatever she needed him to be... He would be it.

Guiding her from the bathroom, the tantalizing smell of the dinner greeted them. Throughout the house, the smell of melted butter, creamy and salty, trickled through doorways and into nostrils. The potatoes and onions were earthy, and the caribou meat made Aeodan's mouth water. With her arm through his, Aeodan led Edalene to the table. He pulled the chair out for her, and pushed it in under her. The plate was well-arranged, pretty in the contrast of the colours and the placement of the vegetables. He glided around the table and sat himself, setting her plate and wineglass in front of her. The wine was full, and the bottle on the table was half-way empty. Another, unopened bottle sat not far away. Aeodan came prepared.

"I like to think I styled this meal after what Thomas taught us. So, I made something special for two reasons: The first, and arguably most important, is that you deserve to be showered with love and affection. This meal is a representation of my eternal love for you, and my willingness to do anything I have to in order to make you happy. The second is that Cassion likes for a meal to be dedicated him before undertaking an adventure, and starting after this night, we embark on a new adventure. After this night, we begin our search for Farafan's cure, her true cure. After this night, we will resume thinking about Narav's safety as we try to undo one of the most tragic wrongs in the history of Idalos. So, Cassion, though this may not be the adventure we had in mind, please see that this meal begins it, and it gives us the strength and focus to continue, even when we may not wish to. Please allow this meal to be the beacon that guides us back, no matter how dark our path gets. May this meal begin our journey together."

He smiled and reached out, squeezing Edalene's hand.

"But tonight, my love, we think about us. Not Narav. Not Farafan. Not Vri. You and I. I love you, Edalene. And tonight, I'm going to make sure that we start our adventure as happily as possible." He lifted her hand and kissed it gently.

"And so the beginning of our night. On your plate is a caribou steak, seared and then finished to be a shade above rare. It is incredibly lean, but some of the most tender meat I could find in Viden. I visited two butchers before deciding. On the side are potatoes and onions grown in Welles, imported because they are larger and more flavourful. The asparagus was roasted in a butter made by Mable the cow, the one that was owned by Thomas' friend. It was the hardest ingredient to track down, by far. I used it to caramelize the onions as well as soften the asparagus. Everything is lightly seasoned, and should have far more flavour than what I usually cook."

And finally, he took up the wine bottle.

"And this... A deep, dry red from Hiladrith. It was stowed away on the ship of Alexios Alexopolous, and I purchased it from him for nearly sixty nels. He assured me that it was worth every nel, and he threw in a raspberry tart wine from Nekhet as well, for dessert. This Hiladrithan red is older than we are, almost twice over. This... This is the true gift." He smiled again, watching his sister's reaction.
Off Topic
The Price List does not offer options for nearly everything here, so I'm going to deduct 150gn from my ledger to cover the steaks, the wine and the vegetables. If the grader finds this to be too small a sum, feel free to correct me.
word count: 897
Edalene
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

This Must Be The Place

Edalene giggled, and she could feel the joy that burst through Aeodan at the sound. It had been some time since she laughed, and she only just realised that her depressive state wasn't just affecting her - it was torturing Aeodan. "If anyone could bring down Vri, I believe it would be you, my love," she murmured, looking down at the food before her. She took a deep breath to compose herself. Tonight was about them. The twins and their love. She would do her best not to ruin it.

Edalene looked up and at her brother, and this time, there was a genuine smile on her face. "It smells amazing, Aeodan. When did you get so good at cooking?" Edalene flushed a pretty pink, ducking her head with a smile. Though it felt nothing but natural, she still could not quite get used to Aeodan's love for her - or at least, the depth of his love. She had only ever known love that was not returned, not as it should have been, and to have someone love her as wholly and fully and unconditionally as Aeodan did - it was overwhelming. It was perfect. Edalene gazed at her brother in adoration as he spoke, describing the tantalising meal in front of them. Really, Aeodan could have put butter on bread and Edalene would have been fulfilled. It was him, her brother, that fulfilled her more than good food or good wine. And he did all of this for her. As she watched him, Edalene made a promise to herself: to do everything she could to show Aeodan that his love was not amiss. That she would do anything for him.

