• Memory • A Love That Hurts Long After

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Patrick
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Trouble
Renown: 575
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

A Love That Hurts Long After

Vhalar 13, 704

Patrick had just arrived at the front door to his flat in the Earth Quarter, after another long and busy night spent working the bar. He had found the Boar quite the busy avenue to spent time as a bartender, something most certainly more profitable in comparison to his other jobs before. In all aspects of the Dust Quarter, and the shady work often done there, Patrick found the change of lifestyle here quite a liberating one on his behalf. Mostly his work now seemed more honest than before, since he was under the employment of Daveth who gave him the chance. For that Patrick was ultimately grateful, albeit the transition into the busier side of Rharne definitely made the work hard.

Which is why after he finally closed up shop and left Patrick hurried home, to spend the rest of his evening with the gal he loved rather passionately. Usually his favorite part in fact, ever since Lexi moved in with him a couple seasons back. Though her's wasn't a transition easy due to Felissa passing away, after she'd reached a good ripe age compared to those who usually left this world early. Even so her absence weighed heavily on Lexi and Patrick ultimately did all he could, to try and be there for her so that she might recover from the loss. There were times where she struggled to be sure, and during those times usually the only best consolation was to hold her close. A lot.

Therefore when Patrick arrived home to open his door, he did so with a warm grin as he walked inside the flat. Lexi had appeared to be sitting at the table, face buried in her hands until her lover had walked in through the door. Someone had been crying... "Hey love," Patrick greeted softly with a touch of concern, "another long Trial?"

"Hey... Yeah it's... been one of them Trials." She admitted with a sleeve used to wipe over her dampened cheeks. Pat's smile became more sullen as he came closer towards the table, his hand brought down to hold one of her's once he stood over Lexi.

"Hey now, come here." He ushered her as she seemed to linger there, until finally she scooted the chair back and rose to stand into him. Patrick held her close tightly then, one of his hands used to brush through her hair as he comforted her. "Everything's gonna be okay Lexi, no matter how hard it feels right now."

"I just miss her too much is all..." She murmured with a sigh as she slowly walked away from him, her hand slowly withdrew from his as she moved towards the window. Patrick watched her with sympathy as he quite easily understood, since he and Dominek both lost their mother at an early age. "Every morning when I wake I... expect to hear her voice. Calling out to me to help with the farm animals, but even now that's gone away too."

"It's... gonna feel that way for a while love. Honestly the hurt doesn't leave for a while, but give it a little time and things will get better." Patrick responded softly in hopes she'd understand where he came from, since she understood well what both brothers had went through. Yet she remained silent as she watched out that window, her reflection from the candlelight told Patrick her mind seemed elsewhere at the moment.
word count: 589
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Patrick
Approved Character
Profession: Trouble
Renown: 575
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Though he considered that maybe Lexi needed time it was honestly the last thing he wanted for her, seeing her in this state of mind bothered him immensely thus he couldn't help himself. The Rharnian approached her from behind and brought his arms around to fold over her belly, to once more embrace her in his arms as a means of comfort. He didn't say anything at first, as he didn't want to prod her over the matter. He knew Lexi was struggling quite a bit and truthfully, he wished for it all to just go away so she could be happy once more. What he wanted for her? For them? Something worth working hard towards now that they were in a better place, compared to the outskirts of Rharne or the streets of Dust Town where he grew up. But Lexi just seemed so caught up in something else entirely, as though another whole different world occupied her mind. Finally the bartender caved in from the silence. "Talk to me?"

Lexi looked from beyond the window to Pat's reflection, the distant look replaced with a more somber expression this time around. "You ever think that maybe we should just leave Rharne?"

Patrick's eyes widened at the implication as he looked from the window down to her, not so surprised since there were plenty of times he would've wanted to leave also. In the Dust Quarter one always had reasons to want to leave; whether they were due to the lifestyle or the people connected to that person. Often Pat imagined being somewhere else better, which in a sense was kind of daydreaming the concept of leaving. "I'd be lying if I said I didn't." The look in her eyes seemed to lighten up then, as though perhaps it were something he'd still be inclined to do.

When she turned around to face him she did it slow, her look up towards him still rather hopeful when she spoke. "So what if we did?"

"What? Leave?" She nodded to his questionable response, and for a trill Patrick actually seemed to project hesitation. They'd worked so hard to get here now... To finally be someplace good in this wild and rebellious city. Dominek was a part of the Lightning Knights and therefore had his own quarters, while Patrick worked hard to earn his keep as the bartender at the Bronze Boar. It wasn't as glorious as his brother's role to be sure, but they were both finally getting somewhere; going places as they moved on up in the world of Rharne. The place he somehow came to recognize as his actual home. "Honestly I... haven't had reason to think about it." He noticed that hope in her eyes flicker out, a hint which revealed she felt otherwise in this case. "Are you... okay?"

Lexi turned away with a sigh as she tucked the curtain of her hair beyond her ear. "I've been thinking... that maybe I should leave Rharne. And I wanted to see if you'd come with me."

