Extra Knowledge's

Bugs which have been dealt with, suggestions which have been responded to!

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Nightshade Eld
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: The Best Hero
Renown: 485
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Extra Knowledge's

So while I was looking over my character I noticed that I was starting to build up a lot of knowledge's on certain things, one of which being Flying since my character does a lot of that. Once I got past 20 different knowledge's there wasn't really a point in collecting more since that's enough to earn legendary once you get the skill points. But she was still only a master of flight due to a lack of skill points, a problem I didn't have the time or threads to remedy. Now I could just spam solo threads to get the rest of the points but that ruins the point of a rp site. You could always spend points from other threads, but you want to be able to spend those on other important skills especially if that thread was focused around that skill. If I was to do more solo threads pertaining to flight I would end up getting more knowledge, but at the stage my character's at it would take so much time to actually get her enough points for legendary. So you end up getting a ton of knowledge that's just wasted because you have everything you need, as well as threads spent on that idea because you still need the points to get to legendary while also you need to level up other important skills. And it really doesn't make sense to just use points from a thread that focused on a completely different idea, for example using the points from a thread based of learning to cook. I would want to spend those points into my cooking skill.

I purpose that when a player receives excess knowledge they are able to count it as points towards their skill. Depending on the balancing issues this might cause it could be one to one or normal conversion rates could still apply. It would make things more fun as well as more realistic.

This is of course a random thought that I had this morning. I have no clue what kind of effects this could have on characters, nor do I have any idea how it would change the site. Just something for the mods to think about.
word count: 378
Common ~ Ith'Ession ~ Lorien
Dear Mods,
Mod bombs are welcomed and encouraged!
Rumour
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Extra Knowledge's

Hi Nightshade - Thanks for submitting this idea! :) While we may not move forward with it, I'll definitely pass it along to the team to look at.

I will add that knowledge also exists so that our characters can justify knowing something in thread and be able to act on that information and/or teach it to other characters. Gathering more than 20 knowledges isn't necessarily a detriment at the end of the day.

Cheers,
Ru
word count: 77

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Completed!”