• Closed • Suspicious Behaviour

The stronghold of education and learning, this fortress, in one of the coldest areas of Idalos, houses many who seek to enhance their knowledge and expertise in any number of disciplines. Unknown to most, however, below the public areas of the city, suffering for the sake of science is common. All are welcomed, though some who arrive are not treated as they might expect.

Moderators: Whisper, Banshee

Suspicious Behaviour

Postby Arlo Creede » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:32 am

It was true that from the bit that he'd walked into the room, in fact before then since he'd been listening from the hallway, Arlo had been skeptical regarding the visitor's identity and his reasons for being there. But it was the claim that he was from a secret organization in the city that caused skepticism to go careening off to flat disbelief. Either the man was the member of such an organization and was really, really terrible at keeping secrets. He was a fool. Or a liar. Liar was the most prominent theory going, but possible he was a combination of all three. Whichever the case the man was trouble and was upsetting Vega. And that wasn't good for anyone.

The flashing and swirling of her eyes was the first sign of danger. The hurling of colorful curses, to say the least, was the second and if this man was only able to read the signs, he ought to be running for the hills by now. If he knew what was good for him, he would. It wasn't Arlo he needed to worry about. "We don't have any drugs. Never did," he said, deciding to cut this debate over arsenal size, off at the pass. Sure, once on a lark he'd swallowed down a bright colored potion, handed to him by a Biquaj, gypsy woman. Admittedly the immediate effects to his perception of the world were astounding. On the other hand it had knocked three arcs off his life in the blink of an eye. Never again.

Still, the all hail remark nearly made Arlo rethink this whole thing of not wanting to resort to violence and mucking up their rented room in the process. Did the man really ask him did he want to see something bigger. No. No he didn't. "No. To both," he said. No drugs and Vega wasn't high or crazy either. Coming a little unhinged at the bit? Maybe. But not without provocation and the sod didn't have the good sense to recognize the signs. And he wasn't convinced that Vega was helping any, in spite of causing him to grin inwardly.

No. He wasn't getting her sword. "You know, we can forget you were here," he said bluntly to the interloper. "And forget that you've thrown round all sorts of spurious accusations. It won't be as easy to clean up the mess though if you stay any longer." Meaning? He had his doubts about being able to hold Vega back if she got any more riled, and it might be better if this fellow got while the getting was good.
Arlo Creede
Approved Character

Race: Human
Profession: Traveler
Renown: +348
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates
Medals: 12
Peer Reviewer (1) Painting With Words (1) One Arc Later... (1) Living Legend (1)
Hallowed (1) First Love (1) Dreamer (1) Party Animal (1)
Lol Worthy (2) Crush The Reviews! 717 (1) Event Medal (1)

Suspicious Behaviour

Postby Devin » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:50 am

“I am trying to protect the citizens of Viden from thieves, con men and drug dealers!” Devin claimed in his best Officer Hawthorne-tone even though he doubted that Vega was listening to him at all at that point. As she asked him if he was just a pervert, he resisted the urge to laugh out loud (Officer Hawthorne would never laugh out loud). Did she really think that she would be able to insult him with that? He regularly engaged in perverse and unlawful activities, and he was proud of it!

That she threatened to kick him in order to make sure that that bit of his never worked again worried him a little more though, and he abruptly put a hand right there because he was very fond of that part of his anatomy and still needed it. He hadn’t thought that the situation would get any crazier, but then she started to wonder if his mother had dropped him on his head (and thus given him a head start as far as being stupid was concerned).

He just stared at her incredulously for a few moments because he wasn’t sure if he had heard correctly and blinked a couple of times, and then he burst out laughing – a deep, full-belly and thoroughly amused laughter because he just couldn’t hold back anymore and didn’t care about what Officer Hawthorne would or wouldn’t do anymore either. Having done that, he went right back to holding his head because she still hadn’t stopped ranting and raving, and he was wondering if she planned on getting rid of him by making his head explode.

“Well, I’d like to see that”, he remarked as she stated that she would beat him to death with her bare hands and devour his insides because he didn’t believe that she would go through with her threat – before he noticed that her eyes had turned red. As he noticed that, he made another step back and then another one because it had occurred to him that she might actually mean it. There was a look of panic on his face now, and his gaze rapidly darted back and forth between Vega and Arlo. He didn’t care whether they had drugs or not anymore. He just wanted to get out! Why did he always end up with the crazy ones? These two weren’t harmless drug dealers, they were cannibals!

“Yeah, let’s just forget that I was here and said that”, he agreed with Arlo. “I’m sorry that I suspected you of being drug dealers when all you want to do is eat me. Goodbye, and have a nice trial!” With that he spun around and ran as quickly as he could. He would rent a room at a different inn, he decided, because he never wanted to see them again.

They were completely and utterly mad!
Devin
Approved Character

Profession: Thief
Renown: +30
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates
Medals: 1
Lol Worthy (1)

Suspicious Behaviour

Postby Vega » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:30 am

Arlo wasn’t getting her the sword? That was fine, she didn’t need it. Right at this moment Vega was of the opinion that she could do more damage with her bare hands. Maybe bludgeon him to death with her stick. They could make another set of crutches if she smashed them over his head or, come to that, shoved them right up his… he was laughing? As Vega looked, mouth agape in disbelief, Officer Floppyparts laughed. But he’d like to see it?

