Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Saoire Holiday Event: Chat and Q&A

Holiday Event: Chat and Q&A!
The Saoire holiday event is here! Use this thread to chat with one another about the event, to ask questions of the Prophets, and to get yourselves into the giving spirit. We particularly encourage the posting of holiday music, holiday memes, and descriptions of how your characters would react to Saoire should they ever meet.

Cheers,
Ru & Nymph
word count: 64

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild
Patrick
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Trouble
Renown: 575
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Super stoked about this year's event, the last year was a major success in my opinion; everyone did an awesome job and we all had our fun. Also Pat got a kiss from Saoire last year, he wants her all to himself this year. :P
word count: 45
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Duncan Oisin
Approved Character
Profession: Mercenary
Renown: 36
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

No gifting post templates OOC this year? How come? :(
word count: 9

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night,
and when you move fall like a thunderbolt"
Rumour
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

I’m glad you’re as excited as we are, Patrick! :D

Duncan, only a few players participated in gifting templates OOC last year. Some of them didn’t end up following through, which meant staff had to do some extra work to create templates last minute so their partners wouldn’t miss out. This year, we want to keep everything IC through meaningful gifts, and we encourage anyone who wants to gift a template to do so outside of this particular event. I’m sure an unexpected new template, with or without the event, would be welcomed by anyone! :)
word count: 99

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild
Whisper
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Profession: Storyteller
Renown: 394
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Yay, this looks great, and I would love to take part on a PC, however there are restrictions on all of my PCs when it comes to finances and stuff...

So.. like... what if.. you're poor? Or play a slave?
word count: 41
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Hiya!

Three questions, if I may:

1. I might well be missing it - but the event says this year the worth of the gift should be "at least 50gn" - is there an upper limit?

2. Is it likely to be kept to one pc only? I keep changing my mind which pc! LOL.

3. If an item isn't on the price list, should we just clarify with a prophet - and what about Point Bank items?

Thank you! Very excited to be taking part in this again this year. It was such a great success last year, it's great!
word count: 100
This PC is dead. See this thread for details.
Rumour
Prophet of Old
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Great questions, both!

@Whisper: This may not be the easiest event for slave PCs to participate in, unfortunately. A slave will still have the same item restrictions that they would usually have, meaning they cannot earn anything of value aside from clothing and small trinkets.

If you’re OOC poor (ie. don’t have 50gn), you may come up with an alternative solution and run it by Nymph or I to see if that works. You may also consider taking out a loan and paying that loan back with future wages.

If you’re IC poor but have 50gn, you may want to consider using an IC plot device to obtain the item (ex. stumbling across it, stealing it, regifting, etc).

@Faith: 1. I might well be missing it - but the event says this year the worth of the gift should be "at least 50gn" - is there an upper limit? There’s no upper limit, but we imagine most gifts will be between 50gn – 100gn.

2. Is it likely to be kept to one pc only? I keep changing my mind which pc! LOL. We would prefer folks keep this to one PC (if only to make randomized pairings easier!) but you/others may sign up with more than one if you’re having a hard time deciding.

3. If an item isn't on the price list, should we just clarify with a prophet - and what about Point Bank items? Yep, you can clarify the item with Nymph or I when you send it to us after we pair you up! And Point Bank items are fine, as long as they’re approved by one of us.

Thanks!
word count: 279

Nymph
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Office
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Just to clarify on the PC aspect and lack of funds: We are happy to work with you on this. Slaves are incredibly difficult, especially if they are not privately owned and in Augiery. You would potentially get a gift and then promptly lose it. That would not be fair to your slave PC. We encourage, that if you are able, to pick another PC to enter into this event. Special loan can be provided upon request. Just ask myself or Rumour and we can discuss it further.

Duncan: The other reason we pulled the OOC aspect is that there will be an OOC event, I believe, overlapping this event. We had to consider all desires during this season. Hopefully you will still join us in the IC aspect of this event!

Nymph
word count: 133
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be then me.
Rumour
Prophet of Old
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Exciting news! Everyone who has been put in the City option has been paired up, and everyone who has been put in the Global option has been randomly matched. PMs will be going out from myself and/or Nymph this weekend so that you can begin plotting your gifts.

Thank you to all of you who signed up for this event! We're looking forward to a great holiday season.
word count: 70

Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

word count: 0
This PC is dead. See this thread for details.
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Announcements Archive”