"Whoa whoa," Surprise filled his tone as Pat moved to look her down in the eyes, "Lexi I know it's hard to live with right now. But leaving Rharne isn't going to change anything, it's just a means of running away from it."

"I get that Pat I really do..." She responded almost disenchanted with the statement. "But I... I live with this feeling right now! Every Trial I'm out there I think I see her, every other waking moment I'm distracted by the fact she's gone!"

"That's all part of the grief Lexi," He rationalized just as quickly, "I know because I've been there! Except I didn't have anyone to lean on for it, whereas you have me trying to help you do just that. Right here, right now!" He encouraged with hands softly placed on her shoulders, Alexandra however barely seemed persuaded by his statement. "Look if you just- just bear with me on this I swear; it'll all be okay I promise. Dom and I are both here for you Lex, we're working our asses off to help build a life for one another. You too!"

"A life here in Rharne." She pointed out as indication as to something she didn't want.

"Yeah!..." He looked at her under the impression she felt okay with that, until he realized her stare was at the moment quite the opposite. "Lex, look-"

"Pat..." She sighed and with her eyes closed he could see it, the way she held herself meant she was on the verge of tears.

"Okay so what then?" He asked her with a shrug and different tone, as he felt a little upset over where his thought process led him. "You don't want to be in Rharne, so you wanna leave even if that means leaving me. Is that it?!"

"No!" She denied quickly with frustration in her shaky voice. "That's not what I meant! I want us all to leave! You and Dom have never been separated before, so why couldn't you both just move somewhere else beyond Rharne? Why settle for here?"

"Settle? Lexi have you forgotten the last six Arcs? Dominek and I have worked our asses off to get here! We've put in a lot of time and effort to build a better life for us, plus Dominek has been part of the Lightning Knights for a few seasons now. You expect him to trade that in just so we can start over elsewhere?"

"You know what... Just... forget it."

"No Lexi, I'm not-"

"Pat!" She interrupted him with another quiver in her tone, tears rolled down her cheeks as he merely stood there; mouth agape as the rest of his words refused to construct the sentence. "Forget I said anything." Patrick's own chest hurt with a heavier weight than usual, a pain he familiarized with since it felt similar to when he lost his own mother. Already he breathed a little more shallower than usual, as he watched her shake her head turn away with emotional pain.

Anger, confusion, as well as hurt filled him at this point, since Patrick didn't quite know how to take Lexi's idea. Bitterness seeped into him as he shook his head next, a shrug gestured to her as he started to back towards the door. "Alright fine! If you feel that's what you want, then by all means do what you will!" He spat with anger as he turned away to open the door, Lexi genuinely seemed quick to try and stop him; but by then it was too late. Patrick had opened the door to shut it just as quickly once he stepped out, his name called a few times even after the door had been slammed shut. He practically went off to walk of the steam built in his head, and mull over everything that had just occurred.

Ultimately this led to him realizing later on that Patrick didn't really mean what he said to her, that his words were just residual fear over the idea that maybe she didn't want to be with him anymore. At that point however he had walked all the way from the Earth to the Sky Quarter, an impressive feat when one thought more about it! However this was only due to the fact Patrick's anger had clouded his thoughts, and once he finally reached the quarter he didn't feel like walking all the way back down to home. It was late and honestly, he was far too tired to worry about it. Therefore he spent the night crashing with Dominek, who was later filled in the following morning when the two brothers were awake. The older sibling felt it better to head with him to be there, for both Patrick and Lexi, in the event the two were caught up in another argument.

Thus when they arrived at Pat's flat they found it empty...

All of his furnishings remained while anything that belonged to Lexi was gone, as she'd left only one thing behind for the two to discover. A note. She'd written an elaborate apology as well as justification as to why she left, which was pretty much reiteration as to what Patrick told Dominek on the way home. Distraught and heartbroken Patrick crumpled the note with even more rage, more so at himself than over the fact Alexandra had left as she considered. Thus... it actually looked as though after all their time spent together, Patrick and Lexi were both no longer committed together any more. She was just simply gone, with only her memory left behind for the two brothers.
word count: 1487
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Doran Cooney
Approved Character
Profession: Performer
Renown: 40
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Patrick Barnell
Knowledges
Endurance: Exhausted From Long Nights At Work
Endurance: Walking From Rharne's Earth Quarter to Sky Quarter
Discipline: Calming Your Nerves By Taking Walks
Meditation: Reflecting On Situations While You Walk

Personal: Lexi Left
Personal: The Feeling of Abandonment

Loot: N/A
Injuries: N/A
Renown: N/A

Points 10
---
Hey, this is pretty good! I'm assuming there was a little more tension build up in the other threads, but I would have liked to have seen like... just a tiny bit more justification on Pat's part as to why he acted like he did. That being said, I really liked that he did what so many people do in those situations and just reacted and got upset and hurt and left. It was really realistic and good read!
Please edit your grade request, thank you!

Code: Select all

[center][img]/gallery/image.php?album_id=39&image_id=7932[/img]Doran Cooney[/center]
word count: 158
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Rharne”