He’d like to see it?

Something inside Vega snapped and her eyes flooded vivid red in fury. ”Like to see it? Righteo, sunshine,” she was standing, moving towards him when she felt Arlo’s hand on her, just trying to calm her down and she pulled away from that touch, yanking her arm out of his grip. Because he wanted her to be a reasonable person and she couldn’t be right now so she moved towards the creature who had caused All This Bother. But Officer Flopsy took a step back, no longer worrying about covering Little Flopsy with his hand and now looking genuinely nervous.

She stopped and glared as he apologised and then ran out of the door. ”Yeah, you run you snark-lovin’ pigsticker! Yer as thick as ten-trial old custard! If I see you again, I’m gonna tie yer flopsy in a knot… you… “ There probably weren’t many Rakahi speakers in Viden, she figured as she yelled just what she thought he was after him in that language, and any children almost certainly didn’t know those words. Once he’d gone she moved to sit down and she did that away from Arlo just in case he irritated her slightly and she over reacted enormously. ”I know,” she said, as he closed and locked the door. ”I know ‘ow I look an’ I know I was pushin’ it but I’m not sorry so you can jog on too.” Reasonable wasn’t quite where she was yet.

”The opacity of it, Arlo. I answered the door an’ cos I was holdin’ the crutches I couldn’t hold the door. So it swung an’ I couldn’t stop him comin’ in.” That had wound her right up of course, but it had done so because it had made her afraid and she absolutely loathed that. ”I hate these stupid things an’ these stupid legs an’ that stupid man.” Wild hand gestures accompanied the telling of it; Vega was calming down now that the door was closed, but she just hadn’t caught up with that fact yet. ”An’ then he started talkin’ nonsense. I mean, for the love of Betsy, why can’t people talk straight? He’s been followin’ us, he must have. Pervert. Sick, sick little man an’ I hate him, I do. You should have given me my sword, I’d have rammed it right in his pocket, an’ not jus…. What?”

It was his face that caused her to stop and Vega looked at him. As she did, her eyes shifted and changed in colour and a smile tugged at her lips, though she fought it. ”I can’t remember the last time I was this mad,” she said and she couldn’t help the smile from crossing her face then. ”Right, so he’s gone. I’m glad you didn’t over react, there.” Her expression was teasing and she held her hands out to encourage him to come sit with her. ”You know how you get. I’m glad I was here to calm you down. Help me get washed an’ changed, would you?”

Fire Forged Rose

Vega
Phoenix from the flames

Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Wandering, wondering.
Renown: +205
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates
Medals: 16
Supporter (1) One Arc Later... (1) Living Legend (1) Pioneer (1)
...ow. (1) First Love (1) First Kiss (1) Immortal Lover (1)
Dreamer (1) Party Animal (1) Legend In Waiting (1) Lol Worthy (2)
Cylus 717 Thread Challenge (1) Cylus 717 PC/Dev Challenge (1) Cylus 717 All Star (1)

Suspicious Behaviour

Postby Arlo Creede » Sun May 06, 2018 11:27 am

"Protecting the citizens from con men?" Arlo scoffed, but couldn't help grinning in the process. He did like a little irony after all, and this exchange was filled to the brim with it. "Well there's some fox and hen house for you." With each gesture, each statement this man fell afoul of, while Arlo had only suspected the man was a fraud from the beginning, he'd worked hard to make sure there wasn't a doubt left behind in his wake. And Vega threatening to kick or whack him with his cane only made the situation feel all the more outlandish. He had to admit he was enjoying it a little.

Shaking his head then when Hawthorne said he'd like to see Vega try any number of things she'd threatened to do, he warned, "I wouldn't do that if I were you." He knew after all. That sort of thing never turned out well. "If you do, I'll be telling the establishment to send you the bill for the damages." The man was beginning to get the message though, fool that he was, and was slowly backing towards the door. First smart thing he'd done since he'd arrived.

And then of course he was gone in a flash, leaving the door open behind him. Arlo ducked his head out and shouted after him, "Have a nice trial!" Vega naturally couldn't let the man have the last word, or him, and added insult to injury and he turned back, raising his own hands high in his defense. "Wasn't going to say a word." She was riled but good, and he'd witnessed it a number of times before. Frequently enough that he knew when to keep his mouth shut.

"You know what?" he pointed out. "Maybe I ought to be thanking that fellow instead of wishing him ill. I haven't seen you this full of yourself in quite a while. It's good." And it was. Cane or no, help needed with this or that, all good and well. But clearly Vega was well on the road to recovery and more her old self with every trial that passed.
Arlo Creede
Approved Character

Profession: Traveler
Renown: +348
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates
Medals: 12
Peer Reviewer (1) Painting With Words (1) One Arc Later... (1) Living Legend (1)
Hallowed (1) First Love (1) Dreamer (1) Party Animal (1)
Lol Worthy (2) Crush The Reviews! 717 (1) Event Medal (1)

Suspicious Behaviour

Postby Yndira » Wed May 16, 2018 10:18 am

Claiming!
Yndira
Approved Character

Race: Naerikk
Renown: -6
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Medals: 4
Peer Reviewer (1) Artíst (1) Murderer (1) Crush The Reviews! 717 (1)

Previous

Return to Viden