Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Global Event - Latest Developments

Global Event - Treid's Heart - Latest Developments

The purpose of this thread is to provide progressive updates on the Global Event.

This includes for now:
-Summary of recent information that may be useful.
-Summary of recent developments from cities throughout Idalos.
-Links to moderated threads or plans for upcoming moderated threads.
-Purported rumours and comments made by the Immortals and last seen location of Immortals.

New information will be updated every few trials, if not every trial, so stay tuned!

Please refrain from commenting here and use the OOC chat thread provided! Thank you.

word count: 94
Shards
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: 0
Office

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

What we know about the Shadow Creatures so far...

Immortals have been debating the cause of this shadowy force but have yet reached a consensus. The shadow creatures were unleashed upon the cities of Idalos at the end of Saun in great waves. They continue to appear and cause unprecedented damage. Names have been provided to these creatures. In Etzos, they are called the Mist Men. Nashaki, the Black Dust. In Viden, the Unseen.

The following has been collected and summarized from various accounts of those that have fought the shadow creatures.

They are prevalent during the day. They emerge from shadows, rising out like a mist. Their eyes are black holes and humanoid in appearance and stand at six feet. They make inward groans to soft whispers. They take some time to fully form out from the shadows. During this time, they are quite weak. In their mature form, the mist forms thickly about their hands and they can grip weapons and even choke their victims to death.

Mature forms can often take upon the appearance of objects and people to induce confusion and fear.

They can be killed easily by striking them as they begin to form. They will use sheer numbers to overwhelm their opponents at this stage. Once they develop into a mature form, which can take some breaks, the only way to deal with them is by multiple strikes with weapons or, more effectively, by exposure to fire. The best weapon is fire and can evaporate them quickly and easily in their mature form. Panic-stricken use of fire is likely to get out of hand, however, so care must be taken.

Please direct your questions to the OOC chat thread provided!
word count: 287
Shards
Prophet of Old
Office

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Reactions of the Immortals - Vhalar 6

It has only been a few trials into Vhalar season and the Shadow Creatures have continued their onslaught. The ebb and flow of the shadow creatures changes daily and all cities stand ready, attacked or no. Ne'haer has been particularly brutalised of late and efforts have doubled to meet the hammer fall. Followed closely behind are the cities of Desnind, Scalvoris, Etzos, and to a lesser extent, Andaris and Rharne. Each city has begun to find those willing to put their lives on the line to protect all mortals.

Yet defenders have continued to fight on even as their numbers slowly fall. For how long can they last? The mortals of Idalos have come to realise that time is their enemy. Without resolution, Idalos will eventually have her lands engulfed by a blanket of darkness. Will the Immortals provide the direction they desperately need?

In the meantime, the Immortals have been watching the events with discerning eyes. Some know the culprit and others, an inkling of one. Sides have been chosen and the stage has now been set. All watch the other as Idalos creeps slowly to the brink of war.

The words of the Immortals have been overheard, recorded, intercepted by mortals and mortalborns in the vicinity of the Immortals. Their position is telling, but please note that such quotes can indeed be the result of mistranslations and misinterpretations by the listener. Reader beware.

Their words are as follows:

Zanik - What has happened? Shadow creatures you say? How can it be that such things can wreak such terror...unless? No, it can't be Lisirra... (Spoken to self, after hearing news of the Shadow Creatures in western Idalos).

Faldrun - I know that bitch Syroa is behind all this! She has gone behind my back for the last time and attacked my city! Where are my generals? Well, bring them to me! (Tirade in front of Aukari followers, one is killed in Faldrun's rage)

Raskalarn - The shadows are a concern, yes. But we will not allow it to deter us from our course. We will protect our people, and the scouts will find if the culprit is in our borders. If they are, I will deal with it personally. Otherwise, my duty is here. (Said to her High Courts)

Kata: Oh yes, yes we should help her. We should help her kill them all. Kill them, watch their cities crumble. Please, my love, take me to her and let me break them… ( Spoken from the feet of Mastes, gleeful in the ruinination).