"I think Cassion, and Thomas, would approve," she said, smiling. The food sounded delicious, and though Edalene felt a twinge in her still heart at the mention of Farafan and Narav, she pushed it away. She could allow herself one night of happiness. One night of bliss. "But yes. To Cassion, may he guide us on our new adventure. And to Ralaith - may he give us wisdom on the journey." Edalene smiled prettily at her brother. "I love you, Aeodan. Thank you for everything."

"Where on earth did you get butter from Mable the Cow?" Edalene asked, laughing. But then her hand flew to her mouth as Aeodan told her about the wine. "Aeodan..." she whispered, smiling. "You don't even like wine that much, and you did this for me?" Grinning, she couldn't help herself. She stood and moved around the table, bending to press a firm kiss to her brother's lips. "You are wonderful, and I love you so much." She lingered there a moment, before smiling and returning to her seat.

Edalene picked up her wine glass. "A toast, then," she proposed. "Not to Cassion, or to Ralaith, or even to Alexios Alexopolous, though he procured us a delcious and special wine. A toast to you, Aeodan. For everything you have done tonight. For everything you have ever done for me, and for us. You - you complete me. To you, Aeodan." Before he could insist the toast would be for the both of them, Edalene drank deeply, keeping eye contact with her brother. He needed more praise. He needed all the praise in the world. He was -

Perfect.

Placing down her glass, she picked up her fork. "Let's eat, before it gets cold," she suggested. Edalene marvelled as her knife slid through the steak as if it were butter. She cut off a small piece, placed it delicately on her tongue. As soon as she tasted it, she moaned. Slowly, she chewed, savouring every moment. "Aeodan," she said when she had swallowed. "It's phenomenal. Thank you."
word count: 624
Aeodan
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

This Must Be The Place

Aeodan's face flushed when Edalene kissed him, and he leaned in when she pulled away. He loved the feel of her lips, and he enjoyed the slight curve of her smile when she pulled away. Every nerve in his body exploded, and he shivered as she returned to her seat.

"I need no thanks to show you affection, Edalene. You are the Jewel of Idalos. You're the reason the suns rise and fall. Thanking me for loving you is like thanking the suns for warming the world. It needs not be said, for as the suns rise and set, so shall I too love you eternally."

He smiled as she took the first bite. He could tell from the look on her face that she loved it, and he took his first bite soon after. The flavours were delicious. Mable's butter added a smooth creaminess to the vegetables, and the saltiness of it had soaked into the meat. It was luscious, a decadent treat for the two of them. He lifted his own wine glass and sniffed it, the scents of currant and earth forming in his nostrils. He took a sip, and the bouquet of flavours coated his tongue. He too offered a moan of delight, reaching his right hand across the table to touch Eda's arm.

"This is all for you, my love. Tonight is all for you. After dinner, I thought we'd retire to the fire, where I can rub your shoulders and we can keep drinking this wonderful wine. I want to talk about anything that is not related to Farafan, Narav or Vri. I want tonight to be about us. We can talk about our memories, or our futures. Whatever you want, my love."

He smiled and cut another sliver from his steak. Leaning across the table, he offered a bite of his steak to Edalene. Though it was much the same, he winked.

"You always thought the food from my plate tasted better. Try this." He fed it to her, then leaned further across the table to kiss her. He opened his mouth slightly to absorb the juices from the piece of steak as it passed her lips. When he retreated back to his chair, he licked his lips. It tasted of butter and salt.

"Mm. You may have been right." He smiled and took another sip of wine, this one larger. "Do you remember when we were kids and Mother would yell at you to stop eating my food? 'He's skinny as a pole, Edalene. If you eat his peas, he'll wither away!' I can still hear the shrillness of her voice sometimes, though we haven't seen them in so long."

He smiled at Edalene, locking his eyes with hers.

word count: 465
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “City of Viden”