Illaren - Cities of Idalos still suffer. At least here, the shadows have receded and light now shines on the battered city of Rharne. We shall use the scarce time to rebuild! We will find those responsible and bring them to justice!(At the Lightning Cathedral, beating a map laden table with a fist, surrounded by Thunder Priestesses).

Vhalar - You know I must do something to find the source of this suffering. It is a duty I made long ago and I cannot let this tarnish the season of my name. (Written letter, sent to Ymiden).

Ziell - What causes such terror and chaos, as if it seeks to undo all I wish for. No peace has been found in this city, nor, it seems, in all of Idalos. (Overheard, trudging through an alleyway littered with bodies).

Yvithia - From the accounts made, there is no doubt that this is the work of a master of illusion. It must be Aelig and, it cannot be. He does not have the capacity to attack all of Idalos at once, at least not on his own. This is the tip of the iceberg and we must delve deeper with further study). (Declared to Eidisi researchers, after multiple autopsies performed on victims to the Shadow Creatures).

Mastes - Oh? Shadow creatures, you say? What a grand scheme, this one. My guess would be Syroa, my pet. And you like Syroa, don’t you? Shall we go to her? Shall we help her accomplish her goals? ( Spoken to Kata at his feet, as she looks up at him).

Moseke - How my heart bleeds for the losses we have suffered. I have felt this once before. I feel it is Lisirra's work. She seeks to complete her work and destroy all of us! We must not delay as we did before. Send word to the other Immortals. (Spoken with tears, to Sevryn leaders).

Sintra - Oh, Lisirra and her pets are up to something fun, aren't they? But the little brat wouldn't risk angering so many without a reason beyond destruction. Your children must find what she is after, my daughter. (Said to Labrae upon discovering the shadow creatures)

Chrien - The more humans that die the better. (Spoken coldly before swimming away, after given news of the land by a Mer messenger).

U'frek - What is this about Shadow Creatures upon the land? No, I have been out at sea for many Trials. Let us hear of it all now. (U'frek, disembarking a Biqaj ship, at Na'haer).

Xiur - These are despicable acts. I shall speak to Qylios and get to the bottom of this. We must act quickly before more mortals are killed. (Letter to U'frek , near Valaris).

Qylios - Send word to the others. We must have a small audience and seek what it is behind this late scourge. We shall fight them until victory is ours - I promise you. (Declared to her followers, on her way to Rharne).

Ethelynda - I will go to the others, see what they intend to do. Aelig doesn't have the power to pull this off alone, and the ones who can help might well be after more than rampant destruction. Guard our people well until I return. (Said to the Yithiral Aethesti's.)

Ymiden - Moseke is upset and I do not blame her. I will do what I can to protect the mortals. (Murmured to himself, Desnind).

Karen - I have my assignment, and I will not deter from it. No, you may not know what it is, but our Empress knows that there are things that must be protected, and I am the best we have. I have sent one I trust to look into it. (Said shortly before she disappears from the public eye.)

Ralaith - I do not know what causes the creatures. It could be the work of the Immortals, it could not be. It is unwise to leap to conclusions. (Declared to mortal students, Strosdyn).

Ashan - Perhaps it is a punishment for sins committed by the mortal? Perhaps it is the work of Immortals, bent on destruction. I do not know what it is. I do not know. (Spoken with a fellow trapper, in Eastern Idalos).

word count: 1132
Shards
Prophet of Old
Office

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Global Event - Treid's Heart - Event Duration

Hi guys, it has been wonderful to see the variety of threads being produced for this Event. As you may know, a new chapter is unfolding in various regions, starting in Andaris and Etzos. Please be patient as further moderated threads open up in the remaining regions.

The purpose of this post however is to clarify the dates of this Event. The event shall run from Vhalar 14 to Vhalar 30. The event will conclude at Oscillus. At the conclusion of the event, all PCs will returned to their home city via a portal through emea, where they can resume their regular activities.

I hope this makes sense and has not caused inconvenience. Please contact me if you have any questions and issues.

word count: 130
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Announcements Archive”